Does Sup Forums like butt-industrial?

Does Sup Forums like butt-industrial?

Attached: The_Downward_Spiral.png (220x220, 109K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8PU9OopSzN8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

grimes

Attached: 1485780639394-grimes.jpg (591x332, 19K)

I do ye

its pretty good yes

Nine Inch Nails are pretty much nu-metal with more texture and no rapping. Fucking awful band.

OP is a shit album.
I only like this one.
Banger after banger.

Attached: IMG_2765.jpg (384x384, 16K)

This has to be bait. Nobody is really this retarded.

they're just rammstein ripoffs

that album's solid but i prefer ghosts and the fragile

so they're pretty much not nu metal?

One of the best industrial albums I've ever heard.

That's because you're a philistine

that's not industrial user, it's industrial rock

No, it's because he's not a tool. JG Thirlwell, Monte Cazazza, the members of Coil, Blixa Bargeld, and other "legit" industrial people have all praised Reznor.

This album is what Nine Inch Nails fans think they're listening to while they're listening to Nine Inch Nails.
In reality they're listening to Rob Zombie.

Attached: R-1648955-1457043339-9013.jpeg.jpg (600x600, 102K)

Few albums better summarize the spirit of the 1990s than The Downward Spiral (1994). Each song is both a battlefield for the highest possible density of truculent sound effects and a largely-autobiographical ode-psychodrama. The thundering polyrhytms, the chaotic and cacophonous orgies, the grotesque "danse macabres", the chamber blues pieces, the harsh counterpoints, the mournful melodies were carefully assembled to deliver the sense of a man without a past or a present or a future, a man who was a pure abstraction in search of meaning, pure form in search of content.
8.5/10

Based. Shitty Puppy and Godflesh btfo

Attached: 1520050329490.jpg (540x540, 141K)

Serious question, user. Why are you still posting this? We get it, you have uber underground and obscure taste in music and you don't have to like NIN, but why? What do you get of those shitposts? Legit curious.

Can we start calling Curve buttgaze too?

This is the same guy who rates Korn, Limp Bizkit and Slipknot highly btw

Curve were actually good, no

she certainly is grimey, her pussy prolly looks like a roast beef sammich

nine inch nails = bad music for 14 year olds

oh cry me a river you melodramatic fuck. fuck off back to plebbit if you can't handle your fawwovite band being shat on

It's always the same shitposter.
The Downward Spiral is an excellent album, but by no means NIN's best, definetelly overrated NIN record, but that is just because everything else showcase how far Trent has come as an artist.

And you think Shitty Puppy which is some faggot using a LARPer hobgoblin voice over third rate synthpop and singing about putting white racist conservative jocks in mince machines because they bullied his soyboy nerd ass is better
L M A O

It's literally always the same phrases, I just find the dedication amusing.

Seriously though, Skinny Puppy vocals are absolutely unbearable

The album makes so much sense now.

Attached: C41F58EEA6F741CD82E76B7854ECD5DC.jpg (750x481, 56K)

As a NIN fan, you gotta get through those vocals, once you get used to them Skinny Puppy's vocals are really not that bad, they have amazing music underneath.

>grown ass "men" listening to this edgy shit
how EMBARRASSING

It's good music.

Do you also listen to fucking Slipknot?

Not comparable, especially musically, but nice try shitposter. If you even try to compare them it just shows how lack of understanding you have for either of those two bands.

yes
*chugging riff for 45 minutes*

I haven't listened to them that much, so maybe you're right. But that voice and those synth sounds from their demo tape that sound like a fucking SNES game seriously put me off

how are their lyrics any different? lol says a lot you had to go straight to the backing music

One is mediocre "industrial" rock circlejerked by school shooters and clueless hipsters.
The other is mediocre nu-metal circlejerked by school shooters and normies.
They are pretty comparable if you ask me.

>One is mediocre "industrial" rock circlejerked by school shooters and clueless hipsters.
See

>B-but the lyrics!
And even then, the lyrics are dealt with differently.
>Mediocre
That's where you're wrong. It's still entirely retarded comparison, they're in a different genre entirely.

take your meds

Daily reminder the only act listened to by school shooters from the Columbine kids to el goblino is KMFDM, who all elitist rivetheads who hate NIN suck the dick of

Attached: bieber1.jpg (173x290, 7K)

>adding b-but means i successfully won the argument!

>mfw they keep blasting you over music their parents conceived them to, meanwhile all their favorite musicians have at one point or another ripped you off/sucked your dick and as for them, they're just too scared to release music out into the world and for it to be judged. So they sit at home behind their computers calling you male Grimes, even though Grimes is showing personal bravery by putting out music. But it's okay at least the Sup Forums echo chamber will validate their facebook-tiered opinions and just how grown up they are and that talking about your feelings is shitty and on and on while they cry themselves to sleep with dreams of making it big, if only they got their chance, but they won't get their chance because chickenshits don't take chances.
Yes, all of you seem to be asleep.

Attached: 28NINE1-master1050.jpg (1050x700, 166K)

You are comparing two bands that have nothing to do with each other. What the fuck do you want me to say.

both have edgy af sophomoric lyrics. there's no "dealing things differently" here

STOP THIS SHIT ALREADY

Again, you're being an idiot who only refers to those lyrics. That argument alone is retarded, NIN is known for making very layered music, simply looking at NIN's lyrics is stupid, that is stupid for any fucking band in existence.
Any NIN fan will admit to you that NIN's lyrics are not the strongest point of the band, they improve as the discography goes on, but they still fullfill their purpose they are made for, to be raw and showcase of state of mind of the artist.
But I will still make an argument that the lyrical style NIN and Slipknot provide is not comparable.
Simply spewing buzz-words like "Edgy" like a retard is not going to prove anything, only your lack of understanding of these two bands.

The Fragile > Year Zero > The Slip > Not The Actual Events > Add Violence > The Donward Spiral > Hesitation Marks > Pretty Hate Machine > Ghosts > With_Teeth

Korn, Limp Bizkit and Slipknot are better than Radiohead, Frank Ocean and Beatles.

Scaruffi is a savage.

Attached: simpsons 1.png (2352x1572, 3.11M)

ON HANDS AND KNEES

Attached: year_zero_wallpaper___the_presence____nin__by_darkgabriel1701g-d8iju17.png (1024x768, 1.52M)

or buttdustrial as some of us call it.

you got SWASTIKA EYES!

Great album, reminds me of a time when big beat and electro-rock was all the rage.

No Still?

you are a fucking butt-op

mmmmm....

cry more retard. even his backing instrumentals are not good. hahaha the moron had to move goalposts at least. idiot.

Shit, I forgot about that, I also forgot about Broken.
Put Still below Year Zero
Broken under The Slip.

Attached: e2e.jpg (780x770, 196K)

I'm not crying, I am just pointing out how retarded you are being, you are literally not arguing here. You are just being stupid.
>His backing insturmentals are not good
They are.

>I am a big man, yes I am

Attached: 1505575725507.jpg (656x552, 40K)

That's because Scaruffi rates albums comparing them the their genres or aesthetic they try to create. Korn and Slipknot are good in their respective genre while Radiohead is pretty bad in it's genre.

Scaruffi is also a faggot.

>The Slip
>2009

what are you implying.

meant for

That's because Scaruffi rates albums comparing them their genres or aesthetic they try to create. Korn and Slipknot are good in their respective genre while Radiohead is pretty bad in it's genre.

Double the post double the truth

Pedo faggot

>people still believe that Scaruffi is a pedo
American reading comprehension will never fail to stun me

Of course they actually don't, it's just a meme.

Don't underestimate Americans

oh snap. Thanks I'll fix.

But Curve were actually fantastic.
If every moronic 15-year old who attempted to buy a copy of The Downward Spiral in 1994 was given copies of Pubic Fruit and Cuckoo instead the world would be a much better place.

Not an argument and shut the fuck up already you fucking idiot. Also both Curve and NIN > anything you listen to, you fucking soyboy piece of shit.

>rammstein was formed in 1994
>TDS was released in 1994
ok

The Downward Spiral strikes just the right balance between obviousness and abstraction to serve as a major magnet for a wide variety of pseuds and intellectual underlings of all ages.
It's obvious enough for any emotionally stunted loser who still hasn't gotten over Nietzsche to latch onto it as a vehicle for his own vapid catharsis while being just abstract enough to become unpalatable for normal people who listen to Top 40 radio, thus encouraging a massively inflated sense of worth(of the record) and self-worth(of said pseuds because they "get it" and oh, the sheep just do not and can not and never will understand the genius of Trent Reznor's offensively banal "concepts") in the aforementioned pseuds.
The end result is an album which engenders intellectual laziness like not many other high-profile pop era records of its era, which is almost a sort of an achievement. At least with Oasis you knew what you were getting, there was no way to even attempt to intellectualize a song like Champagne Supernova(which doesn't mean it's entirely bereft of merit).

TDS is an "art rock" record which takes no musical/cultural knowledge whatsoever beyond the most basic bitch pop culture landmarks to properly digest and it offers next to no further encouragement for people to get into proper culture on their own, the end result being that they remain stuck in mid-to-late teen mindsets and tastes for the rest of their lives. They're still happy arguing about Nirvana(who did actively encourage people to look for real shit and deserve credit for that) and analyzing Marilyn Manson lyrics on Reddit well into their 30s, which is fucking pathetic any way you cut it. Their idea of apex culture are The Dark Knight and Fight Club.

This isn't a pasta btw, I just typed all this out for the first time. More incoming.

Attached: R-10352259-1496292547-3114.jpeg.jpg (599x593, 117K)

Of course these people could listen to Godflesh, but Godflesh are best enjoyed when you understand the cultural and geographic environment from which that band arose, when you understand the goings-on in underground music(including everything from extreme metal to techno to more left-field ambient forms to post-industrial electronics) of the time, as much in the 90s as today.
Or they could listen to Coil or Laibach or Neubauten, but those artists absolutely cannot be engaged with on any meaningful level without at least some familiarity with various artistic and countercultural(and in Laibach's case also political) movements to arise throughout the 20th century. There's a wealth of content and substance with those artists beyond the surface level, whereas Nine Inch Nails IS the surface level and nothing more.
With Nine Inch Nails there's no obstacles of that sort and no reason to put in any true effort, it's music obvious and banal enough for a 14-year old boy to comprehend it almost immediately.
There's a reason why Linkin Park covered Wish and Fred Durst regards Reznor as one of his personal heroes, and both Durst and Reznor are master producers of the musical equivalent of McDonald's.

Every single thing said above also applies entirely to Tool and, to a lesser degree, Radiohead as well. That said I would much, much rather have 15-year old kids discovering "real music" via formative experiences provided for them by OK Computer and Amnesiac than The Downward Spiral or, even worse, The Fragile.

Attached: R-161521-1169816051.jpeg.jpg (600x598, 106K)

nice copypasta

The high elf liked KMFDM as well? top kek.

Good posts, and I mean it unironically.

Nah, I said some of that shit before but most of it has been typed out for the first time right now. It just ended up being a bit longer than I reckoned it would be.

Attached: R-167775-1338676428-7747.jpeg.jpg (594x582, 170K)

Cheers, user.

Attached: R-148262-1190917107.jpeg.jpg (600x594, 77K)

The best fucking band. Bobby G. is almost as much of a smug poser as Reznor, but the man can put together a serious band/tune.

youtube.com/watch?v=8PU9OopSzN8

>started off making industrial, dark ambient and power electronics and putting the material out on self-released tapes
>recorded numerous highly coveted cassettes, including releases put out on labels operated by The Grey Wolves and Tim Gane of later Stereolab fame
>joined Napalm Death and played lead guitar on the superior side of one of the most influential and visionary records in extreme rock music history
>quit Napalm Death and moved to drums in Head Of David, cutting a record with Steve Albini
>recorded several sessions for John Peel with both Napalm and HOD
>quit both Napalm and Head Of David on amiable terms with the other members(a sign of quality character) and later went on to go on joint tours with Napalm in the 90s while still regularly praising Head Of David in interviews(whereas Trent Reznor still has a high-school girl's appetite for petty melodrama and personal fallouts with people)
>only then focused on Godflesh, the band that would become his signature project and a massively influential and highly respected band in its own right that would go on to influence several generations of musicians and earn the respect of everyone from Glenn Danzig to Kevin Martin to Dominick Fernow
>all this before he even turned 20

and you're telling me that I'm supposed to take Trent Reznor as seriously if not even more seriously than this man?
Are you fucking joking?

Attached: 2036_artist.jpg (500x640, 41K)

Who?

literal who

>earn the respect of everyone from Glenn Danzig to Kevin Martin to Dominick Fernow

And Kurt Cobain and Jarboe and Alec Empire and Skullflower and John Zorn and Bill Laswell and Oxbow and all the big Birmingham hard techno guys and so on and so on...

Attached: il_570xN.246624848.jpg (570x427, 66K)

yikes, embarrassing

(You)

Attached: 1512375412068.gif (500x685, 952K)

LIKE RATS

Cybergoth Kid Rock.

Fuck you.

Attached: okay.gif (320x180, 1.63M)

I like this. I found this when I was going through my closet.

Attached: pippies.jpg (600x600, 51K)

Now check out the entire albums where those singles come from.

no industrial elitists on Sup Forums are "rivetheads", and kmfdm is generic garbage for most part of their discog

you're thinking obese middle aged ebm fans on facebook

people here who hate nin tend to like industrial music who remained more experimental and noisy

in short, newfag or retarded

haha I did! I feel like its a hit or miss with the band. I havent checked out their later albums hmmm...after the process. I havent even listened to the process all the way through.

?????????????????>?????????
Ughh? How do you think this?

Yes, I also like 50 year old adolescents still trying to be edgy

>Add Violins