I have to write an essay for my english class about a stereotype that I am concerned about in the media...

I have to write an essay for my english class about a stereotype that I am concerned about in the media, but the only problem is, I can't think of a stereotype that bothers me. I don't really pay attention to the media anymore either which is why i'm drawing a blank.

Given the nature of this board I thought maybe you guys could help give me a stereotype to write about. What stereotypes are even relevant today still?

Jewish stereotype and how it's perfectly relevant, rational and justified.

Do a paper on how the media always puts a pro-black spin on a story whenever a black person commits a crime and pays the price for it. It's always the cops fault right?

Stereotype that all white men are racist, bigot, oppressing monsters who need to pay back for slavery and imperialism

the stereotype of "stereotyping = racism"

Write how stereotype happens for a reason.
You don't see stereotypes of white killing whales
or asians loving watermelon and KFC
or japanese being customer service
or etc
because those never happened, and hence won't have stereotypes.

phone it in and do something about the stereotype of white men being white

law enforcement=bad
zim zam and darrel willson are good examples

Maybe that white people's food is too bland

How about the one about whites not having a culture.

You could do the conservative steryotype. Most media presents right wing people as dumb, uneducated, selfish, racists, stuck in the past. The "alt-right" movement and some of its prominent members are good examples of why this isn't true.

Write about men being portrayed as bumbling, incapable idiots while women act as the mature voice of reason. It's become a stereotype in modern media despite being the exact opposite of reality.

White males = serial killers

Jeez, do you already have that level of indoctrination in School? Do me a favour and tell me more about this, OP. Which grade are you in?

Indian stereotype that they all shit in the streets

The stereotype of Southerners as dumb, white rednecks.

That, or the stereotype of Muslims as radical extremists. Then cite how "only" 30% of them want to kill people for leaving their religion, etc.

Write a paper about how sponge bob is mild, subconscious yellow face.

talk about how after the Brexit, many media outlets were accusing older voters as uneducated racists.

Actually, thinking about it, you should DEFINITELY do the latter. Pretend you're the biggest cock-gobbling Muslim apologist in the world. Present the actual statistics and whatnot, but act like you genuinely find them totally acceptable. Justify Sharia law as "not that bad" and make a point that, although a majority of Muslims demand it, most of those don't wish to hold Kuffar to Sharia just so long as they submit and pay their Jizya. Write it from the standpoint of an apologist, but make sure there's so goddamn much evidence of the cancerous nature of mainstream Islam in this paper that any sane reader couldn't help but be revolted.

Do this right and you'll really make your professor think :^)

This one seems the most promising so far. I don't want to defend shaira law though, that's too much.

The Stereotype that all Russians wear tracksuits and squat.

Cite examples of all Russians that don't do those two things (If you can find any).

The "stupid dad" stereotype.

i have an easy one for you

stereotype: white people are mass shooters

rebuttal: compare the racial composition of the u.s to the racial composition of mass shooters and you will find that white people are not over represented.

why this stereotype developed: there are more white people in the country, so people got the perception that white people commit more mass murders

>I don't want to defend shaira law though, that's too much.
You have to try. Point out that the Taliban nearly eliminated Bacha Bazi and the heroin trade, which have since resurged since the Western intervention. Point out how "evil" and oppressive secular dictators like Saddam Hussein and Hafez al Assad were, compared to Islamic democracies like Iran and Pakistan. And most importantly, point out how the majority of Muslims favor Sharia, and it would therefore be "undemocratic" to oppose it.