Could you make a movie out of Bloodborne?

Could you make a movie out of Bloodborne?
How would you make it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=glP-gH_n3Yc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

the soulsborne games are so uniquely well suited to the video game medium that it's hard to imagine how you would adapt them to film

it's like watchmen. watchmen is a great example of the unique things comics can do, and is immensely difficult to translate to screen. so while the movie ended up pretty good, it was sort of a miracle. i'd love to see a soulsborne movie, but it would be hard to do properly.

If you just took some of the lore and style and based a completely new action/horror story around it I don't see why not.

The real question is, do we want that?

I thought Gehrmans fight was pretty kino

>when the vocals kick in

It would probably be a lot easier to turn Bloodborne into a movie than Dark Souls. BB's Gothic horror + Lovecraft aliens seems a lot more adaptable than DS's quiet post-apocalyptic fantasy with convoluted time and alternative dimension shenanigans.

I feel like it would be van helsing for the first half then ayy lmaos for the second
Would still watch

You could but it wouldn't translate well because what makes FromSoftware's games is the gameplay difficulty. You can't bring that into movies.

Make it focus on the characters and events before our character arrives.

Nope.
You can't. You could make a movie inspired by it, but not a movie that is loyal to the game. It's just not doable by any living person as of yet.

make the first tps movie with del toro, kojima and the hardcore harry team producing

I can actually see the Souls games being adapted. I think the reason Watchmen was so difficult to adapt was because of all the sub-plots wouldn't fit into a two hour movie. Why exactly do you think these games are so uniquely suited to video game medium?

>mfw he asks you about the Church hunters

It was such a genuine reaction to kill him to stop his helpless screaming at the end. That was really well done.

When he said something like "I didn't want to know what it was, not really" was he talking about the sprites of light that the sword makes him see.

Yeah he came across as person of horrid circumstances, like most in the BB universe

I had to say yes, how could you tell him his life's work was for nothing?

>female protag
>black love interest
>70's rock soundtrack

Guaranteed 1 Gorillion at the box office

There's no black "people" in Bloodborne because it's made by nips

They could maybe try to go for a Van Hellsing style to attract normies but overall idk how it would do

Main character is black, dumbass

Nope lol.

Why can't you just stay on Sup Forums with your retarded videotoys?

Henryk and Simon are black.

And the MC can be black if you have a PHD in character creation sliders.

are there any good Lovecraftian movies?

the reason no souls game would make a good movie is they so heavily rely on exploration and feeling things out through the gameplay

it's a medium that can't really be portrayed well through film, but I would really like to see someone that loves the franchise take a whack at it

If Bloodborne were movie-fied, it would be the best Lovecraftian movie ever made.

If Bloodborne were movie-fied, I would jizz on everything. It would have to be legit, of course. Not some garbage-ass cashgrab like the Resident Evil movies or some Uwe Boll bullshnizz. That's the only reason I'd say Bloodborne couldn't be a movie; it's hard to imagine who would make it, what kind of story to make of it (because just having one main character killing boss after boss on screen wouldn't really fly in the kinoverse), who would star in it, getting the effects right (SO MANY MONSTERS to either CGI or give makeup effects for)...

But again. If done, and done right, jizz. Jizz everywhere.

Could have it be a kinda hero ish movie where the main character is trying to free gherman of being the host of the dream, have gherman be more of a main character, guiding him from monster to monster

Yes.
I mean At the Mountains of Madness would be a better film but who caress I just want more adaptations of Lovecraft on film.

Best game ever made. I don't want to see a film adaption because it would never be good enough, period.

>Best game ever made
You have to go back

reddit hates souls games

I'd delve deep into the lore and would make a film about Ludwig's demise.

Never been there you pleb. Name a better game right now, I'll wait, you bitter fucking pc cuck.

I could name hundreds better than dodging simulator in generic victorian spook city, but your redditor consolecuck brain won't be able to understand

Jesus Christ some textures in the set are really N64 tier. Loved the game but it's a shame Sony is holding the game in hostage and won't let it being released on PC. It could be played at its full potential.

Nice response, get destroyed.

Saints Row 2 is a better game and it's a generation behind.

Or do you mean name a better game of the same genre as Bloodborne because all i have to say to that is DeS.

>Bloodborne
>good

Good meme. The only people who enjoy that garbage are the autistic nintendrones who bought a PS4. That's why it sold like shit. The nips are trash at making good videogames. They're outdated since the beginning of the HD era.

Bloodborne?

>he says this whilst posing the most generic western game ever

The multipler is somewhat decent but this has to be b8. Please be fucking b8

>videogame industry is already in decline
Nice """"""""""""artform"""""""""""", faggots

Demon souls is not better than bloodborne, every single boss is piss easy for a start. Saints row 2? are you smoking crack m8?

It's plenty better.
For starters the story isn't stolen from lovecraft.
It features better worlds, better characters, better weapons and is on the whole alot more fun to play continuously than bloodborne.

Games aren't art.
Art can be a video game though, but it's subjective and dictated by the media at large.

>generic

The Soulsborne games' way of storytelling is very much at odds with the kind of way Hollywood does things. And if you were going to make a Bloodborne movie then it would have to be Hollywood most likely, it's a setting that requires a large fucking budget and production values.

Just look at how many people dislike Mad Max or think it has no story because it often just uses visual language to say things, or leaves it up to the viewer to infer something. Bloodborne is that cranked up even higher.

Mad Max: Fury Road I should specify

has joseph campbell always been well known? I keep seeing people reference his work lately
youtube.com/watch?v=glP-gH_n3Yc

tl;dr
>video exploring bloodborne's themes
>it's an inverse of christianity and the archetypal heroes journey
>it also uses game mechanics to instill unease and paranoia
there are no directors who understand how to make a good film adaptation of video games. it's better left untouched.

>generic
Muh darkness
Muh cobblestone houses
I love the game but the setting is generic and got old before Gascoigne

>op starts a Sup Forums thread.
>user gets booty-blasted people are discussing games in a thread about games on a board about tv and films
>doesn't just report the posts and op but instead publicizes that he's upset

Video games can never made into good films because gameplay forms the foundation of the medium. Narrative structure and flow doesn't need to be concise and as the played action determines these aspects. Soul series/blood are perfect examples as they world is bare and only tidbits of information is relayed to players in order for them to discover the story/lore through items and npc interaction.

In the same way cape films take aspects or arcs of the source material and manipulate them to fit film, like death of superman in BvS, Civil War.

Agreed. The Audience would hate watching the protagonist pick up an item and just read a little description next to it while the audience checks youtube to see if someone can tell them what they pretended they already knew.

>Asks if it could be a movie
>Talk about if it could
>You faggots show up and start having console wars

The souls series feels so fucking dead, none of the characters have any depth, so I doubt it would make a good movie

>none of the characters have any depth
Did you even play the game?

That channel, along with Joseph Anderson's, is quite good for vidya related content.

Not an argument.

BRAISE THE SUN:DDDDDD

Saying not an argument doesn't make the setting less generic, everywhere in yarnham looks the exact same, old yarnham is the same but smoke
Byrgenweth looks the same but with grass

With that I can agree upon, but saying that the setting is generic overall, especially with that Lovecraftian twist at the middle is simply not true, since not a lot of games did it.

That's a yes, then.

I never read anything by Lovecraft so it didn't really have an awe factor for me

>when someone associates Lovecraft with Memeborne

It's okay, Lovecraft is only liked by people who never read Lovecraft. His stories were cheesy and badly written.

Lovecraft is dogshit
t. guy who read most of his stories

Are you sayin that Lovecraft's works aren't prevalent in the game, regardless of what your opinion on it is?

Fuck you. The man knew how to potray the mind of a frightened man, how to build lore and establish a truly terrifying atmosphere. He's not perfect, but he's far from being mediocre or worse.

>>You faggots show up and start having console wars
Actually I showed up and started to debate which game in the series would make the best soulsbourne film. Thanks for labeling me, faggot.

How many lovecraft stories have you read?
I can understand this opinion coming from someone who's only familiar with a small portion of his vast works.

I myself have read all of his literature, not limiting myself to the books but also reading his correspondence and essays. Basically everything released thus far.
My opinion is his work has depth and his initial concept and idea of the mythos was novel.
I do agree some of his work is badly written, but the vast majority is not. It might not be your cup of tea but his effect on popular culture and the way his works have gripped entire generations cannot be denied.

whole game is kino, a masterpiece

That boss was garbage, but the game surely is great, especially the DLC. Man, that Ludwig fight was fucking crazy, I didn't mind dying 30 times since I had a lot of fun!

Looks retarded, fampalio

Typical plebeian.

YOU look retarded ahahaha
how will you ever recover

>how will you ever recover
>implying you can recover from retardation

i bet you lick your finger and touch your ear

>Sup Forumsfag
>MDEfag
It fits

my favourite theme from the game and its always over in 30 seconds, what a disappointing fight

No character ever actually says that. Not even Solaire.

wtf my dads retarded and a fag, dont say that words!

There's a dozen ways to make a movie set in the Bloodborne universe.

A movie about the Byrgenwerth scholars traversing the tombs under Yharnam all culminating in the discovery of Ebrietas.

A movie about the burning of Old Yharnam. Though this may lean too closely towards generic action shit.

A movie about Kos washing up on the beach of the fishing hamlet and it slowly influencing control on its inhabitants.

A movie about the fall of Yahar'gul.

There were loads of little stories in BB that could be explored without just directly adapting the main plot.

Bloodborne is the Ocarina of Time if this gen though. It's very overrated, doesn't have anything original, has shit story and graphics compared to other games of this gen (Uncharted, Horizon, Infamous, God of War) and autistic fanboys like this guy write fan fictions about any retarded NPC

You're right that autists make up retarded fanfiction (and then post it on youtube like its fact)

But everything they said was in the game.

Doesn't change the fact he's an autist who think we can make a movie based on very poorly written NPC.

But none of those were NPCs.

>generic victorian spook city
Hasn't played the game confirmed

Hasn't played the game confirmed

m8 that list of games you just bought up....please stop talking about games, you know nothing you stupid fucking 19 year old.

>muh weebshit

The problem with souls fags is they are autistic nintenyearolds in their core but they are stranger to the Playstation family. They can't stand games with actual good graphics and writting. They have nothing to play but their souls garbage on PS4 and they are a very small minority. Don't know why Yoshida is running after them.

How about they make a movie from a game with an actual scenario instead?

>Implying the little girl who got eaten by the pig in the bridge sewer wouldn't make an academy award winning movie.

>story about a cunt that dooms other peoples children to death because he doesn't want to sacrifice a kid that's not even his

It would be extremely hard.

ludwig 2nd phase was more hype but orphan was definitely vidyakino in its purest form

I liked the ending

>tfw poorfag
>tfw haven't played vidya since skyrim
>tfw let's plays exist for miserable cucks like you

If it were ever made into a movie it should have minimal dialogue. It should be more of a drama/horror than action movie. And visually it has to capture the atmosphere of the game in a very realistic way which would be difficult. It can't be a giant CGI-fest.

I always felt like games like Destiny or Fire Emblem would be the more easier titles to make movies out of.
The Souls games have to be played to experience. Simply taking the loose story and throwing in hidden lore moments wouldn't work. Better as a game.

Either like a space opera or an epic like Lord of the rings

pls no

I love BB but the movie wouldn't be kino. Souls games dont even have a fully fleshed out plot anyway, its just hints of lore and names from item descriptions/

>shit graphics
u wot

I don't see it working.

One of the main elements of those games is that you are on you own. Which implies there should be very little dialog. Which would probably suck.

too bad it was ruined by a needlessly hard boss that contradicted the tone of the boss

The man was scared of cats and black people. Thanks but no thanks, I'll stick with Bloodborne's prodigious creatures.