Why haven't we really seen any major documentaries about American Christianity since Jesus Camp in 2006?

Why haven't we really seen any major documentaries about American Christianity since Jesus Camp in 2006?

Surely with the increasing atheism/secularism in society this kind of stuff would sell like hotcakes to showcase fringe religious beliefs.

youtube.com/watch?v=qJN7AHZflfM

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QlBA2zp992c
youtube.com/watch?v=TW11P0_IsP4
youtube.com/watch?v=RNCoevpt5TE
youtube.com/watch?v=ta9LSx8-9Vc
youtube.com/watch?v=rOH37W0jPpA
youtube.com/watch?v=t6AtATP4Uwc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Is he literally, dare I say it, /ourguy/?

bump

youtube.com/watch?v=QlBA2zp992c

Religion isn't popular with millennials but neither is atheism. They're all "spiritual" idiots who see criticizing religion, even Christianity, as fedora tipping.

Because muh religious freedom now means you're not allowed to criticize other peoples stupid believes and not that they are free to believe what they want.

Daily reminder that Steven Anderson:
>believes the holocaust never happened
>believes Jesus wore pants
>believes it is a sin for a man to pee sitting down
>belives that the King James Version of the Bible is more accurate than the Greek and Hebrew texts it's based on
>stresses that he is not a protestant, he's a Baptist

Capitalist priests are the worst. Why are they trying to make money and sell shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=TW11P0_IsP4
>unlike most preachers that are a spiritual babe and christ, so they get bullied and picked on by the fags.
>I'm the one who has the guts to preach against them.

>>believes the holocaust never happened
Fine.

>>believes Jesus wore pants
Wat.

How does this matter one way or the other?

>>believes it is a sin for a man to pee sitting down

This sounds a little exaggerated.

>>belives that the King James Version of the Bible is more accurate than the Greek and Hebrew texts it's based on

Probably more nuanced than this.

>>stresses that he is not a protestant, he's a Baptist

Sounds like arguing semantics, not exactly the most important of things.

The only problem I have with him honestly is the shilling for how fine and dandy miscegenation is. I get that it would be fine if he didn't bother with the issue, but the fact that he goes out of his way to approve of it and promote leftist nonsense about how we're all the same bothers me.

Funny as shit though overall and he brings up a lot of accurate biblical points.

Post the Robin Williams one.

>>believes it is a sin for a man to pee sitting down
>This sounds a little exaggerated.
It's not.
youtube.com/watch?v=RNCoevpt5TE

>>believes Jesus wore pants
>How does this matter one way or the other?
Jesus did not wear pants, but Steven can't bring himself to admit it.
youtube.com/watch?v=ta9LSx8-9Vc

>Capitalist priests are the worst. Why are they trying to make money and sell shit.

What's wrong with making money? Man's got to eat my friend. Plus he has like 9 kids and it's not like he has a mega-church to support him (his church isn't very big).
>inb4 an atheist tries to post Dawkins-tier talking points with the mandatory "eye of the camel" line

youtube.com/watch?v=rOH37W0jPpA

youtube.com/watch?v=t6AtATP4Uwc

Here you go.

The peeing video sounds more like a rant against our emasculated society and making a point that men should pee normally, I don't think he's saying "if you've ever peed while sitting down you're basically fucked and will burn for all eternity."

>and making a point that men should pee normally

>normally

There is no normality in the way a man can urinate because there are no restrictions. You can successfully take a piss in every position nigga.

>There is no normality in the way a man can urinate because there are no restrictions. You can successfully take a piss in every position nigga.

"Normality" is not dependent upon what is possible, in fact the idea is kind of predicated on the existence of possible alternatives.

Trying to keep your pants held up by your ankles while you do a handstand and hoping it doesn't hit your face obviously isn't a "normal" way of pissing compared to just standing up and pissing from the upright position.

People have no problem criticizing Christianity.

Because atheist are all retarded NEETs with no money. No one makes a film intending for it to be only viewed by those who pirate it.

Unlike Islam and the jewish faith, right? No one ever complains about them.
Anyway, what i meant is more the attitude
> how dare you show that to person x
> it doesnt support his spiritual world view
> so you're attacking his freedom to believe whatever nonsense he wants

Well said. The audience exists, except the people you would market it towards would never pay to see it.

Although I think Bill Maher could probably make some spinoff show on HBO that might be successful.

>Unlike Islam and the jewish faith, right? No one ever complains about them.

Not in Western countries, at least. No one wants to get attacked by Muslims/liberals, and criticizing Jews will get you outcast as a neo-nazi at best or arrested at worst depending on if your country outlaws "anti-antisemitism" or not.

Obviously Muslims give absolutely zero fucks criticizing Judaism.

kek

>It's a christfag pretends his fairy skyfather is real thread

But to be fair, people like Sam Harris or the Amazing Atheist do attack Islam.