Saw this again for the 4th time -- was the implication at the end that Gojira was going to wake up...

Saw this again for the 4th time -- was the implication at the end that Gojira was going to wake up? I remember Yaguchi saying something about it not being over yet and that they have to learn to live alongside Gojira.

Why don't they just start carving him up? I know his skin is super strong but we see in the film that it's not impenetrable. Then they can learn about the new elements within him and maybe how to harness his incredible nuclear energy capabilities.

Other urls found in this thread:

legendary.com/legendary-and-warner-bros-pictures-announce-cinematic-franchise-uniting-godzilla-king-kong-and-other-iconic-giant-monsters/
amazon.com/TOHO-Shin-Godzilla-Works-JAPAN/dp/490503308X
youtube.com/watch?v=oJm0JL9TAec
youtube.com/watch?v=GoSjrw9iFPA
youtube.com/watch?v=Iv5qc0RpBk0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

That's what he meant that now they have to figure out what to do with it since they have the chance, but since there's all that people that got Gojira'd on his tail it's going to get crazy next.

If there's a sequel that is.

That's interesting, since I first thought they were totally finished with Gojira or they at least had more time to deal with the body.

I'd like to see Anno come back for a sequel but I remember hearing he hated collaborating with Toho since they work very fast so that's probably unlikely.

What the fuck were those things on Gojira's tail?

I hope so, it is the highest grossing Gojira movie
If that doesn't guarantee a sequel then nothing else will

They look like these creatures from a recent EVA short, but I honestly have no idea. I took it as heavy symbolism for those killed by the atomic bombs, since Gojira is based on nuclear anxiety and Shin Gojira went back to that idea a lot.

no. That's gojira's 5th form. He evolves depending on the threat. Now that his threat are the actual humans, he's evolving into things that can combat them individually. They're are multiple humanoid gojira's but are all one entity, gojira, if that makes sense. Sharing one consciousness, but multiple bodies.

Just googled a quote Anno gave on being asked if he'd do a sequel: "It's not for me to decide. Ask Toho. As for me, I'm good. It'd be more interesting if they changed directors. Toho won't let me do it. There'd be a lot of difficulties."

So he's out. But I'd really like to see a sequel that continues where Shin Gojira left off. The American sequel to the 2014 Godzilla film sounds promising but my expectations are low. I expect they'll make it fit more into the Kong: Skull Island universe which looks like nothing more than 7/10 hollywood decency.

Holy shit, I never thought of it that way. Sort of like a hive-mind of Gojira humanoids. I'd be super interested to see how they'd incorporate that into a sequel.

Woah, did this ever happened with previous Gojira movies?

Forgot the pic

>Anno will never make another Godzilla movie with twice the budget

No. The most he ever mutated he began to meltdown and almost took the whole world with him.

not that I'm aware of.

The closest to something like that I can think of is Destroyah's initial state as a bunch of human-sized aliens. Pre-Shin Gojira has only reproduced asexually, laying an egg that hatches to be Godzilla Junior/Baby Godzilla/Minilla. But that's standard reptile reproduction, whereas Shin Gojira is something new altogether. Motherfucker even tried to sprout wings IIRC.

It made 5x its budget worldwide, who knows? Anno says he wants to do it and I'm sure a big chunk of its audience watched it because of Anno's notoriety

Anno says he's doing Eva first and he doesn't really want to work on it anymore.

>Anno will never make a $100million Gojira film ft. Jet Jaguar and King Ghidorah.
>Big budget Godzilla films are being made by hollywood execs
>Sequel to Godzilla 2014 directed by the auteur who gave the world KRAMPUS

Just give me the money hollywood and I'll make it

There's some animated thing in the works. Don't know what it's about but the poster suggests it's on another planet. It's also written by the guy who made Psycho-Pass and from what I hear that's a great series so fingers crossed.

>legendary.com/legendary-and-warner-bros-pictures-announce-cinematic-franchise-uniting-godzilla-king-kong-and-other-iconic-giant-monsters/
>"Legendary plans to create a shared cinematic franchise 'centered around Monarch'"

What the fuck does "Monarch" mean

>"Monarch, the human organization that uncovered Godzilla in the 2014 film, will expand their mission across multiple releases."

I think it's probably a company like the Weyland - Yutani

Think of it as Shield is to Marvel. Secret organization that tracks monsters and keeps it from the public until Godzilla 2014

>still no good rip

Why bother.

That's a pretty good excuse for why monsters are suddenly showing up. I'm sure they'll mention parallels of monsters in mythology and shit.

I know right. I watched it with a girl last night and the rip cut out a bunch of scenes. They weren't super important but they were weird omissions, like that short scene with the Europeans and when they're talking in the conference room it cuts right to when they turn on the TV to see the tail.

>What the fuck does "Monarch" mean

>it's another
Dharma Corp
Weyland-Yutani
Omni Corp
>evil corporation movie

I'd prefer if they didn't try to use evil corporations as scape goats.

M A K E G O J I R A P O L I T I C A L A G A I N

The film doesn't come out on dvd/bluray for another couple months

Do you think they're touching up the CGI? I know they do that with anime and some of the CGI in Shin Gojira looked rough.

maybe

While left open ended, I hope it doesn't get a sequel and we're left with the uneasiness to come

I want a sequel with Hedorah or Monster X honestly

>Godzilla evolves into a form he deems even more terrifying than his last forms
>Humans are far worse than Godzilla

>You will never see the End of Evangelion of Gojira films

>Anno releases a short film titled End of Shin Gojira
>Entire credit scenes is nothing but death threats
anno does it again

Does anyone know what comes with the special Blu-ray editions? The website is all in moonrunes

>Shin Gojira art book
>2.6 inches thick
>7.9 lbs
>$159

That's all I have.

Enjoy

>straight up growing another body

now this is metal dude

>It's also written by the guy who made Psycho-Pass
Urobuchi? Going to be one fucking edgy Godzilla

>people watched the shortened torrent and thought it was fine

I'm very angry about this

What's the shortened torrent missing? 15 more minutes of talking?

20 minutes actually

we Godzilla 1998 now

Don't count it out just yet

dude, what if, basking shark

>512 pages

Fuck it lads, i'm getting this one, not on Amazonf of course but i am.

>159 dollars
as tempted as i am to see sketches of annos thrown around ideas, that is quite the pricetag for something like this

I'm assuming they're polishing up the CGI. I doubt there'd be any more scenes added, but maybe some deleted ones.

I would fucking kill to see some behind the scenes of Anno directing.

Important stuff, imo. The pacing is BUTCHERED in the shortened cut and it makes all the characters seem way more flat.

Easily my MOTY 2016, I don't know if it's because I really like the taste of Anno's dick or due to it being a genuinely great movie with something to say. I'm glad I got to see it 3 times in the big screen nonetheless.

What is it that I find so attractive about this chink? She's not pretty in the conventional sense of the word, but there's something about her.

I think it's her standoffish personality. You do see this kind of attention with the flirtatious Kayoko

>recent EVA short
wait what

youtube.com/watch?v=oJm0JL9TAec

It isn't much. Seems to me like storyboards/key frames for the next Rebuild film but I enjoyed it all the same.

youtube.com/watch?v=GoSjrw9iFPA

This is a pretty cool music video put out by Khara, the animation studio behind the Rebuilds.

There's also Neon Genesis IMPACTS, which is a pretty neat one-shot story within the Rebuild canon:

youtube.com/watch?v=Iv5qc0RpBk0

This all just makes me sad because it's gonna be at least 2 or 3 years before last rebuild comes out and I can be free.

>Evangelion: 3.0+1.0 (シン・エヴァンゲリオン劇場版: || Shin Evangerion Gekijōban:||), also known as Evangelion: Final
>Evangelion: Final
>Final

The ride is almost over.