What do you guys think about future Marvel films?

What do you guys think about future Marvel films?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iHc4PtHxX44
weeklystandard.com/the-crash-of-1993/article/573252
marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Donald_Trump_(Earth-65)
bleedingcool.com/2016/09/16/dc-comics-humiliates-marvel-with-august-2016-marketshare-as-diamond-sets-a-record-month-of-sales/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They have a future unlike Marvel comics. Marvel sales the lowest they've been since the 90s. No one wants their shoehorned diversity and SJW pandering. They don't want their beloved characters killed off for women and blacks to take their place.
DC realized that and rebooted again, Marvel will in the next few years.

2 kinds of people are dumb enough to still read comics, kids, and they aren't super into politics and bullshit, and many of them are white. And fanboys who read because they liked x character and don't want them replaced for diversity.

If they were smart, and they obviously aren't rather than replacing a character and hoping the surgically removed the love and fanbase to a new gender/race, they'd just make a new character, and give them new and interesting storylines.

Hmm, he looks like someone... On the tip of my tongue... Can't place it...

Can someone help me out?

I know, right? But I'm also stumped.

Really makes your grey matter scintillate.

But what does MODAAK stand for?

>They don't want their beloved characters killed off for women and blacks to take their place.

Riri was the final straw for me. I pirate the few comics that I read now.

So brave

Mental Organism Designed As America's King

I don't want Vision to die, but he will.
I don't want Cap to die and be replaced by Falcon, but he probably will.
I want Daredevil or Wilson Fisk to make an appearance in a Spider-Man movie down the line, but they probably won't.
Infinity War might be cool.

I think superhero movies are garbage for complete retards and if you want to discuss them you should get your fat, manchild as back to Sup Forums.

Their ok as far as mainstream quality go. Needs cohesion and separation at the same time. They also need to learn how to make a third act.

youtube.com/watch?v=iHc4PtHxX44

Alec Baldwin?

Does that mean he's going to be an MCU movie, like what they did with SLJ?

They have a formula, it's pretty predictable, which is bad. But also sometimes the stakes don't seem high enough, even though there's a bunch of explosions and CG destruction which would have been amazing to see 15 years ago.

ya wanna know how i know you guys dont read comics cause riri hasn't been iron man yet and all those replaced characters you talk about didnt get replaced or at least replaced recently

ironman is currently dr.doom this isnt even the first time iron man got replaced rhodes was iron man for a while captain america isnt black he's still himself and wolverine is currently dead

This may be all true for comic book sales, but I don't see any of that having an impact on the movie franchise. Most of these Marvel films are based off the Silver Age versions of the characters and don't stray too far from the path that we adults remember from our comic-reading days.

So the cinematic Spider-Man remains a white high school Peter Parker who either lives with his aunt or can barely pay the rent vs. whatever gimmick-of-the-month shit they're doing on the printed pages these days.

they need to bring best girl back from the dead

>Cap will be a hurr durr resistance fighter
>Tony will see in time that the government is just using him
>they will unite and will fight the evil government and the evil cosmic threat

They have to go beyond the save the world thing. Raimi's Spiderman fights for Family, Del Toro's Hellboy fights for companionship, Nolan's Batman fights for his city, and in X2, They fight for acceptance. MCU forgot to have simple plot points.

I said two people read comics, kids and adult fanboys. I'm neither. But it seems every headline about Marvel comics is x character is now a woman or a minority.
(not) Iron man, fem Thor, Ms. Marvel, Captain America, black Spider-man, Chinese Hulk, fem Wolverine. Granted Marvel has at least two universes going in parallel, I'm just going off what I read.

Yeah killing off characters for sales isn't new, but it doesn't work. People might buy the issue where it happens, but there's a reason why the heroes always end up returning.
And diversity doesn't work either. Not that minorities or women have no place in comics, but replacing established character with them because you are too lazy to think of a new idea, and you just want to carry over the fanbase to this new person also doesn't work. Marvel will realize that, they already have but they are in denial, and will reboot in 5 years mark my words.

I made it clear I wasn't referring the movies.

Cap won't die. Chris Evans thought about leaving, but changed his mind. He tried directing and stuff but it didn't work, so he realized Marvel is all he's got.

People (mostly desperate DCcucks) talk about MCU movies having a formula, as if that was a bad thing.
They do have a formula, but it clearly WORKS for the majority of critics and the general audience.

That's all that matters.

Countless hit TV shows have hundreds of episodes, hundreds of hours, that are pretty much the same, yet people love them.

fuck off and die on the way there, thanks

Should have went with MODOMAGA

tfw to intelligent for a coherent plot

LITERALLY SHAKING

Am i the only one that thinks marvel movies are all the same? Also the last time i went to go see a movie, i think it was rogue one. 8/10 of the adverts were for marvel shit, couldn't believe it.

not an arguement

>give them new and interesting storylines.
so you're saying it's hopeless

Expect a soft reboot of the comics after Infinity War and a scaling back of the SJW faggotry.

Marvel comics have always been liberal. X-Men has always been very openly and very obviously a metaphor for civil rights. They weren't any more liberal in the 90s. Sales being low had nothing to do with any kind of politics, but rather speculation: weeklystandard.com/the-crash-of-1993/article/573252

Most people I know who read comics today aren't that political and simply don't care, which is a good way to go about comics if you ask me.

As for rebooting the comics, it didn't really work any of the times DC tried it, and didn't really work when Marvel tried it with their Ultimates comics.

You sure showed me.

I didn't even say anything remotely Sup Forums you literal faggot.

>giant head with tiny little legs sticking out of its chin sat inside of a giant gold helmet
Am i seeing this right

>As for rebooting the comics, it didn't really work any of the times DC tried it
Aren't DC comics relatively higher now after the ended the SJW heavy nu52. I mean western comics have been dying since the 80s and it'll never sell as well as they did in the silver age, kids have videogames, movies, and social media, but still.

They need to stop wasting all their villains. You don't HAVE to kill the big baddie off in a spectacular explosion every film. Or just pointlessly waste them in the first 5 minutes like Crossbones.

>Runaways
Someone take Whedon out in the capeshit scene already.

That's more because the New 52 erased a lot of continuity and people were pissed about that, while Rebirth brought back a ton of continuity and essentially brought most books back to basics. Removing the SJW shit is a nice bonus but it's not the main reason why it's doing so good

Without Marvel, Chris Evans is basically Lucas Lee.

Interest has been waning for the Marvel movies since at least Avengers 2. I think the phase 3 movies, at best, will do as well as Doctor Strange: they'll be okay, but won't be anything amazing and people will forget about them pretty much after they're done. There's just no hype left for these films. And it's not just the audience who are bored with these movies, the actors are pretty much done with them, too. It's pretty clear they're going to kill Iron Man and probably some of the other main characters for Infinity War (in fact, I feel fairly confident Iron Man's will die at the end of Part I).

As for phase 3, they upcoming movies will all do okay. Black Panther won't do as well because China won't go see it. I have a feeling that GotG 2 is going to piss off and disappoint a lot of the fanboys of the first film (in other words, redditdotcom will hate it). Spider-Man will do well. Thor 3 will hopefully be better than Thors 2 and 1. Ant-Man & The Wasp and Captain Marvel should be alright. Infinity War Part I will probably do alright as well, but Part II probably won't (this has been true of other movie franchises where they split up the last movie, because people who didn't see Part I don't want to go see Part II).

After phase 3, they're going to scale back a ton. Best option for them is to focus on doing Netflix stuff and maybe do one theatrical film a year.

Yep. Basically, they rebooted, people hated it, so they unrebooted.

Reboots in comics seem like a good idea. It seems like decades of backstory is a huge barrier of entry, and that, by removing the backstory, you'll attract new readers. The problem is it never works out. People who don't read comics don't know about these reboots, the word never gets out, and so they never really attract new readership (I'm sure they get some new readers, but not enough). At the same time, reboots piss off long time readers, who enjoyed all the backstory and "lore" and callbacks and continuity and probably are frequent comic book wiki editors.

I think what actually gets new readers are things like these movies. In the 90s, stuff like Batman The Animated Series and the X-Men Animated Series helped introduce kids to comics and make new readers. Same with the old Adam West Batman show.

I'm pretty sure Whedon hasn't been involved with Marvel since Age of Ultron.

Does "alright" mean over a billion dollars?

I think Infinity War Part I will hit a million, provided there's no missteps before then, but it'll also have a much larger budget than the other films in phase 3.

I don't think anything else is going to hit a million, though.

>million
Meant billion.

>Tfw wish edward norton was still the hulk
>Tfw we will never see tobey as spiderman again
It hurts, why replace the all stars with literal whos?

>Kiss me. I'm dying.

Every time.

>implying tobey was anyone before spider-man

this M.O.D.A.A.K.* has very tiny hands or is it me?

tru but he is best spiderman, he even made 3 enjoyable.

marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Donald_Trump_(Earth-65)

>Tfw wish edward norton was still the hulk
Meh, Ruffalo is alright, and Hulk will never get his own movie so it doesn't matter
>Tfw we will never see tobey as spiderman again
I really don't think Tobey was a good Spider-Man he was just in good Spider-Man movies, two at least. Better than that wiener nosed brit, but that doesn't say much.
I think this new kids might be alright, he was good in Civil War.

>Marvel had almost a third more comics on sale in August than DC Comics. 93 comics to DC’s 75.

>Yet DC Comics destroyed Marvel Comics on marketshare through August across the board, and placed 9 titles in the top 10.

DC market share: 39%
Marvel: 30%

bleedingcool.com/2016/09/16/dc-comics-humiliates-marvel-with-august-2016-marketshare-as-diamond-sets-a-record-month-of-sales/

What went wrong?

lib fags literally shaking because a pompous reality star beat one of the most corrupt politicians in America.

From what I can tell most people are projecting Guardians of the Galaxy to top a billion, with Spider-Man: Homecoming having a decent chance too.