Why didn't the Nazguls drop bombs at the city, the same bombs that they used to blow up the wall at Helm's Deep

Why didn't the Nazguls drop bombs at the city, the same bombs that they used to blow up the wall at Helm's Deep.

Did Sauron forget that bombs exist in the lotr universe?

You mean Saruman's "bombs"?

Because the Lord of the Rings isn't logic - and by that I mean, it doesn't follow the "logic" of the empirical, contemporary world; it follows the logic of fantasy and myth, in which events and actions aren't just themselves but semiotically charged signifiers for existential stages of the human condition.

Helm's Deep is an artistic accretion symbolising the struggle between Technè and Physis, between Technology and Natur

Minas Tirith is hope in all of its moments, it's affirmation, negation and renewal

Talking about it in terms of logic is idiotic mate

>dude it's supposed to be bad!

>dude, it's supposed to be existential literature for Catholics and "primitivists"

Except that was a single bomb. And the guy who made that bomb is cutoff from everything, so he can't make more bombs.

Saruman was defeated before the siege even started marching.

The gunpowder was his creation.

if just some wizard could create a bomb why couldn't Sauron do it?

I believe it was quite rare too as only a single bomb was made.

They were too expensive

Why didn't the Nazguls transport Orcs with them and just land on top of the city?

Well, kind of. The ending of the Return of the King implies Saruman is the more "technologically adept" villain, but I don't think I'd be mistaken in saying Sauron, via his link with Morgoth, first unlocked the industrial possibilities of technology - Mordor is pretty clearly Tolkien's nightmare of what an extremely industrial Britain would look like, and the degeneracy from artisanship to factory/Fordism is a common theme for evil deities.

I know left eagles.

But why couldn't Gandalf use them for rides between Minas Truth and Rohan.

Why didn't the Witch King just take over? Sauron - as he is not a girl - could not kill him.

Sauron is not a man either, he's a Maiar spirit.

If they had bombs why didn't they have guns?

>nazgul carrying bomb
>stray arrow
>spark against metal
>boom

Wow, just realizing in this shot how wrong it is to have the Anduin river so close. Makes it look like Middle-Earth is 20km x 20km.

Probably because he wasn't able to bind himself to the physical world and manipulate substance in his severely weakened state.

yeah after watching the films the distances between the fords of anduin, osgiliath, and minas tirith seemed to be completely warped in my mind. i really couldn't comprehend the difference between the representations of their distances.

I remember the chills i got when i forst saw that scene in ops pic. So good

I think it was fine for the purposes of the movie, though. Jackson didn't have time to have things play out over the huge amounts of time and distance involved in the books.

And honestly, having the anduin and osgiliath so close to minas tirith makes it all much more exciting. He struck a good balance between staying faithful to the books, and editing the story to make it appeal to general audiences. Those of us who truly care about these things are relative to read the books, those who don't care can enjoy the movie and the movie alone. This is part of what makes the whole trilogy such an excellent adaptation.

*about these things are welcome to read the books

Nazgul is singular and plural my nigga

"no man can kill me" was a prophesy, not some fucking superpower you retard. it was prophesised that witch king will not die at the hand of man which was thought to mean that no human can kill him, but came true in ironic fashion Mackbeth style