youtube.com/watch?v=R7MbmalBu4Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

it's so hilarious how serious liberals are taking this

I love squids

>China deploys MIRVs to borders

Yeah those damn educated "liberals".

youtube.com/watch?v=9qbRHY1l0vc

30 seconds to go.

nations flex their military power all the time as shit tests for other nations.

Sad!

The """""scientists"""" that determine the Doomsday clock's position are master trolls.

So America should bend over for China because otherwise China will choose to end the world?

It should really be illegal for the media to stretch the truth this far

I'm a liberal and I agree.

I guess the conservatives had their chimp out with the Tea Party and all. This'll lose steam eventually.

Also I think oddly enough Trump will be a drive for more bipartisanship as both sides will see just where hyper-partisanship will get you. I actually fully believe that Donald Trump will be removed from his office by his own party, either through political grandstanding or something more subtle like not running him for reelection.

and north korea has been fucking about for like a decade now
attacks soon amiright

a war with anyone is in chinas worst interest in absolutely every regard

>two minutes to midnight
>6 minute song

Don't these cheeky cunts move us one step closer to oblivion every 5 years or so?

Never once has that clock moved backwards. Apparently we're all more at risk now than during the entire fucking Cold War. Yeah, right.

>it people who know nothing about the criteria for the doomsday clock being retarded political hacks

Nice alternative facts.

is there no end to the amount of cuck butthurt our glorious emperor can cause?

what a time to be alive

I move it two minutes closer to midnight when I eat mexican food.

>Never once has that clock moved backwards.

Yes it has. It's also fucking retarded though.

Moving the Doomsday clock hand is more political than actual.

>Drumpf is so dumb. He doesn't believe in Scienceā„¢
>I'm afraid because a fictitious clock tells me to be

>nuclear energy is bad
>US shouldn't go 80% nuclear

I hope you guys don't believe this too. You can't claim to support science and not support going nuclear as we should have in the 60s and 70s

Yeah, it's not like tensions between the United States and Russia aren't the highest they've been in over thirty years and both states are being headed by cavalier strongmen who have expressed no qualms in using nuclear weapons.

haha

What does North Korea have to do with a global superpower like China?

Not since the cold war, which is exactly the point of this doomsday clock.

Youre too young to remember, but the world had nukes aimed at each other for over 30 years.

>Trump is dangerous because he's a Russian sympathizer
>Trump is dangerous because he's standing up to Russia
which one is it, fag?

Or we could just continue developing solar, wind, and hydroelectric to provide a diverse and safe energy portfolio

Please show me where I expressed either of these sentiments.

That really just demonstrates the absurdity of what they are setting it at now.

North Korea nearly has ICBMs. Take your head out of your ass.

I like how for the first time in history they're moving it in seconds instead of minutes so that they can continue to advance it constantly every time Donald Trump does anything.

I presume it will be 1 second to midnight on election day 2020, so they can run a "THIS IS YOUR LAST CHANCE TO SAVE THE WORLD" campaign?

>Cuban Missile Crisis happens
>Doomsday clock moves into double digits a few months later

>North Korea might be close to developing a missile
>TWO AND A HALF MINUTES OMFG DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMSDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

>muh imaginary clock
This is retarded.

hopefully. i want to see mankind die out.

Sneaky fucking russians.

Are you serious? If North Korea uses a nuke in an offensive action then China, Russia, and the USA are gonna annihilate it no questions asked. North Korea is hardly a global threat even if they have ICBMs.

>US boycotts Olympics in Moscow
>Regan breaks off arms reduction talks with USSR and says we have to "win" the Cold War
>-2 minutes

>lack of political action to address climate change and problem of nuclear waste
>-2 minutes

Every thing's fine.

Immediately after the Cuban Missile Crisis happened, both the US and USSR pulled back on nuclear weapon deployments and established emergency communication with each other. Moving the clock back was appropriate.

>If North Korea uses a nuke in an offensive action then China, Russia, and the USA
No they won't. Just like they didn't when NK killed a bunch of SK soldiers. NK can basically nuke DC and get away with it. Russia literally got away with stealing land in 2017, so US won't do anything. US is a bunch of pussies and china and russia simply won't care, it's all the better for them if the US is wiped off the map, the world will be a better place with out america anyway.

As far as I can tell Lawrence Krauss is the chief decider on what the clock does, and he's a hilarious caricature.

In the last few years he's argued that all scientists must function as "militant atheist advocates" - during a speaking tour with Richard Dawkins, of course. He weighed in on the abortion wiretap scandal with a statement that Planned Parenthood should be allowed to sell fetal tissue to researchers whenever they see fit. He of course pointed out that gay marriage should be legal because it's 100% scientifically accurate.

newyorker.com/news/news-desk/all-scientists-should-be-militant-atheists

And best of all that his faculty donor Jeffrey Epstein did literally nothing wrong when he took a 14 year old girl to his private island to fuck her.

youtube.com/watch?v=R7MbmalBu4Y

>Donald Trump won the election

umm, no sweetie. Hillary WON the popular vote by 3 million votes. So, as a democratic nation, we should respect the results that Drumpfy lost

>hillary won the election by 3 million votes
>stumpf only won because of russian hacking and fake news
>dumpf is the most unpopular president of all time
>hillary is running again in 2020

SAY IT WITH ME Sup Forums,

MADAME PRESIDENT!

>. I actually fully believe that Donald Trump will be removed from his office by his own party
lol

>two and a half
>and a half
>half
its like your fucking parents saying ok i'm counting to three you better start behaving and then when they get to two they start giving all the inbetween numbers because they are too lazy to hit or punish you properly
as if it wasn't fucking gay and retarded enough they had to make it two and a half. wow fuck off guys. "scientists" so subjectively altering a clock based on your own opinion and applying a random number to it is science now wtf

Are you just ignoring the "double digits" part?

How is this completely arbitrary bullshit any more valid than something like the Mayan calendar or fundies saying Christ is about to come back?

>a Jewish Canadian Atheist Abortionist Environementalist Gay Rights Advocate hates Trump
This is the most shocking thing I've ever heard.

China is the only nation North Korea has sound diplomatic relations with, so any attack on NK you'll have China to answer to.

It's like a little retard kid and their stacked, 7 foot tall carer. If the retard fucks with you because they're retarded you can't do shit back because the carer can destroy you in a second.

Why does that matter?

It also means it's China's responsibility to stop North Korea from lobbing a fucking nuke at somebody

And shooting 10 guys in a boat in disputed waters 6 miles off your coast is at least a little different from vaporizing millions in a city 4,000 miles away

>you'll have China to answer to

China has a shit military.

No it isn't. It's in the best interest of china to destroy america and having a rogue nation in your pocket is useful.

this is just like the Tea Party except the Tea Party never assaulted people, rioted, blocked highways, smashed windows, etc

>it's in their best interest to destroy their number one export partner and also completely obliterate the surface of the earth when US fortified siloes and submarine launch platforms return fire

Climate change is exacerbating tensions over land development between Middle Eastern and Southeast Asian nations. Chinese adventurism in the South China Sea, conflict for farmland between Pakistan and India, Iranian expansionism, etc.

>it's a Sup Forums thinks they know the political atmosphere of the world and that China would ever let NK launch an attack episode

Wew lad

>arms race between Russia and US

Can't these retards settle on a story? Is Trump a Russian sleeper agent or is he going to go to war with them?

NK lobs a nuke
US retaliates on NK
China retaliates on US
no more world

that's why I prefaced it by saying NK is a little retard, they are a rogue impulsive power-hungry nation, there is no way China can entirely prevent them from acting out

oh shit damn you're right standing military is SO important during a nuclear war, very good input proud american

You don't understand. Everything that happens is his fault, much like how carbon emissions are causing heat waves and blizzards, droughts and hurricanes.

Are you okay, do you need help

Where on the doll did America touch you

It's almost like politics isn't a hive mind and people have different opinions

>US fortified siloes and submarine launch platforms return fire
Don't be so sure. If russia could rig US elections, nothing's stopping china from activating its moles in all parts of the us government including the military which will sabotage the ability to retaliate.

They aren't risking Armageddon because of the Norks, be real

>oh shit damn you're right standing military is SO important during a nuclear war, very good input proud american
They have no Navy. All we'd need to do is set up a blockade on their trade routes and their economy would collapse.

You also seem to have no concept of missile defense systems.

But that's my point, Trump has shown NOTHING but good will to Russia, why would he start up Cold war II?

Yeah, just like Cuba and Turkey

All bets are off when a nuke gets launched, odds are the first time an armed ICBM crosses a border everybody panics and launches everything and that's it.

That's why nobody launches a fucking ICBM, and the only question is if North Korea are fucktarded enough to be the first.

>Trump has shown NOTHING but good will to Russia, why would he start up Cold war II?

Maybe it was his plan all along, the man's mind is filled with masterplans

Trump was put in place by Russia. Russia and China want to destroy America.

Uh, you do know the UK launched one at the USA just for bants and nobody did anything?

Thanks for confirming you're a retard.

Soviets had nukes in Cuba, as did Americans in Turkey. China does not have nukes in Norkea

He's advocated renovating and rebuilding America's nuclear arms stockpile and expanding the military. If you think that won't provoke a response from Putin, you're delusional.

I bet you actually believe this.

>Also I think oddly enough Trump will be a drive for more bipartisanship as both sides will see just where hyper-partisanship will get you.
youre pretty fucking dumb if you believe this

there is absolutely nothing about trump or his m,ovement that says bipartisanship. also he is emotionally and mentally unstable. he goes on long winded tirades whenever he gets his feelings hurt. he can't stop tweeting at 3am whenever his ego is bruised. he's literally the president, one the presidency and still can't let things go that deal solely with his ego. he possesses the nuclear codes. also, he may or may not be suffering from clinical dementia.

So to destroy America they'll have their sleeper agent start up an arms race with them? Really makes you think

It's actually true.

>>>/huffpaint/

>Uh, you do know the UK launched one at the USA just for bants and nobody did anything?
it was a test and also a dummy missile that wasn't armed with any explosives.

If Trump leaves NATO and becomes a serious ally he can upgrade the military as much as he likes

>provoke a response
Russia is rebuilding nuclear arms and expanding their military right now, how the fuck do you "respond" in advance?

In particular "rebuilding nuclear arms" is actually important because when the same fucking missile has been sitting around for 50 years there's no real guarantee it'll work anymore.

that's because UK and USA are good bantz lads

Not really, by thawing relations, he'll essentially surrender america's role as a world leader by reducing america to a local power and when it's weak, they'll just annex parts of it or nuke it all together for shits and giggles.

Because the number of minutes until midnight is the entire point of the clock dipshit. The middle of the Cold War right after the Cuban Missile Crisis the clock got set to fucking 12, but Trump getting elected puts it at 2.5? Come on, man.

>I bet you actually believe this.
its true user.

you gotta be stupid as dogshit to think dismantling the EU, and nato benefits the USA. It benefits russia. trump wants to do exactly both of those things. his ambassador to EU has said he worked on dismantling the USSR and has same plans for EU.

also, pulling out of the TPP, without at least first using it as leverage against china, is pretty much gifting china the ENTIRE asian continent. trump has fucked USA in more ways than one and it's only the first week.

>Russia is rebuilding nuclear arms and expanding their military right now

user, do you know what an arms race is?

>initial setting was 7 minutes to midnight
Hah, this thing is a total farce.

One where you can't start acting unilaterally and then claim you're just retaliating against someone else. Russia has been undergoing nuclear arsenal modernization for a while now, how can they do that and then claim to forbid anyone else from doing the same?