CHRISTIAN GENERAL /ChG/

This thread is dedicated to the discussion on the Christian faith. Here we try to create constructive conversations with one another regarding the bible, the faith, the principles, history, and the effects of the christian faith on politics.
Atheists are more than welcome to come hold discussions in these threads, all that we ask is that you try to be constructive and not buttblast everyone for not being "Intellectually superior."
THREAD THEME:
youtube.com/watch?v=6V8CoyzBc4E

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=egLChx-U54o
charismanews.com/politics/elections/58042-dr-james-dobson-donald-trump-has-accepted-christ
youtube.com/watch?v=R7ldbrua9as
m.youtube.com/watch?v=AT78qquLJPM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Have a wonderful monday Sup Forums!

youtube.com/watch?v=egLChx-U54o

Christ is Lord. Praise Him!

>conservative
>wanting the TPP

My life is truly better with Christ. My head used to be a fog of unforgiving and selfishness. So I can easily emphatic with those who have no accepted him yet and hope that it can help me help them walk the one and only true path.

Hallelujah!

I swear by he name of the Allah, The most merciful; O christian dogs, O crusaders of satan, If the Westerns won't stop the bomb the Muslim countries. if the westerners won't stop funding terrorist who kill Muslims. If the westerners won't stop to kill Muslims Vallahi more Muslim man will come to Europe. And more Muslims to fuel the European civil war Westerners: Do you want a race war? Do you want your cities in fire? Then go on. Go on the kill the Muslims. but we will take revenge. We are here.waiting you. If you're men. come to battlefield. Vallahi. We will hunt you like a bird. Allah with us. Allah is our savior.You. You have no savior. We waiting for heaven. You wait for hell.

Those who walk with the ways of God and Christ are truly pure of heart. I feel bad for Nihilists.

Not much of a believer myself, but Christianity is the faith of my people so I'll stick with you guys.

That said, retake Constantinople when?

>worshiping a Jewish man as a god

Soon brother. Soon.
Does this picture trigger you?

>retake Constantinople when
Why do autists on Sup Forums like to pretend it is the 15th century?

Do you still cry about danzig and breslau too? Get over it loser.

retake Berlin first

but, besides snide remarks

the only true reconciliation between Germany and Poland can be through the Church

and I think both nations need it very deeply

God bless

do not retake Constantinople, retake hearts of people

Hell I don't know what you fools are talking about.
What we NEED to do is take back Europe first.

>we
You're a fucking burger

>take back Europe
take back from what? Let me guess you're under the age of 20.

post best church from your country christbros

question why is it that christianity has often sided with the right and not the left in the past ?

and i'm not saying the bullshit pseudo left that we see today e.g liberals and sjws i'm talking about the revolutionary left the popped up around 1917

i mean a lot of the ideals in communism kinda go with christianity (except for the whole state atheism thing)

ok, Murrica you are the leader

and try to avoid nuclear WW3, it would be a true end of Europe, but hey, maybe you are into it?

Donald
Trump just accepted Jesus as his savior! I'm not sure if I believe it.
charismanews.com/politics/elections/58042-dr-james-dobson-donald-trump-has-accepted-christ

because the right is right
and the left is jew

pick related

First off, No. I'm 100% pizza.
Second, I am under the age of 20, by a year.
Third;
Europe has been getting nothing but cucked by this new liberal marxist whatever the hell you want to call it agenda. It's a parasite that's feeding on the west and is slowly destroying it from within. In all the years, Europa has never EVER been willing to let Muslims, (From a mainly MUSLIM civilization) in by the masses. EVER. The walls of the Vatican have been up for hundreds of years to keep Muslims AWAY from one of the only things that is preserving even an ounce of what western culture is about. There are a countless number of people not just in Europe right now but in the WORLD who want to see the west and her sons destroyed. And we're letting them do it.

it's just to pander to the angry ted cruz voters

What said, Die hard Evangelicals supported Ted because he did nothing but lie and promote himself as a "True Conservative."
The first instance I can ever recall of Ted was when I was watch an interview of him on CNN where he clearly stated that he was 100% against Obamacare but was indeed infact a very big user and one of the top donators to Obamacare. Ted was full of it.
It's good that Trump is doing that though.

I know it is a past time for this place to make fun of Jewish people, but they need Jesus as much as anyone else. Are there Jewish people who have let their greed get to them and cause them to do bad things? Of course they just like us aren't perfect. Fortunately God is.

Rather than casting stones at them why not we help one another and show some love, as Matthew 22:29 shows.

Let us all be together as children of God saying yes to Yeshua.

Welp that's all for tonight.
Goodnight, heretics.

'night, OP

"City of Churches"
meh

Hope you all have a blessed day today in Christ's name. Amen.

With regards to communism, I don't support it because while there are some ideas that happen to coincide with Christian ideals, there's a substantial lack of freedom behind it. Simplyfing it, you shouldn't be donating resources to more needy people because the state decrees it, you should do so out of your own volition.

I would liken it to why I don't support theocracies, even if it was a Christian one (which I admit I'd be tempted to support because I think it would ultimately be better for everyone), because ultimately there exist some people that simply don't want to come to Christ, or accept whatever idol the state religion is trying to impose.

I ultimately don't want to force ideals I hold as a Christian on people that don't share them, as much as I may think it best for them, because you have to choose to come to Christ. And that comes from a person's own heart, not anything to do with the law of the land.

I hope that makes sense. I don't frequently articulate that idea and it's pretty late where I am.

so you support the original idea of marx's communism but you don't support the USSR ?

Reminder that these threads are Sup Forums heritage threads

I'd say the one in North Adelaide near Adelaide Oval is equally as good, pity they hardly get used though. >We'd deserve the title of "City of Churches" if >we actually used them.

If you claim to have Christian morality and are any other political belief than voluntarist, you're a hypocrite.

Quick question are there any pastors on YouTube you all like to watch their sermons for? Or just anything related?

My church has made it so they have their sermons recorded and uploaded as a podcast just in case you can't make it.

amen to that, so many strange faithless creatures in this city.

I watch a lot of Steven Anderson, but some things with him you have to take with a grain of salt.

You went full blown autism in that post.

No wonder faggots like you whine about not having a girlfriend.

Can't argue with dubbs m8, amen to that.

My god says we are not to test him in case he is false and undelivering [ ]
My god says we are to avoid delicious meals like pork because apparently good people eat shit [ ]
My god says we should try dying virgins, because apparently good people don't deserve pleasure and gods themselves, owning the place, don't have whatever ammounts of sex they desire [ ]
My god forced me to be of a certain sexuality to then get angry at his own decision and blame me for it [ ]
My god requires that I let my enemies beat me to a pulp until they get bored and I have to stay put and don't hit back [ ]
My god says that the world is populated by children of the devil, yet he demands I visit them when sick and give them alms, as good people give good things to enemies of gods [ ]
My god says that if I use his name, I will be able to move mountains, but I cannot do it [ ]
My god says that if I use his name, I resurrect people, but this never happens [ ]
My god claims that the world is filled with devils and his church is supsiciously always full of people that don't really care about the belief system but join up anyway [ ]
My god claims his spirit of goodness and rainbows enters his priests several times so he can guide them, the result is that they are child rapists [ ]
My scripture warns that the law was changed by evil people, yet my gods priests insist on keeping the obviously false laws [ ]
My scripture warns that the true one will be called beelzebub and a prince of demons by the people of the world, yet people don't say this [ ]
My scripture warns that the followers of the true one will have to move from city to city because of persecution, but our churches remain calm and our child rapists aren't even detained [ ]

Only if everyone buys in and every member behaves justly, but practically speaking I don't think it's realizable and I don't think it's fair to subject everyone to it when only a few loons think it could ever work.

I'll give Marxism and Communism this. It could work if you had a population of five, everyone within that population knew each other inside and out and mostly liked each other, and came to know everyone involved had each other's best interests behind their actions. I view the problem Marxism is only as good as its weakest link with the people governed by it. A few bad apples taking advantage of everyone else is enough to cause it to slowly spiral out of control.

That being said, if I were invited to a pure communist state run by God himself, I would go, because I believe him benevolent to make the right decisions, as well as all-knowing, so he knows what is best for everyone, what everyone needs, etc etc.

Marx had interesting ideas that ultimately just don't work when human nature is considered.

God isn't real.

He doesn't understand covenant theology

I find it quite endearing. That the Jew they tried to oust has ended up the cultural leader of the West for millennia

They have made God's house a house of merchandise (John 2:16)

How do you think they've been treating our houses then?

Yeah, that's something you have to take with a grain of salt when it comes to him. He says a lot of good stuff, but on other things he's totally off the mark.

James white and John piper are both good preachers

Matt slick is a good apologist

Earth is 4.5 billion years old.

Says the guy who can't know anything

youtube.com/watch?v=R7ldbrua9as

you have to keep in mind that marxism and communism is really young compared to other philosophies and the only people that really ever tried to accomplish it were a bunch of angry russians

i say give it another crack

europe didn't give up on democracy after napoleon did they ?

It's probably older senpai

?

Mao
Polpot
Not Russians
Castro
Che

Maybe, AT LEAST 4.5 billion years old then.

well a bunch of angry russians and a bunch of guys that were inspired by said angry russians

Atheist deny God, and give up knowing anything

Elaborate

James White and Matt Slick are really good at arguing for Protestantism and are great at arguing for faith-based salvation, so I have plenty of respect for them. I haven't heard of John Piper, sorry, I'll look him up.

Communism is a cancer that wants to dismantle the west. Communism in modern day wants to wipe away Christianity.
Back to
Reddit with you, fiend.

What is truth?

YouTube channel is desiring God

That which can reliably answer questions.

So truth is relative?

He doesn't understand anything like the Calvinist he is

Steven Anderson is anti Calvinist

Devils are liars, their only nature is lying and that's all they do, you want to see a devil in action? Let me show them to you.

Hey jesusbois: moved any mountains today in jesus name? Blessed any unwilling little kid with your dicks moved by the spirit of jesus? We take it you're not doing the miracles because jesus is out of batteries and not because he's a compulsive liar?

No.

Thanks m8, going there now

If there isn't God, there cannot *necessarily* be reason, nor truth, nor knowledge

But only upon faith and definition are we considered to be able to know anything factually

When you humble yourself before an ideology that promotes chastity and discipline like Christianity, you are acknowledging that the first step in knowing is that you know nothing and have a lot to learn rather than, "BWAH I'M INTELLECTUALLY SUPERIOR!"

Communism's rate of death is actually quite minor when compared to other massacres in history.

If you thought that WW2 and communism were the biggest, most disastrous massacres in history, you clearly haven't studied it beyond the 20th century

Both of them are good liars and shit. CARMs website trying to disprove the realist strain of the Eucharist in the Church Fathers is an example of that. White is even worse when practically every academic literature ever produced on the subject of Early Christianity and the Church Fathers oppose him. On Calvinism, they both fail miserably when they used pseudophilosophy

>itt:
>people who are unable to think for themselves and need someone to tell them what to think about life, universe and everything else

anyone who uses fairytales as a basis of their life has failed as a homo sapiens sapiens
you can stick with simple jobs, because your shepherd is telling you we need more street sweepers and toilet cleaners

>If there isn't God, there cannot *necessarily* be reason, nor truth, nor knowledge

That's nonsense.

>But only upon faith and definition are we considered to be able to know anything factually

Not true either.

Ehhhh, I'm looking at Venezuela and can't say I'm too impressed. And I can't say democracy is particularly good either. It eventually collapses on itself because it turns into a popularity contest, and only a minority of people educate themselves prior to decisions made by a majority. The fact of the matter is, here in the US at least, I could spend all my time researching who I should vote for president and my vote will count just as much as a guy that spends all day doing crack. I honestly believe property ownership should be brought back as a recruitment to vote, or at least asset ownership. It creates in people a vested interest to make sure they make an informed decision, ideally.

Either way, I'm unwilling to give it another go. Unless you can solve the problem of human nature, I don't see it ever working

Shoot gotta go to bed,
Put your trust in Christ or stand guilty before a just and holy god

Good. I hate Calvinism the most

Pretty ignorant to believe you need Christianity to be able to do that.

An example of James White bs exposed

Compared to the orenge it's pretty bad

Yeah, I'm not a Calvinist and I have ample respect for the Early Church Fathers and their writings.

uhhh okay, goodnight bud.

Elaborate

Well you hate God so that makes sense

Yes, and taken as a chunk of the whole world population, not so much

that's neoliberalism m8

and their god is money

besides i'm not saying bring back marxist leninism i'm saying make a new form of communism that doesn't shit on people's freedoms i know it's idealistic but great things can be accomplished with idealism

If you respect them, you read those writings under their own terms, not distorted bs

God made me do this according to Calvinism

>without god there is no reason or knowledge

Neither one of those concepts is correlated with something that probably doesn't exist.

>faith is the only way to know facts

No, what is scientific evidence?

Yeah, that's what I do.

You don't.
Christianity is one of many philosophical tools which can help you do that. It's about humility and furthering ones self through a means of religious practice. It's not based off of scientific evidence because it's not science it's a freaking philosophy.

>Christ
>bible, faith, christian, politics

You do nothing but shit on the name of Christ, how dare you be so disrespectful?

time to stop respecting James White and Matt Slick

You don't need religion to be humble. Greek philosophers understood this long before Christianity.

I don't care how you want to spin it, evidence and verification is important, without that there is no reason why anyone should believe in something.

>great things can be accomplished with idealism

>you just gotta keep waiting
I really just want thing to rev up already im so tired...

>Neither one of those concepts is correlated with something that probably doesn't exist.

State the probability formulae for calculating the probability of something existing

>No, what is scientific evidence?

Based upon axiomatic principles of investigation (belief in naturalism, the generalisability of theories into natural """laws""", the discoverability of knowledge, among others)

So I have a legitimate question if you faggots are willing to answer in an intelligent manner

Ever since my life got shook pretty hard three years ago, I feel like I've slowly been losing my faith. Sure, I am Catholic, and yes I will always stand by that whenever someone asks me, but the last time I remember going to church was last Christmas. The last time before that was the last Christmas before that. I haven't been to confession in well over four years, I haven't talked to a priest in probably over six, and I feel like my faith is slipping away from me.

I feel like I need some reminder as to why I'm Catholic, but I've never gotten around to finding it myself. I've just been lackadaisically waiting for my faith to come back to me, and I know that's not enough. You bro's think talking to a priest would help me out? Should I go full autismo and take a trip to Rome? Or would just getting back to church be a good step in the right direction and work from there?

Thanks in advance niggers.

And that's where you're 100% wrong.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=AT78qquLJPM
Religious practice is a tool for people to use to better and improve ones lifestyle choices, you don't NEED Christianity to become a better person or become a humble person, the core principles of Christianity and religion in general dictate that you should do good for the sake of doing good and in that you will be a whole human being. It's not based on evidence because once again it's not a science. God is not a being, he's a concept.

>State the probability formulae for calculating the probability of something existing

Bayesian analysis.