I can't decide if I like McDonald's more or less now

I can't decide if I like McDonald's more or less now.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fat_Head
youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>I can't decide
The average film enthusiast.
Let the film maker think for you, since you aren't competent enough to pull that off.

Pretty sure that if I let the film maker think for me I would have come away with a clear idea of what I thought.

There's literally nothing wrong with McDonald's. It isn't even unhealthy for you as long as you realize you're eating a fucking hamburger so you moderate your consumption.

I like that McDonald's is a sleazy corporate business capable of significantly worsening low income people's health and getting away with it. It's very smart actually, cause you have to subject yourself to eating garbage day after day.

>UK release date: February 17th
REEEEEEEEEEE

McDonald's isn't worsening poor people's health, the poor people that eat McDonald's are.

>eat hamburgers every day
>get fat
DAMN YOU MCDONALDS

>stickinspokesfuckingmcdonalds.jpg

>DUDE EATING BURGERS AND FRIES THREE MEALS A DAY, EVERYDAY, MIGHT NOT BE GOOD FOR YOU
literally why was this a popular documentary?

>McDonald's can be the new American church
>and it ain't just open on Sundays, boys

What did he mean by this?

>eat 3 times the daily recommended caloric intake for a month
>gain weight
>feel shitty
McDonald's is literally poison

Starbucks is way better at this considering their coffee and food all have way more calories than what McDonald's serves.

also he stops exercising and limits the amount of walking he does during a day on top of that

Wasn't there a response documentary to this that basically showed he was full of shit?

Yes.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fat_Head

it's total garbage, insanely expensive, and actually has more intelligent people fooled. at least McDonald's is relatively cheap

>calories are bad
Getting energy is literally the main point of eating.
Macdonalds is bad for your health because it's full of unhealthy fats, artificial sweeteners and so on.

fuck off shill

lmao how did they even make money?

There's a lot of little girls who go to McDonalds, so of course it is a place to like.

t. embryo

god I wish I could get one of those old timey bigmacs. I found out that the big macs use patties which are equal to 1/10 of a pound of beef.

if they did a quarter pounder big mac it would sell like crazy

thanks obama

>No longer getting half a loaf worth of bread every time you eat at McDonald's

THIS IS BULLSHIT

Nothing wrong with mcdonalds, the issue is eating too much of it, same with everything else you can stuff in your mouth

sadly mcdonalds has not paid me anything to say this

>The McDonald brothers' original restaurant served only hot dogs, hamburgers, cheeseburgers, milkshakes, and the original pre-1960s type of French fries.

Why did they stop serving hot dogs?

probably wasn't as popular as everything else, they dropped it and just never picked it back up

hot dogs are fucking trash

You know what hot dogs are made of? They wouldn't pass a modern sanitary inspection probably.

youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs

literally
>there are no fat people in America

It sucks, it's hard to find a good hot dog anywhere these days unless you live somewhere that has a lot of carts. My local hot dog place used to be great, but they've been trash for almost a decade now. Pretty much the only time I eat one is at a ball game or when I grill them myself

t. communist

do you think hot dogs don't have sanitary inspections?

I've never seen a "hot dog" restaurant really. It's mostly street food, but from my experience it can be pretty great street food.

I don't see what you're talking about

>not ordering the all new Grand Macâ„¢

> It took me hours to film fat people out in public

maybe because they don't get out much

I ate a grand mac and I didnt eat anything else for 48 hours
for me, its the mcchicken

what is the point of this? I could see it if the burgers were thicker but it's just a wider regular big mac

Chicago is the hotdog city. They have a lot of great hotdog restaurant chains there.

O SAY CAN YOU SEE

>putting a tomato on your hot dog
midwesterners have the shittiest food on the planet

It's not even hamburgers that make you fat, it's the soda. McDonald's isn't killing us, CocaCola is

I've tried it. It's a bit thicker than your standard patty.

more big mac, but with the same taste proportions

Both are pretty unhealthy, but yeah, that large soda you order contains about the same amount of calories as the burger itself, if not more.

>he orders a diet soda with his big mac meal
>he thinks he's eating slightly less unhealthy because of it
>lmao what a dumbass, you might as well order the regular soda since you're eating bad anyway lol
>walmart goers actually follow this logic
>mfw

>falling for the big/grand mac jew
double cheeseburger is where it's at

All he drank was soda and milkshakes too increasing his sugar intake by a ton.

>low income people

McDonald's is expensive.

>mcdouble with mac sauce
literally best kept secret in fast food

>he thinks he's eating slightly less unhealthy because of it

well, in terms of getting fat, diet soda is pretty irrelevant.

Drinking less of good soda is better than more of shitty diet soda. That's what that phrase means, don't replace the habit with diet because you still have the same problem.

McDonalds is apparently worse in the USA because it's too greasy.

This is weird to hear because America has the best beef.

Reminder that another film maker recreated the experiment and barely gained weight. I think even with no exercise.

SSM failed to mention that he was taking in calories outside of McDonalds which baffles me that you have to lie to the audience in a movie about fast food not being healthy.

I think it's probably worse here because it's also way cheaper

Is it true mcdonalds isn't even that popular in the usa?

That cocksucker wanted to make a name for himself so he targeted a corporation and posed bias information. He eats McD 3X a day, doesn't exercise and gains weight?!? NO FUCKING SHIT!!! Even if you home cooked a burger with condiments and fries and drank a pop three times a day THE SAME THING WOULD HAPPEN!!! But it appealed to lazy stupid fat fuck Americans who wanted someone or something to blame for their own failures.

You do know this movie is about the guy who stole the idea of McDonalds from the McDonalds brothers, right?

no, they're literally everywhere and the ones around me are always more crowded than Wendy's or BK

Only boomers still eat there, because they've been addicted for 40 years. Everyone else realized it tastes like shit, and there's a hundred million different restaurants to pick from here

he bought the chain from them

Do you even know the full story? The man was a legit prick and took them over through real estate.

Stopped buying McD's and pretty much every other fast food joint after I got into Shawarma. That shit is like fucking cocaine to me!!!

pretty sure he wanted to expand and they didn't so he bought them out

Yeah. You can eat McDonalds in moderation and not have any issues but Spurlock not only suddenly and dramatically altered his diet (going from a varied and healthy diet to solely McDonalds literally overnight with no concern over the amount of calories he was eating) he also stopped being physically active.

The very first time he gets sick is the second day of his diet and it's because he gets a super sized meal in addition to 2 regular meals and he is not accustomed to eating that much food. He would have gotten sick if he'd eaten a similar volume of healthy, home cooked stuff. In the end the volume of food is what harms him the most as he winds up eating more McDonalds in one month than most people will eat in a decade, even if you eat there regularly.

>that token black chick at the ideal McDonalds in the 50s

But the problem is people obviously don't eat in moderation and don't exercise.

The movie is far from perfect and has its flaws, but it's not supposed to be a research papers.

I knew something was up when he ate the largest portion he could buy. I never eat at Mickey D's anymore. I puked after having some of their nuggets as a kid.

>puked in the car but used the bag they gave us
>the fucking bag broke and it all fell out the bottom

The man just had drive and did what he needed to do. What he was destined to do.

That aside the double quarter pounder the staple to me of McDonalds. It's fucking great. McDoubles are okay if I don't want to spend too much. Their fries are fucking great.

All day breakfast brought me back to them though. I had a long hiatus before then. Their breakfast is the best in fast food and always has been.

Damn good movie though. Keaton deserves a nomination.

>tfw you go back that shawarma place you loved back in college but they changed chefs or owners and it just isn't as good

their coffee is the best deal in fast food

They told him no at every impasse. They refused to even nudge on anything concerning expanding leaving him holding the bag.

I'd be pissed too if I'm out there putting my balls on the line and making deals while they sat back and cock-blocked every decision I tried to make. He made that company what it is.

So how healthy is it compared to a bowl of ramen with extra pork for dinner?

Just don't let your grandma spill it on her lap and get third degree burns because McDonalds keeps that shit hotter than the fires of hades.

not after the lawsuit, also I like the iced coffee

Pretty much. Hard to find cheaper coffee on the go. Maybe Dunken Donuts but I don't have one near me.

It's incredible how much Michael Keaton unJUSTed his career.

What's the deal with smash burgers? Just get a slightly smaller ball of ground meat and squeeze it against the pan for 2 minutes on high heat then flip?

Dunkin Donuts is more expensive and the quality has taken a complete nosedive over the past 20 years, the food is disgusting even the coffee sucks now

How about a little more baaaaaklaaaaaavaaaaaa?!

The whole McDonald's diet was a gimmick meant to grab people into the documentary. The true meat behind the film was McDonald's shady advertising practices that lure people into their product + how much control they have over the food and health industries to promote their shit.

Hey. Fahk you, man. I fahkin love Dunkin. I'm like tha king of Dunkin. Go suck a cawk, ya homo. Dunkin is wicked awesome. Yankees suck.

I'm from New England so I know how much better it used to be

If I recall, he never released any of the data or meal records from his grand experiment. It's all a big sham.

>implying implications

Yeah, fast food is part of that but the rise of the internet and the vast decrease in physical activity in the 90s is also a primary contribution.

Just look at that spike in the late 90s and massive spike going into the mid 2000s.

Meanwhile the fastest growth in fast food was in the 80s and early 90s.

It's our sedentary lifestyles that meet fast food like a brick wall that contribute to the obesity in the US. Not plainly fast food.

Hell that spike massive spike in 2006 is at a time when fast food establishments were beginning their first reforms into getting rid of super size options and it's only gotten worse.

Largest coke available at McDonalds has around 250 calories, which is less than a regular cheeseburger, with Double Quarter Pounder being 750 kcal or so. The fries are awful though, with large ones having around 480 kcal.

> Drinking 200 calories of good sugar water is better than drinking 0 calories of slightly worse sugar water

Still the best fast food breakfast, so I can't hate them.

Who else went to McDonald's after watching this?

t. suburban white girl

I read the fast food nation book and saw this and was surprised people don't know this shit.

FOOD HAS ARTIFICIAL FLAVORS

FOOD HAS PRESERVATIVES

FOOD USES LARGE INDUSTRIAL SCALE

no fucking shit

>unJUSTing through playing a washed up actor in a genre you starred in
Can Mummyman the movie save Brendan?

Extra pork might just make it even. Both have a lot of fat and simple carbs, and very little fibre.

The whole "staying in shape and also eating McDonalds daily" can work, but it essentially means either expanding daily calorie consumption through exercise, low metabolism and/or eating salads/grilled chicken products instead of fries. With McD meal taking 800-900 kcal w/o a soda, and daily fibre intake requiring consumption of about 400 kcal extra, adding a dinner to that in a sedentary lifestyle just doesnt work.

I am too. Just wanted to post that Casey Affleck skit. Gotta love those Affleck memes.

I thought part of it was that I was just being nostalgic. Especially since I have been spoiled by local shops with decent coffee. The only reason I got into Starbucks was because a gf worked there and would give me free drinks. Though even then I went with teas.

I did buy into the coldbrew meme and tried it recently. That is okay, though probrably overpriced and not as good as local places that have it.

Actually, a cousin used to get me Dunkin gift cards so I would hit up the one down the street for a cup instead of the local cafe. That was the last time I regularly went thete.

>Reminder that another film maker recreated the experiment and barely gained weight. I think even with no exercise.

If this is true then how come I'm fat after eating fast food all the time?

How long until they automate the entire process?

I mean on one hand, if you leave a mcdouble out on the counter for two weeks and come back to it it'll be exactly the same as you left it. On the other hand, if you leave a mcdouble out on the counter for two weeks and come back to it it'll be exactly the same as you left it.

Kek