Be the American people

>be the American people
>suck at soccer, literally the world's most celebrated sport
>lose qualification to Trindidad & Tobago world power
>get inferiority complexes
>BUT MUH NFL AND NBA LOL LOOK WE'RE SO GOOD AT EVERYTHING
>WHO CARES ABOUT FOOTBALL RIGHT

our womens team is really good tho

If America genuinely cared they have the resources and population to be good.

why can the girls be good at soccer but not the guys?

>be me
>be murrikan
>honestly don't give 2 fucks about soccer
>obsessed yuros always think this is damage control
believe what you want, but i didn't even know we were out until i came on spee and saw a million LOL@USA threads and read one to find out what the fuck you were all going on about. hell, i don't even know when the world cup is more specifically than 2018.

Guys stop playing soccer to play football, basketball, etc. while girls keep playing it

Believe me, you don't want us to focus our attention on your sport and it's corruption

Is it really hard to imagine that we prefer other sports? There are many Americans who like soccer, but at best it's the 5th-most popular sport in the country. It's just not a big deal here.

They really really want us to like soccer

Don't you not want us to watch it? Can you guys make up your mind? Why is Sup Forums so damn indecisive about Americans and soccer? It's a literal hive, jeez.

I was honesty confused because I knew the world cup was next year but had no idea there was "qualifiers". What the hell is the group stage for then?

I don't get it, is it news to other countries that Americans don't really care about soccer? It's next to impossible to get into a sport you didn't grow up watching or playing, I didn't even know MLS existed until today nor did I know how the World Cup/qualifying actually worked.

Our country does not watch soccer that much

Nah, Australia doesn't care either. But probably more than us anyways. That said, I'm still furious over the loss, almost got fired at work today for snapping at others from PTSD. Europeans are wrong when they don't realize how much of life and death soccer is to some of us.

oh wow a burger glorifying women thats a big surprise from a trump voter

It's a cultural thing bro, why be a football player in a shit tier league and be almost non existent when you can be an NBA player or NFL player and be worshipped as a God ?

"Soccer" is played here more at junior level then Aussie rules, cricket or rugby we just have a terrible system that demotivates our youth

We really don't. We don't want to hear your retarded analysis on shit you have no idea about, your gloating over how you're somehow relevant for making it out of a group any non-micro nation European country would make it out of. Simply put we don't want you in our sport. Stay the fuck away.

You really overestimate how much we care about soccer. Even I, who watched the game last night on a stream, didn't know until I turned it on what needed to happen in order to make the World Cup.

>be european
>constantly talk about americans
it's okay, maybe in another life

When something like this happens to the US, there's always something more to the banter, like anger or jealousy. It's insane.
Though, to be honest, it just validates our superiority complex knowing that there is such an obsession with us, so I'll take it.

This interpretation pretty much proves you actually have an inferiority complex

ITT: a bunch of burger posters that can be summed up with "let me tell you what countries are white"

Fuck USA. This is a soccer board. Get them out immediately.

lel, germany's having a field day with burgers

This. Europeans and third worlders are obsessed with America for some reason and they want us to care about povertyball while handegg is starting up and luckswing is having its playoffs.

The majority of the country just doesn't give a shit but the rest of the world desperately wants us to care.

This. They weren't even showing the game on TV

This thread was made by a european about a sport american doesn't care about and if we do, its only every 4 years.