Group A for customers

Group A for customers
The rest for comfy

yes?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Nations_League
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_League
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nations_Cup_(football)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018–19_UEFA_Nations_League_D
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018–19_UEFA_Nations_League#League_A
uefa.com/uefanationsleague/news/newsid=2507364.html?rss=2507364 Confirmed: How the UEFA Nations League will line up#/
youtube.com/watch?v=slqy1rjQJaY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I hope I'm not the only one on Sup Forums who's hyped for this. It's a shame we missed A-league though.

What’s this?

UEFA Nations League, starts next year. Draw is in January

>France
>Northern Ireland
>Greece
>Faroe Islands

too bad it doesn't work like that

>mfw Germany, England, Iceland

New tournament that replaces friendlies and gives spots in the euro and world cup

I'd enjoy it if they get rid of qualifiers and replaced it with this entirely somehow. As it stands it's just a league ranking friendly results. Nobody will give a shit about it. I'll give it 4 years and they'll get rid of it, into the annuls of retarded football competitions history, next to the intertoto cup

Damn Iceland ranked 10, look at them go.

>comfy league d

Nations League, UEFA's way to get rid of friendlies and give smaller teams a better chance to improve.
It will feature four levels with promotions and relegations, and each level will grant additional qualification spots for the European Championship

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Nations_League

>russia
>sweden
>denmark

The winners from league A go directly to Euros I think

even intertotocup made more sense than this clusterfuck

>I enjoy watching Germany rape San Marino part timers

>Wales
>Ireland rep
>Northern Ireland

>england gets relegated to League B

ez pz

League D will be class

I will unironically watch league D

Well, that's where the real fun will be.
Imagine: San Marino fighting for something different than last place. It's going to be glorious.

So they play 10 friendlies whilst everyone is doing Euro qualifying? That's even worse. And they'll drop to about 40th in the fifa rankings. Unlucky Germany.

Pretty sure with the latest results Faroes surpass Belaruse and Georgia, so a Faroes - Luxembourg - Liechtenstein and Gibraltar group is possible

>UEFA Nations League, starts next year.

You see this, burgers? That means all year of real Football threads.

League D is for true patricians.

Are you really that stupid?

No, each level will have Euro qualifying spots. It's going to be a full fledged competition with promotions and relegations not based on ranking points.

>I enjoy watching part timer classics like liechtenstein vs. gibraltar and kosovo vs. andorra.

kys

Each Nations League division will be allocated one of the four remaining UEFA Euro 2020 places. Four teams from each division which have not already qualified for the European Championship finals will compete in the play-offs for each division, to be played in March 2020. The play-off berths will be first allocated to the group winners, and if any of the group winners have already qualified for the European Championship finals, then to the next best ranked team of the division, etc. If in any division, there are fewer than four teams which have not already qualified for the European Championship finals, the play-off berths will be allocated to the next best ranked team of the following division, etc.

The play-offs will consist of two "one-off" semi-finals (best-ranked team vs. fourth best-ranked team and second best-ranked team vs. third best-ranked team, played at home of higher-ranked teams) and one "one-off" final between the two semi-final winners (venue drawn in advance). The four division winners will join the 20 teams which have already qualified for the European Championship finals. This means at least one team from each Nations League division will qualify for the European Championship finals.

Really don't know what would be the outcome of San Marino-Gibraltar

>I don't

Is someone going to force you to watch them? Top matches like Germany - France will be played on the very same day.

Will this give world cup spots in 2022?

>people being extremely contrarian and praising league D as a patrician one
League C is where it's at you mongoloids.

Im very ignorant, but I dont see this leagues purpose.

Anything out side A and B is literal who absolutely fucking cares tier.

probably not, since that's under FIFA and this is under UEFA

I'm actually intrested which one of these part-time teams is the best.

I think the composition is already confirmed

Because those teams never get to play equally matched teams and now they will

There are nations from League C that made it to the World Cup

>he doesn't want to watch part time bankers play against part time butchers

YFW there are 11 teams in front of us who didn't even make it to the play offs. Are we sure these rankings will be used? I assume Turkey Czech Republic Romania and Hungary might be lower than us after 16 october.

How is that bad? Now we don't have to watch those garbage teams.

We will because normal qualifiers are still there

Its purpose is for smaller team to have even chances to get to the Euros, so that they can improve their skills instead of being mauled every single time by bigger teams.

Also, to get rid of the pointless friendlies.

Neat concacrap amd goatabol should combine fir 1 of dese

This IS the qualifiers.

No it's not.

So a team from league D gets to the Euros?

Glad it's only two games though.

No, Euro qualifiers are still going to take place separately. NL is just going to grant 4-8 spots more.

Seriously, you can't be that stupid.

Only Serbia for now and possibly Greece if they win their play offs bro.

Although Im pretty sure Greece is the only unseeded who know how to win a play-off.

>I'll give it 4 years and they'll get rid of it, into the annuls of retarded football competitions history, next to the intertoto cup
For me, it's Royal League
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_League

At least that lasted more than one year
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nations_Cup_(football)

How's that wrong champ?

Teams in League D can only get promoted to League C, nothing else.

>Each Nations League division will be allocated one of the four remaining UEFA Euro 2020 places

Sounds to me like League D gets a Euro place too

>Each Nations League division will be allocated one of the four remaining UEFA Euro 2020 places.

So how does this work? Who plays who?

It probably means the winners of Groups 1 to 4 in League A.

Why is Netherlands on A. They're shit

>The 2018–19 UEFA Nations League will be linked with UEFA Euro 2020 qualifying, providing teams another chance to qualify for UEFA Euro 2020. The main qualifying process will now begin in March 2019 instead of immediately in September 2018 following the 2018 FIFA World Cup, and will end in November 2019.
>The format will remain largely the same, although only 20 of the 24 spots for the finals tournament will be decided from the main qualifying process, leaving four spots still to be decided. The 55 teams will be drawn into 10 groups after the completion of the UEFA Nations League (five groups of five teams and five groups of six teams, with the four UEFA Nations League Finals participants guaranteed to be drawn into groups of five teams), with the top two teams in each group qualifying. The qualifiers will be played on double matchdays in March, June, September, October and November 2019.
>Each Nations League division will be allocated one of the four remaining UEFA Euro 2020 places. Four teams from each division which have not already qualified for the European Championship finals will compete in the play-offs for each division, to be played in March 2020. The play-off berths will be first allocated to the group winners, and if any of the group winners have already qualified for the European Championship finals, then to the next best ranked team of the division, etc. If in any division, there are fewer than four teams which have not already qualified for the European Championship finals, the play-off berths will be allocated to the next best ranked team of the following division, etc.

The teams below them are even worse.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018–19_UEFA_Nations_League_D
>In addition, League D will be allocated one of the four remaining UEFA Euro 2020 places. Four teams from League D which have not already qualified for the European Championship finals will compete in the play-offs for each division, to be played in March 2020.

You're wrong. Cut your losses and drop it. It's pathetic to act like this.

Jesus Christ that's retarded.

You only play teams in your league, one team from each pot in each division. Single round robin format

You won't be complaining when the Faroes are in your group at the Euros

>Scotland still manages to not qualify.

Wrong, you only play teams in your pot, based on this it's 6 games, home and awayStill don't know how league A benefits. All of those will qualify for the Euros anyway

>implying Holland will qualify

Where is the US??????

It's an additional official tourneament. There is going to be semifinals and a final with a winner. It's basically a Confederations Cup euro version.

>you only play teams in your pot
Why do the leagues have only 3 teams listed then?en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018–19_UEFA_Nations_League#League_A

>For the purposes of the European Championship qualifying group stage draw and the European qualifying play-offs, overall UEFA Nations League rankings are established as follows:[6]

>The 12 League A teams are ranked 1st to 12th according to their league rankings.
>The 12 League B teams are ranked 13th to 24th according to their league rankings.
>The 15 League C teams are ranked 25th to 39th according to their league rankings.
>The 16 League D teams are ranked 40th to 55th according to their league rankings.

So it seems that the results of this affects the seedings for the euro qualification

Pretty sure there's a draw to determine the groups within each league

uefa.com/uefanationsleague/news/newsid=2507364.html?rss=2507364 Confirmed: How the UEFA Nations League will line up#/
>Group stage draw*: 24 January 2018 – SwissTech Convention Centre, Lausanne

You're probably right, although I can't find any clarification. 6 matchdays is because leagues C and D have 4 pots then.

Tables, points and statistics is literally the best part of football

Good god, Sup Forums, if you're so confused by a bland 4-levels competition, I'd love too see you trying to grasp the way Sanmarinese Playoffs work.

Double elimination + byes. Ez.

LEAGUE A
Nemčija, Portugalska, Belgija, Španija, Francija, Anglija, Švica, Italija, Poljska, Islandija, Hrvaška, Nizozemska

>Teams are sorted in 4 groups of 3
>winners of groups play in playoff for the title of the Nations League
>last placed teams are relegated to League B
>The best 4 teams that haven't quilified for the Euros play in the playoff for Euros
>only one place is available.

LEAGUE B
Avstrija, Wales, Rusija, Slovaška, Švedska, Ukrajina, Irska, Bosna in Hercegovina, Severna Irska, Danska, Češka, Turčija

>winners of groups play are promoted to League A
>last placed teams are relegated to League C
>The best 4 teams that haven't quilified for the Euros play in the playoff for Euros

LEAGUE C
Madžarska, Romunija, Škotska, Slovenija, Grčija, Srbija, Albanija, Norveška, Črna gora, Izrael, Bolgarija, Finska, Ciper, Estonija, Litva

>winners of groups are promoted to League B
>last placed teams are relegated to League D

LEAGUE D
Azerbajdžan, Makedonija, Belorusija, Gruzija, Armenija, Latvija, Ferski otoki, Luksemburg, Kazahstan, Moldavija, Lihtenštajn, Malta, Andora, Kosovo, San Marino, Gibraltar

>winners of groups are promoted to League C

It's 4 groups of 4 for leagues C and D, except C will have 3 of 4 and 1 of 3

youtube.com/watch?v=slqy1rjQJaY

This explains the play offs. I really hate the idea of League D teams having any chance of getting into Euros.

> Russia vs Ukraine

OH MY

yes. I just copy/paste it

we can only beat Iceland, Poland and Switzerland in this format, just relegate us to B already

shouldn't the final have to be replayed? Libertas only lost once.

Russia and Ukraine and Armenia and Azerbaijan can't be drawn together

thank you

Still less confusing than the belgian 2nd division
>you can get promoted or qualify for europe
>you can't do both

>Faroe Islands will make the next Euros
Somewhere, a Greek man screams in fear.

>someone from Group D will make the euros
The whole group has a grand total of 1 appearance in the euros, how is that fair?

Half the entire confederation makes it to the Euros these days anyway. Having one meme team will hardly change things.

Albania could potentially draw Serbia....
that's mad

Why do you hate Diversity™?

>Estonia
>Finland
>Norway
>Scotland
oh yes

all you need to do to qualify for the euros nowadays is fill out a form. it's not going to make a difference

>be a top team
>just lose every Nations League game and get yourself relegated to C
>free pass to the Euros if you fail to qualify normally