Why do Eva's Angles look like weird antique Egyptian mural sculptures?

Why do Eva's Angles look like weird antique Egyptian mural sculptures?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=usfiAsWR4qU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because it looks cool

You should look up what Old Testament angels (not archangels) were supposed to look like.

Because it looks complicated

This, angels were like something from Lovecraft not beautiful winged waifus

This. And they're from space, so even though they start out as humanoids such an appearance would be astronomically unlikely.

The Bible/Jesus ancient Egyptian culture and anime were all African American inventions.

Evangelion uses this symbolism to subliminally educate Japanese and whites to linking together the true history of Earth

Didn't the creator confirmed that he put random stuff in it that don't make much sense just to make it more ''deep''? That's probably the answer for every question about eva

What was his endgame?

Yeah, but that's alongside him saying that him explaining what EVA is about would defeat the point of the show. I think he's right to keep quiet about it, its what Kubrick did and what Malick does.

Read the Death of the Author by Roland Barthes to understand how a creator explaining their own work is the destruction of meaning.

Just wanted to spill his load in your NERV-hole

I watched that episode last night actually.

Ah yes, who could forget that Anno studied under prominent Afrocentric scholars such as Molefi Kete Asante as a young animator. You can see the influence in all of his works in fact.

I never really understood anime shows
>crazy weird shit occurs on a daily basis
>no one gives a fuck and live its normal life
>even the people in NERVs aren't shown questioning what's going on
is this intentional that all anime do this thing? or is this a jap thing?

Some kids asked why he choose "Evangelion" for the name of the robots, and he said that he thought it sounded complicated.

after it happens once it kinda turns into routine desu
you can get used to everything

Half the world's population were killed, and NERV knew the Angels were coming for like 15 years. And they have giant biomechanical robots.

That's probably the reason why Riddley Scott named his flick Prometheus. Gifting fire to man isn't that close to being the creator

so? the background and characters are still under-developed as fuck imo

I just told you why employees at nerv wouldn't be fazed by crazy alien shit. Do you need Anno to spell it out to you, or what. You can infer most of it pretty easily

so, which Angel had the best design?
my favorite was the one that was literally a ball, such good design

just finished the show today, what a clusterfuck

ramiel

good 4 u

That giant doll thing with toilet paper for arms. Shame that they botched the design in the rebuild flick.

OP's is pretty cool. Its plan is just to slam into Tokyo-3 and hope for the best. Nutty

That's one of the reasons I love EVA -- it trusts the audience to figure it out with just enough information because that kind of info isn't really important to the story as a whole.

what did she mean by this?

>watch neon genesis evangelion
>it is some annoying kid, asshole girl and clone
>they fight like assholes and endanger a world threatened into extinction
>watch EoE
>Realize just how stupid and overly "artistic" and "deep" it is.
>realize that all this deep shit is just a mask for them not being able to make a coherent story
>havent watched anime in years because of this experience

Its shit covered with "symbolism"

she was flirting
she even calls him a boring beta cuck after that

a man needs to know that women are just men without penis

We

>overly "artistic" and "deep" it is

I think the new xXx movie just came out. Maybe you'd enjoy that.

congratulations on your insightful critique user, I bet you're really proud of it

Prometheus suffered for trying to obtain the power of gods (fire) for mankind though.

That's where the parallel is drawn from.

>that water
wtf am I looking at

NEYMAR JR. MAN !!

*blocks your path*

Those are caustic reflections on the edge of the pool, not the water itself

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWN
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWN

>screams geometrically

youtube.com/watch?v=usfiAsWR4qU

YAMEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

tell him I don't like the cut of your jib, mister and walk around him