>The Cribs
>Yeah Yeah Yeahs
>Razorlight
>The Kooks
>Kasabian
>LCD Soudsystem
>Vampire Weekend
>Babyshambles
Great music, Great times. Never again will we see such a top notch era of British and American music. Lament the 2000's with me Sup Forums

Attached: katenash_07_wenn1487855.jpg (480x1212, 155K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EqkBRVukQmE
youtube.com/watch?v=ma9I9VBKPiw
youtube.com/watch?v=NdYWuo9OFAw
youtube.com/watch?v=tPnK39ax_AM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Vampire Weekend are still atound. So is Jack White and Julian Casablancas. Franz Ferdinand did FFS. Interpol will release a new album this year

I was just entering HS when this era started to die off around 2008 or so. I remember when this music started to become less popular with the growing trend of rap and hip hop lol

Do Vampire Weekend still play?

arctic monkeys are one of the biggest bands on the planet right now my mate

Attached: 1513553293144.jpg (526x468, 63K)

first album in 5 years coming in next few months, first show in 4 years later this summer. tour coming as well. this year is their return

I know, but things have changed. Maybe its just that I've changed.

I was in HS in 2002-07, the peak years of Indie rock. Rap and hip hop were already popular but it was mainstream stuff like Eminem and fiddy. Emo was huge too. I had a gf at that time who wore dark eyeliner, dyed her blond hair black and wore cutesy black hipster clothes, listening to My Chemical Romance, Jared Leto and Fall Out Boy.

I know and I still listen to them, I think they have an album out this year. However it doesn't compare to when I saw them live in 2006 and they were still playing songs off Whatever People Say I Am, Thats What I'm Not. The youthful energy at that gig made me realise I was truly alive.

Attached: 0fab173282849799e0ee2586bc62342d.jpg (936x1403, 685K)

All shite.

piss off m8 you were probably a babby when indie was at its height.

This type of music was popular from 2001-2005

The mid late 2000's was the beggning of the p4k core hipster indie rock thing. Animal collective, lcd soundsystem, arcade fire, etc.

Op is a retard. lcd and vampire weekend were mid to late 2000's not early 2000's.

Also in the background this whole time from 2001 to 2008 is some emo kid wearing a hot topic nightmare before x mas shirt

I graduated in 2009.

the early 2000's was also the twilight of pop punk and nu metal

the 8th year of a decade is really when things change.
the fetus of the 2020's is starting to form.

The early 2010's already feel like 100000 years ago

>dubstep
>edm
>lady gaga

lol

Attached: Unknown-1.jpg (275x183, 11K)

>I miss 2000's indie pop/rock
>Op is a retard. lcd and vampire weekend were mid to late 2000's not early 2000's
who the fuck ever said early?

Attached: 251717572495542c0562db.jpg (1024x768, 257K)

OP here. I never said early 2000's, the thread is for the whole decade of indie rock. I consider the Indie era lasted from 2001 with The Strokes until 2008 when it started to die off, with peak Indie being 04-07. In my opinion LCD Soundsystem peaked 2006-08, Vampire Weekend in 2008. Emo ran parallel but the scenes were different. When I started high school in 2002 there were mainstream pop plebs, skater kids (pop punk/nu metal) and goths. By the time I finished in 2007 there were Indie kids, Emos, and wiggers.

Agreed. I basically checked out of music in the late 2000's when dubstep and edm took over from indie rock/pop.

bump

the most underrated 2000s post-punk revival band is the rakes desu, I like many of the bands OP mentioned, but the rakes are fucking special.

OP, read Meet Me in the Bathroom. It's literally a book about the emergence of most of the bands you'd listed. It's an 'oral history', so the whole story is told by the people in those bands and the journalists that covered. Reads kind of like an interview of 80 different people who are taking turns telling the story. It's pretty well done, I'm almost finished with it.

youtube.com/watch?v=ma9I9VBKPiw
Every time I listen to Fluorescent Adolescent I feel such a strange sadness inside of me. Probably the best AM song.

what about the raptures? i remember they hated the strokes

I agree with that feeling of sadness. Melancholy. Its hard to describe. Similar feeling with Mardy Bum and A Certain Romance. Fluorescent Adolescent was on Favourite Worst Nightmare. Why'd You Only Call Me When You're High? was my favourite offf AM.

>>The Cribs
the definition of an underappreciated band

Attached: 247rockstarshit.jpg (500x500, 49K)

Imo this was a very dark time for western art music

Strange, that whole era of bands managed to escape me aside from White Stripes. My musical memories of the 2000s are mostly just of buttmetal, backpack rap, and shitty pop.

The Cribs were great. Im a Northern Englishman so along with my favourite band of all time Arctic Monkeys the Cribs were definitely up there. It was great having lads just older than me, who looked and sounded like me and my mates, making music about things that were relevant to us. Drinking, chasing girls, partying and trying not to get beaten up by chavs.

Right, that's because you were an edgy teen not an art major in college who wears wool.

Thanks for the recommendation, I'll give that read. British bands from that era need a similar interview style book.

wrong thread?

>ywn listen Yellow House for the first time ever again

Hold me lads

Mid to late 00s were definitely THE golden era of indie music. It was still finding its footing, and that made it exciting

So many bands only survived 3 albums. So many internet trends (remember "chillwave") gone. I still remember making fun of the Williamsburg hipster stereotype

>mfw I also remember "yo check this album by this guy name Burial, called 'Untrue' " on some UnrealTournament forum or something right after it was released

it was surreal

wanted to post pic b/c its bootiful

Attached: R-780897-1411589002-8619.jpeg.jpg (600x600, 64K)

GB shit the bed with Painted Ruins.

No it wasn't, it was the last great era for music.

Attached: allhailkinghomer.gif (375x375, 179K)

>no deerhunter
OP missed the greatest 2000's indie band

truth be told, I only like Yellow House. I can tolerate Veckatimest, but after that they tried to go waaay too polished and grandiose with the sound

That is strange. Where I live the entire music scene was indie rock. Even the local bands would try to imitate the big British and American bands, some of them were pretty good.

Literally none of the artists you mentioned, OP, are worth shit, with the exception of LCD Soundsystem.

I'd rather listen to this shit desu

Attached: R-4495126-1366512391-4852.jpeg.jpg (600x600, 69K)

They have some good songs, but this band is boring as fuck 70% of the time. He Would Have Laughed is great.

Fuck off your pretentious douche. If you aren't going to contribute to thread then don't post here.

Sup Forums was also very, dare I say, "much better" back then. Non stop sharethreads, the shitposting was reduced to tripfag drama and I LOOVE YOU JEEESUS CHRIIIIIIIISSSSSTT and the odd flavour of the month spammer

but I guess white bois moved on to post ironic nigger rap, t_d invaded Sup Forums and the rest of this website so every discussion about anything has a 50% chance of descending into Murican meme politics or trumptard screeching, and sharethreads are rare. and an overall decline in quality all across

Why don't you go back to red.dit or whichever other shithole you came from instead? You are not welcome here.

None of those are indie

Go back to your Kpop thread faggot weeb

the yeah yeah yeahs are still playing shows too

bump

Attached: Photoshoot-kate-nash-1594935-266-400.jpg (266x400, 12K)

>Rap and hip hop were already popular but it was mainstream stuff like Eminem and fiddy.
>Emo was huge too. I had a gf at that time who wore dark eyeliner, dyed her blond hair black and wore cutesy black hipster clothes, listening to My Chemical Romance, Jared Leto and Fall Out Boy.
I MISS IT

Attached: 1521480803194.gif (350x350, 1.88M)

What did he mean by this?

I miss it too. Or maybe I miss being youthful without responsibilities, free to listen to music all day hanging with mates. Chasing girls I was never going to get with, without being self conscious about being too drunk or broke. Trying to sneak into pubs and venues that when you walk through the front door as an adult seem to have lost their shine. All good things must come to an end I suppose.

Attached: Trends-From-2000s.jpg (1024x1024, 157K)

>>The Strokes
>>The White Stripes
>>The Libertines
>>Franz Ferdinand
>>Arctic Monkeys
>>The Cribs
>>Yeah Yeah Yeahs
>>Razorlight
>>The Kooks
>>Kasabian
>>LCD Soudsystem
>>Vampire Weekend
>>Babyshambles
None of these are good or worth remembering.

Attached: scaruffi.jpg (375x500, 26K)

Kate Nash is a dumb SJW hag with a career deader than her fucking barren womb. Oh wait, I just described literally every British female artist from the late 2000's/early 2010's

Picture yourself.

Its the early 2000's.

You are a few grades before junior high.

You are in the back of your parents car while they drive to go buy groceries.

The radio is playing the most generic fucking radio rock on the planet

youtube.com/watch?v=NdYWuo9OFAw

youtube.com/watch?v=tPnK39ax_AM

You just want to go home and watch xplay

Attached: 2000's.jpg (726x494, 76K)

I would literally take the dystopian hell we are currently living in before I returned the The Wes Anderson Dynasty™ era

>Show Me The Body is the face of youth counter culture on the east coast
>already seeing bands pop up that are directly influenced by them & their aesthetic
>essentially Lightning Bolt all over again
>nobody gave a rat's fuckin ass about them them 4 years ago

Wild

Most of these bands just released 1-3 good singles throughout their entire career. There's nothing to miss desu

>implying wes anderson was bad

Movies in the 2000's were still good.

Lots of indie movies, comic book movies were just beggning. The matrix, donnie darko, napoleon dynamite......wes anderson, lord of the rings, harry potter.

Movies in the 2010's just seem like avenger man part 20

I have studied the musics.

If you look at the late 50's the beatles appear

if you look at the late 60's king crimson and led zepplin appear

if you look at the late 70's new wave appears

if you look at the late 80's grunge is starting

If you look at the late 90's that shitty teen pop britney spears boy band shit appears

if you look at the late 2000's kanye steps it up and lady googa appears.

rap like pre 2007 is still baggy jeans and gangsta.

Whatever will be popular in the 2020's will appear in 2018/2019

>>>>>>>>>>>>>indie

Well I remember them.

I know that, she just looked cute back then and is a good representation of the fashion of the era.

I know that, but its the era I miss. I hated The Kooks back then but I had a gf who loved them. Would always play "She Moves In Her Own Way". A few years ago, long after me and her had broken up she was run over and killed. Now im nostalgic for The Kooks.

Movies were better in the 2000s, although they had been declining for years. I like films from the 70's and 80's best.

Best 2000's indie pop album coming thru

Attached: IMG_3718.jpg (700x700, 32K)

Bump

Attached: 20180216_160907.jpg (4128x3096, 3.53M)