Cronenberg's best?

Cronenberg's best?

lmao you have to be joking. there were some really cool parts but it's a total fucking mess and the ending is 0/10

Kept me going for a solid 15 minutes and was just a shitty let down.

plebs

Dead Ringers

yeah the blatantly obvious "what a twist!" ending is really super kino

I haven't really seen enough Cronenberg but there's no way you can convincingly argue that existenZ is better than Eastern Promises.

Cronenberg should have acted more, I loved him in Nightbreed and he was great for the minute he was in Jason X.

easily the best film

name?

That movie where he plays a serial killer is his best role desu.

my nigga

name of the film pls

DEAD RINGERS

Dead Ringers !

Eastern Promises.

I like Naked Lunch better

thank you senpaitachi

I have a soft spot for pic related. very low budget but also very charming.

God tier
Dead Ringers
Videodrome

Great tier
Eastern Promises
Naked Lunch
Crash
A History of Violence

Solid flick tier
The Dead Zone
The Fly
The Brood
Scanners

I Let the Praise Go to My Head and Now I'm Pretentious and Boring tier
Cosmopolis
A Dangerous Method
Maps to the Stars

It's a bit shit innit, ya tit tier
eXistenZ

yea this. impressive considering what hes used to

Shift The Fly and Scanners up to great and Maps to the Stars to solid and it'll be good

that's not the fly

I agree about The Fly, but rewatch Scanners, it's awful, slow in the worst possible ways (Barry Lyndon is one of my all time favourite movies, Scanners is fucking slow) and the worst actor by far is the guy they got to play the protagonist, it's bad, I'd probably put it below solid flick honestly

Ranked:

The Fly
Eastern Promises
Crash
A History of Violence
eXistenZ
Naked Lunch
Videodrome
A Dangerous Method
Cosmopolis

Never seen:

Scanners
Dead Ringers
The Dead Zone
The Brood
Maps to the Stars

its an enjoyable B-movie slash amateur film, pleb

Scanners is really fucking weird and also boring.

I have no idea if Lack was directed to play a man who visibly has no soul or it just how he acts.

Forgot:

Put Spider below Crash.

Also never seen:

Stereo
Crimes of the Future
Shivers
Rabid
Fast Company
M. Butterfly

I've only seen bits and pieces of Scanners, and GIF of the guy's head exploding.

I watched Crimes of the Future out of curiosity and it's really solid. Really thick atmosphere thanks to god-tier brutalism architecture and the lack of dailog. It's like a mild hangover, everything seems weird and quiet even though you are in a familar setting.

forgot he made this

I liked Scanners, though I forgot what was it about lel

Will Eastern Promises be his last good movie ?

First thing I saw of his was Rabid, it had quite an impact on me, then he did classics like Scanners, Videodrome, Dead Zone, The Fly, from then on his quality went down, with Existenz and Eastern Promises being ok but not near his earlier work.

Maps to the Stars was actually great

>Crash

In a universe where Magnolia exists, Crash and Babel will always be inevitable.

You got the wrong Crash there, senpai

Cosmopolis is too patrician for Sup Forums.

2pretentious4me

He had a five movie streak from The Brood, Scanners, Videodrome, The Dead Zone, and The Fly where he was absolutely on a roll.

Scanners is my least favorite of those and I'd say The Brood is arguably the most creepy. It hits the body horror thing right and still has this atmosphere to it that's tough to describe.

The Dead Zone is amazing because it's probably his first truly character driven movie and he never nailed character development that way again. Partially cause most of his movies don't rely on it and partially cause it wasn't his story, but either way The Dead Zone had him exploring a type of horror he hadn't really done before and he did it well. It relies on many sympathetic characters whereas most of Cronenberg's movies feature sleazy, shady characters or at least relatively cool and distant ones who aren't that relatable. One last thing The Dead Zone doesn't do that some other Cronenberg movies do is push some kind of dismissive explanation for the madness like "experimenting with psychoplasmics" and just lets the mystery remain what it is.

I'd have to watch Naked Lunch and Dead Ringers again but I remember really liking those too. But that late 70s/early 80s period was David Cronenberg at his best to me.

you only like it for viggo's dick you faggot

Cosmopolis is shit.

viggo also gets his dick out in captain fantastic

I don't know why people think this was such a great mind fuck, because I hated this piece of shit. Especially the ending; what a pretentious piece of crap.

I like many of his movies. My absolute favorite is The Brood. Solid 9/10. Great Horror.

ABSOLUTE MADMAN

i better be getting memed on

you can also see a bit of his dick in A History of Violence

fuck off m8
the brood is pure kino

Scanners is the most confusing fucking film
I watched it and I have no clue what the plot was
I think he was on the run from some people that were also the people sheltering him in that cabin?
And they all knew that he knew they were against him, but none of them did anything and let the bloke walk around and do the orgasm face everywhere
And then they come in and shoot the place up even though the guy who was in the place had so many opportunities to kill the guy, and I don't fucking know
I liked how confusing some scenes were because it made sense, like the scene in the shopping center where they're looking for him
Or, actually, thinking back, I think they had eyes on him the whole time
And just the viewer was staring at random people
I don't fucking get it