Just face it. Jazz has been dead for years. All the greats are gone or going, there's no one to fill their shoes...

Just face it. Jazz has been dead for years. All the greats are gone or going, there's no one to fill their shoes. Anyone else still trying is beating a dead horse.

>le thinking man's genre
Kys. The only people who listen to jazz are pretentious pricks who don't even understand music theory but want to feel sophisticated.

Attached: images (1).jpg (513x287, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OPkjnRIdQXQ
youtube.com/watch?v=62p-CXrYmf4
youtube.com/watch?v=fAdxJPTiCY0
youtube.com/watch?v=0bMQkIPpvdg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

We get it, you get all your music from Fantano

What does jazz even mean to you? Are you imagining people in tuxedos dancing in a ballroom?

>Jazz is a dead genre, therefore we should stop listening to it despite there being literally thousands of good albums released in the 20th century
Were you born retarded?

We have a resident anti-jazz spammer now? Bathing in your butthurt, my man.

Attached: 1393637516128.jpg (500x409, 114K)

>the 20th century was 20 years ago

Sup Forums keeps finding new ways to be retarded

How many jazz albums released in the last 5 years have you listened to?

Name them.

>only recent music matters
underageb&

The great jazz age was from 1900-1950

That was probably the peak of jazz in the mainstream.

there was a lull in the 60's as rock took over, but in the 70's jazz fusion appears. And while jazz is no longer mainstream, its still a fun creative art.

Jazz fuses with pop, punk, hip hop, electronic and other genres.

My favorite is acid jazz

youtube.com/watch?v=OPkjnRIdQXQ

I know this is bait, but i really wish people would stop trying to push the narrow minded idea that if something is old its bad

what then happens when a young man who is completely ignorant of all things musical finds jazz and becomes so consumed by its mysteries that he dedicates his blood to mastering music such that he could improvise in the tradition revived by parker, tristano, davis and evans, coltrane and rollins?

to then find his way to the originators of improv in ancient african rhythms and in the wonders of bach and beethoven, and the methods of satie and debussy.

what then user? is this man, now a master of musical styles, a pretentious prick? or has he become something greater by walking the path to parnassus; all begat from a moment of pure inspiration upon seeing, truly witnessing, through jazz, the pure light of being. a forgotten mode of existence modern people have turned their back upon in favor of satiation of the base pleasures provided by more "popular" forms of music. some repulsive malignance siphoned from opera.

you dont get it because you dont play it. and sure those narcissists who parade it around trying to score social points for enjoying something ostensibly mysterious are vulgar, unfortunate little people who provide for jazz little more than the association of a divine idiom with a degenerate personality.

i wouldnt expect you to understand, just pay the cover to the venue for my gig when you try to appear sophisticated to some stupid young thing youre trying desperately to fool into your bed.

There was no lull in the 60s bitch

youtube.com/watch?v=62p-CXrYmf4

I like you, user.

youtube.com/watch?v=fAdxJPTiCY0

Rock is a dead genre also. Should we just listen to nothing but Trap and Pop now?

Yes, trap and pop are the only other genres.

if you do that you might as well cut your balls off too

>pretentious pricks who don't even understand music theory
Top tier irony.

>All the greats are gone or going,
Eat my spaghetti, the best one is working on an album as we speak.

God damn it if I included the image it would've been perfect.

Attached: HerbieHancock.png (1200x1200, 1.98M)

>Just face it. Jazz has been dead for years.
Okay, at least I've got 50+ years of music to listen to. Rock music is pretty stagnant at the moment, guess we should also stop bothering with it once it's "dead".

>Kys. The only people who listen to jazz are pretentious pricks who don't even understand music theory but want to feel sophisticated.

What about the black audience that listened to it in its heyday that had no knowledge of theory? Guess they were just a bunch of pretentious assholes as well.

OP fucked off after the first post, can we just talk about contemporary jazz now?

youtube.com/watch?v=0bMQkIPpvdg

It's not irrelevant just because it was before you were born.

Can you rec me some nice nu-jazz and math/post rock fusion similar to Jizue? Their rolling piano rhythms over the dreamy guitar melodies just absolutely hook me.

Look up the Backpage in your area, user.

Not off the top of my head but get in here

Most retarded post I've ever seen on here.
And I've seen a lot of shit

>Kys. The only people who listen to jazz are pretentious pricks who don't even understand music theory but want to feel sophisticated.

What's some complex music (excluding classical) that isn't for pretentious pricks who don't even understand music theory then?

Attached: kys.jpg (225x225, 8K)

The idea that you need an extended knowledge on theory is, for the most part, silly. Music is intuitive and a general understanding of intention is there. It's no different from language. In this case this language is more expressive than analytic. Theory is for those that want to understand that language in all aspects. That said, even a "pleb" can get jazz.