Ultra Music Festival Thread

Anyone watching the stream?
ultramusicfestival.com/

I think there is only one channel on now:
youtube.com/watch?v=hlwOxnbCa5I

Attached: ultramusicfest_800large.jpg (800x800, 90K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zdWepsm3gTY
youtube.com/watch?v=K8kmlve0pNc
youtube.com/watch?v=8XtqUOegCv8p
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I used to like ultra threads every year on Sup Forums

was comfy

Very. I hope we get a good one this year, maybe a bit later this will pick up steam?

Attached: 2018-03-23 17.19.31.jpg (4032x3024, 1.59M)

The spider is closed down for 90min, they said in the chat is was because of artist approval (B Traits probably being a cunt)

Megastructure is live:
youtube.com/watch?v=zdWepsm3gTY

2014's stream threads were the best desu

Christian Smith b2b B.Traits is why the Arcadia is not streaming right now, they wouldn't give artist permission. B Traits is such shit, probably did the world a service.

Attached: 1423292388484.jpg (225x225, 14K)

Even /r9k/ has had some good Ultra threads, of all places.

Not a fan
I feel like a lot of stuff ultra is just resistance = boring house where it doesn't go anywhere exciting, or mainstage which is just bigroom shit, not always good. I miss old trance, thats more of euphoria in music. Also I don't know/see any dubstep artists on the lineup

I kinda agree with you, although I do like some progressive house which you might classify as boring. I just miss the stuff that makes you want to dance but isn't pop music. I miss the old upbeat house mixes and stuff from the early 00s. When there was still some disco vibe left in it all. The french did it really well.

I don't hate all house I guess just not this lady lol.
youtube.com/watch?v=K8kmlve0pNc
Mix of mine I like

A mix* not mine.

>female dj's
ugh

you just outed yourself lad

ths is lit desu I might pop a molly for this stream

just tuned in for flg

did i miss anything cool today?

The artists this year sucks, more so than usual.
Only ones I llike are Kaskade, Sub Focus and Crystal Method.
Infected Mushroom, Porter (Virtual Self) and Modestep are good too

>all shit
congrats you're the problem

Stefano Noferini was pretty good.

What are you talking about bub

you

is there really even a reason to dislike infected mushroom except hating fun

yes, liking good music

>female dj's

such a staggering post, brimming with wit and insight

>ultra music fest
the fest is shit
majority shitty mainstream music with non stop shitty drops
and people waving flags from their countries
lmao

>said the newfag

hurr durr infected mushroom

no u

Attached: 1416528250143.jpg (800x800, 66K)

>watch other people enjoy themselves to bad music

but muh Kaskade

>sub focus
>past 2013

That’s just bad anyway. He’s lost his touch after the second album

cringe : the post

techno is not EDM

fuck deadmouse

>not streaming Laidback Luke today

i mean like fuck you ultra!

i just tuned in and tried to listen to the music for a little bit,
and i just couldn't ... cheap drops all the time
majority of the mainstream music is disgusting and i cant even listen to it ironically

EDM must be so boring that they have to come here to talk shit

Virtual Self is shit

EDM is dead

is there a general for electronic music
dub dnb techno house trance jungle neuro ?!

I haven’t even bothered with it. I want porter back, not this

>tfw i'm the best dj on Sup Forums

/bleep/

Good shit

uhhhh yeah no

battle me, bet you won't

You are dead, kid

just mark today down as the day you got BTFO by the best dj on Sup Forums

nora is ok

give me some mix you did
ill judge you harshly

you've all ready heard me. im signed and been on bbc radio 1

if you're not william beaven i dont care tbqh
but sounds cool nevertheless, what kind of music do you make
dnb?i listened the other day the nex mix from spy
pretty good must say
high as fuck, give me something to listen to

CULTURAL APPROPRIATION

Attached: file.png (1600x900, 1.75M)

CANT WAIT FOR AFROJACK!

I don't understand
You ocassionally see these fit dudes in festivals and shit but a weekend of beers would be enough to make those abs disappear
What do they even do while there?

Damn these Ultra threads used to be super active, now it's so fukn dead out here.

EDM is pretty much dead. It was a terrible mainstreaming of electronic music into generic bro garbage.

Sup Forums is fucked, too many needledrop watching underage retards riding the memerap trend or newfags still listening to rock, the board is shite and slow af

main stage EDM got too shit, even for its own standards

theres no one even here to care though, if this was Sup Forums we'd be on the 4th thread by now

up to 2014-2015, we had very good UMF threads, but the music got extremely too shitty (that Hardstyle/Big Room/Trap hybrid that the big names play is nauseating) and people stopped caring about the festival
Very sad really, at least the Coachella threads are still good

The music was always shite, it was the banter and laughing at people that made the threads.

2016 threads were still very active, 2017 was much weaker and now it's just dead

Declining interest + awful lineup

Hopefully the EDC threads will be better

who /tiesto/ here?

this set is fucking JUST and I actually like a bit of new tiesto.

>a weekend of beers would be enough to make those abs disappear
that is really not how it works

he's just warming up the crowd for afrojack

Attached: diet-1.png (500x482, 336K)

What good electronic is left? There is either a boring Carl Cox set - which is basically the same thing it was twenty years ago, bullshit trap music, pop-dance, or over-serious techno...which you can't even dance to.

Attached: 1423278193831.png (412x351, 74K)

Prydz tomorrow!

I'm a male model and extremely fit year round. I can drink, but you are absolutely right I can't really "party drink". I could never say "fuck it." But I have fun anyways. I go to parties, clubs, bars or whatever. I'd have some beers on the weekend. But I can't have some beers on Friday, then some more on Saturday, then more on Sunday watching the game, and so on.

You can certainly go to these types of things and not get trashed or high and still have a good time. And I think it helps I was never that big on getting too fucked up anyways.

Now as far as whatever the fuck he is wearing, I donno. I never was one to walk around with my shirt off just because I am fit.

Thanks, yeah I liked him last year. Pryda or Prada or something is his alter-ego too, right?

>Pryda
Yep. Also Cirez D which is his techno alias.

are you stupid? or just really white
>not being able to dane to techno

Techno you can, but now everything is MINIMAL techno which is fine if you are playing some videogame in the background but not worth shit to dance to.

Maceo plex killing it rn

Everyone looks so fucking bored at Ultra.

Full of vest-wearing Americans frowning whilst shielding "their girl" in case some "dude" knocks her whilst actually dancing or something.

You lads should come over here and go to a warehouse rave or whatever. Fun as fuck even when there's a ton of fights. Got my tickets for Jon Hopkins in Manchester when his new album comes out, cannot wait.

Anyway, you can tell "EDM™" is dying when people like Dmitri Vegas & Like Mike are apparently the big names, cunts who literally confess to using ghost producers and just going on stage to throw champagne or whatever boring shit yanks do.

Attached: uk-1030-189236-back.jpg (1024x728, 215K)

Oh but I'm also very white, thankfully.

It's too shit to even enjoy ironically anymore. 2016 was the last good thread coz deadmau5 played on stream twice, everyone was screaming fuck drumpf and it was just generic EDM being played which made it entertaining to shitpost about but last year it was just hip-hop/trap shit and this year it's the same. Ultra also fucked up the stream times and YouTube chat is even worse than Twitch chat because it's full of Brazilians and there's no Twitch emotes. People are actually taking the chat seriously.

All you brits are right here in Miami now friendo. Also Ultra is hardly just Americans.

>Jon Hopkins
Oh yeah that's really something to dance to kek.

>Anyway, you can tell "EDM™" is dying when people like Dmitri Vegas & Like Mike are apparently the big names
I think there is pop-EDM and then there is electronic music, listened too by mostly different crowds. I mean you don't find someone listening to Amelie Lens at a Tiesto show or vice versa.

Trust me lad, any Brit at Ultra right now is an absolute spastic.

>>Jon Hopkins
>Oh yeah that's really something to dance to kek.

Unfortunately it seems you are too. How can you not know how to move to absolute throbbing bangers like this?

youtube.com/watch?v=8XtqUOegCv8p

>5 minutes of my life i can't get back

is that dancing or are they having a seizure?

>tiesto so bored he's playing adagio for strings

you would play it too if it was your track

only during sex with your mother

wtf is a marshmello? yep EDM is dead get over it

It sounds like you're listening to endless build-ups with no exciting part.

>only one post of a festival slut in the thread
>it has no replies
wow these ultra threads really have fallen apart

Attached: cara-wots.jpg (1280x1920, 159K)

Yeah that's kind of my problem with electronic music now. It lost the fun part. I agree it got pretty cheesy for a while with the beach house type stuff and obviously trance, but, now it has bridged into either pop music or these endless cycles with no payoff. Like the other user said you can't even really dance to it.

AFROJACK YAS!

The Arcadia Spider stream is kino

There's zero groove to it whatsoever. Not even a little.

trance ruined everything. it's lifeless

too bad he played the most boring techno ever

I think house music, especially in the 90s and early 00s was probably a highlighted time. I love the Mark Farina "Mushroom Jazz" CDs.

i agree now it's just which shitty DJ's have the most social media following. it wasn't meant to be like this