Debate

Debate
And don't bring up some fuckin band that no one's heard of

Attached: Old Dad Metal.png (697x691, 505K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pML4byw-6kk
youtube.com/watch?v=v6kb5fvv6_A
youtube.com/watch?v=7dr-xcyLqC8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Megadeth is trash, Iron Maiden are too cringey. Metallica are Okay.

Maiden>Metallica>Megadeth

Maiden isn't even thrash why lump them in this?

Megadeth>Maiden>first two metallica albums>a recording of my own farts>Master of puppets onward

Megadeth>Maiden>Metallica

it's already in order :)

pre black album metallica>megadeth>iron maden>post black album metallica

Megadeth has the highest highs, but only has a few good albums
Metallica similarly only has a few albums that are good front to back, but they still manage some decent songs even on the bad albums
Maiden is the most reliable and certainly has the most material that's enjoyable out of these 3. They also seem like pretty cool guys unlike Metallica who are unapologetic tools and Mustaine who's evangelical Alex Jones tier at this point.
But as others have already pointed out, Maiden isn't a thrash band so the comparison musically is a bit iffy, surely Anthrax or Slayer would fit better in this list

Metallica, specifically Hetfieild is a talented song writer leagues ahead of the rest. Thats why they out grew thrash to disdaine of loser metal fags who need idols and father figures. Metallica also has a signature sound. Cant say that for the other generic bands listed. Iron Maiden And Megadeth use a mascot as a cruth and I must say when i think of those bands I think of album covers and t shirts before the music. So ironically the bands hat didnt sell out are the biggest sell outs as they never had anything to really offer.

anyone who thinks megadeth or iron maiden even come close to fucking METALLICA are contrarian idiots

What is each band's best song?

Megadeth is THRASH

Iron Maiden - Charolette the Harolet
Megadeth - Holy Wars/Punishment Due
Metallica - Fade to Black

You have an extra H in there bud. Check that spelling. Lead singer sounds like a cartoon chracter. Fake ass music for 13 year olds. Cool T shirts doe.

Thrash metal

Demolition Hammer

I don't like Iron Maiden mainly because I never got into them so I'll ignore them.
Currently Metallica is the better band, back then Metallica was the better band, it's a no brainer here folks pack it up

>tornado of souls
>the unforgiven
>dance of death

What is each band's best album?

What's up with that comparison? IM is nothing like the other two. That being said, Maiden > Megadeth >>>> Metallica.
And Judas Priest is better than them all.

Rust in Peace, Master of Puppets, Somewhere in Time

killers, rust in peace, and kill em all

I like Iron Maiden the most. I feel like they have the strongest discography overall of the three groups you posted. Powerslave, Brave New World, all good stuff.

I might be biased though since I always listened to them the most.

Attached: hl4hl3.jpg (1600x1600, 1.09M)

This.

>rust in peace
>the black album
>a matter of life and death

This

I'm admittedly not up on my Iron Maiden but I think the consensus would agree with you. Metallica has had, in my opinion, poor releases after the Black Album, and Megadeth hasn't fared much better. However, I always hear Iron Maiden getting praise for their latest releases, so I feel like in terms of critical reception they may be more consistent with their music and aren't just riding on the waves of their 80s releases.

THIS

peace sells, ride the lightning, and number of the beast

holy shit you've never listened to iron maiden.

they are in a different league altogether
Iron Maiden > american thrash in general

>american thrash in general
Oh, lemme guess. Muh tankard amirite?

watt?

these

Attached: AMLD.jpg (600x400, 102K)

Maiden has the most musical talent, Metallica has the best tunes, Megadeth barely deserves a seat at the Grown-Ups' Table.

You can only disagree with me if you can admit to yourself that you go out of your way to be a contrarian for attention.

Agree agreed. I honestly really enjoyed The Final Frontier and Book of Souls, even if they did have a couple duds.

youtube.com/watch?v=pML4byw-6kk
What a fuckin track

>Megadeth barely deserves a seat at the Grown-Ups' Table
Pretty accurate. Peace Sells and Rust in Peace were pretty great, but around 70% of their other albums are mediocre at best.

Megadeth is miles ahead of Metallica in almost every regard. Megadeth had better riffs, solos, song structures, drums, and bass post cliff. Metallica has better vocals and is more iconic.

>maiden has the most musical talent
Any of the guitarists from megadeths former line ups could play circles around maiden. Dave could. Any of their drummers and bassists could as well in fact

Now this is easy.

Powerslave, Master of Puppets, Rust in Peace.

This is the general consensus and objectively correct.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1000x1000, 138K)

What's each band's WORST album?

>Rust in Peace
>Ride the Lightning
>Seventh Son of a Seventh Son

>metallica
a lot of people will say st. anger, but i think that's too easy. you have to understand the context around it, with james going through rehab and whatnot. it's a raw and emotionally numb album with lots of rage, but not in a way conducive for making good music. it's like an endless curb stomp i guess. but that's ok. the band needed that album to get out. with that said, id probably have to go with load, mainly because there's so much filler on it. and it's not even like an offensively bad album, just lots of blandness.

>iron maiden
another easy cop-out is the blaze bayley stuff, but honestly they kind of sound like wolfsbane stuff, which isn't bad. i think dance of death is the one. i honestly could go with any albums post-brave new world. they're all lengthy shit.

>megadeth
i dont even know now. whatever the newest one is. each new album dave releases keeps taking its spot as their worst.

Iron maiden's first 2 albums>Megadeth's 1st,2nd and 4th>First two Metallica albums (they're only good because they have Mustaine's riffs)

Do you know how I can tell that you don't listen to metal?

Unforgiven is pretty good, but I would probably say MOP is in all honesty their best. Personally though, I’d say my favorite Metallica song is One.

Pretty spot on

Every metal band wishes they wrote the Burning of Sodom

>they're only good because they have Mustaine's riffs
It's like I'm back in 2008 reading YouTube comments on Metallica vs Megadeth.
People still fight over this

I could understand you putting Anthrax or Slayer but why fucking Iron Maiden? Not even comparable to Metallica or Megadeth.

>metallica
call of ktulu
>megadeth
good mourning/black friday
>iron maiden
charlotte the harlot

Maiden > Early Metallica > Megadeth > Metallica after the Black Album

youtube.com/watch?v=v6kb5fvv6_A

No contest.

Because i've never in my life listened to anthrax or slayer

The thread is putting the two bands against eachother and Dave writing the riffs is evidence megadeth is better

Are you 12?

>and bassists
The only member of either that could hold a candle to Steve Harris was Cliff Burton.

But here's your (You) anyway.

>Anthrax
Ah yes, the other one of "the Big Four" that doesn't belong there.
I guess since OP included Megadeth, it's fair to ask for them too.

Are you implying Megadeth doesn't belong there? All their albums up to Countdown are pretty much thrash classics. Rust in Peace is the best thrash album ever made. Kill 'Em All is essentially a Megadeth album, Dave wrote just about every song.

No i just don't listen to much metal

youtube.com/watch?v=7dr-xcyLqC8

GIVE ME ALCHEMY
GIVE ME WIZARDRY
GIVE ME SORCERY
THERMATOLOGY, ELECTRICITY
MAGIC IF YOU PLEASE
MASTER ALL OF THESE

Your big comparison is the radio-friendly band that came out of thrash, the band that first band's guitarist formed, and then Iron Maiden, the biggest NWOBHM band.

This is such a bizarre trio of bands that I have to assume you're a 15 year old who doesn't know shit about music. It's just lopsided - it might make more sense if you had Metallica vs. Iron Maiden vs. Black Sabbath, or Megadeth vs. Metallica vs. Slayer, but this combination is fucking stupid.

the only reason this is true is because Iron Maiden fans are on average
>older than 30
>barely listen to anything other than 'classic metal'
>literally wouldn't know about song structure if it started pissing on their doorstep
Iron Maiden fans are the kind of memelords who enjoy the 7 minute "songs" that band craps out
Metallica has been overthinking every single release since the Black Album which has severely limited their creativity. The albums are shit, but they still can write proper songs. They just often choose not to (see: 8 minute songs on post-rehab albums that go fucking nowhere)
Megadeth has suffered from imitating Metallica for too long. From the first trough fifth album, you can tell Dave was just trying to one-up Metallica. Youthanasia was a decent enough album, but after that no album has been good, though they too have had a fair share of good songs.

All 3 bands suffer immensely from being surrounded by yes-men. Metallica and Iron Maiden need producers who tell them to cut the bullshit and put 9 songs on an album that either justify being long, or are around 4 minutes. Megadeth sorely need a lead guitarist and drummer who know shit about songwriting and are actually allowed to help Dave.

>good mourning/black friday
fantastic taste

megadeth are gay/shit
metallica have 2 good albums
iron maiden have a couple good albums

iron maiden > metallica > megadeth

Kill Em All > Iron Maiden > Metallica > Megadeth

>MegaDave
7-way tie between everything after Youthanasia.
>Tallica
I know it's the obvious choice, but St. Anger really is just shit-terrible. I know some people like it because it's "raw" or whatever, but there's been lots of albums that are "raw" while still containing good melodies and/or interesting instrumentals and/or competent production and/or not-cringeworthy lyrics and/or LITERALLY ANY REDEEMING QUALITIES.
>Maiden
No Prayer for the Dying, because there's no excuse for it. With the Blaze albums you could say "oh, well, they have a new singer, they're trying out a different style". With their new stuff you can say "oh, well, they've been at it for a while. they were bound to run out of steam eventually". But that shit? No excuse.

Sodom is the best 80s thrash band.

Tank is the best NWOBHM band (note that Venom and Motörhead are NOT NWOBHM bands)

Megadeth is great but sometimes they try too hard (Mechanix for example)
Metallica is essential but boring after listening to them for a while + discovering other bands
Iron Maiden (post-Di'Anno) is far too reliant on chorus repeats and pales in comparison to Judas Priest

Megadeth>Di'Anno>Metallica>Dickinson

If you think about it for a long enough time it becomes obvious that Megadeth is objectively superior to Metallica.

>if you think about it for a long enough time

Attached: skeleton-chair-sitting-white-against-white-wall-80158841.jpg (600x900, 62K)

i m m o r t a l i z e d

>inb4 "hurr durr phoneposting"

Attached: Screenshot_2018-03-23-16-30-29-1.png (1440x1216, 239K)

>Killing Is My Business is literally Kill Em All on steroids
>Peace Sells is literally Ride the Lightning but even angstier and more complex guitar-wise
>Master of Puppets is about using drugs to influence people, SFSGSW was made on drugs
>Rust in Peace is literally a more complex and faster ...And Justice for All
>Countdown to Extinction is literally an even more personal/socially conscious Black Album
>Youthanasia is infinitely better as a slower/more melodic metal album than Load/ReLoad
really made me think

Attached: 1449881922352.png (690x460, 218K)

Megadeth is THRAS

It's funny because all of that's true and Megadeth is still worse solely because it's fronted by a squawking libertarian transsexual who never learned how to sing worth a shit.

Attached: davetr01.jpg (250x203, 14K)

>squawking libertarian transsexual
lal'd

Attached: 1517615321208.jpg (1400x903, 228K)

Kill Em All > Rust in Peace > Powerslave

Megadeth is a full tier below 80s Metallica and Iron Maiden, except for Rust In Peace. Metallica after the Black album is either iredeemable crap or just mediocre. Iron Maiden's discog has peaks and valleys, but they never did anything that's outright bad.

>calls others 13 YOs
>wears music T-shirts

The real debate

Attached: tumblr_moxg75yb331qd1pyio1_500.jpg (500x677, 55K)

cool tshirts doesnt imply i wear said t shirts. It was a condesending remark retard. You need to work on your reading comprehension and faggy musical taste while your at it.

Tankard at the bottom.
Kreator's first 5 is one of the greatest streaks of all metal, then they fell off hard. Sodom and Destruction are comparable, I'd put Sodom on top but not by much.

/thread

Nah, you're just the type of contrarian edgelord that would.

I'm going to say Metallica>Maiden>Megadeth

Megadeth only has one album that I really like and consider great, which is of course Rust In Peace. Aside from that they have a few individual songs spread across many albums, not a consistently high quality band imo.

Both Maiden and Metallica have about an equal amount of albums that I love by both, but I gotta give it to Metallica, their ballads are WAY fucking better and there's a ton of variety on their best albums, Ride The Lightning in particular.
The ballad is almost guaranteed to be the worst part of any given Maiden album, Children of the Damned especially is by far the worst track on Number of the Beast. Meanwhile Metallica's ballads from Fade To Black to One to The Unforgiven are far superior.
Also as much as I love Number of the Beast, Ride The Lightning is my favorite metal album of the 80's.