POLITICAL QUOTATIONS

Post your favourite quotations regarding politics.

Philosophy is acceptable too.

Feel free to write something about why you like the quote or information on the Author.

I'm going to dump a few to get started.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TpP-n9Oqj-Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yes I know it is from CS:GO

> He who strikes terror in others is himself continually in fear. - Claudius Claudianus

First and foremost I like it because it seems to be true. Second because it is an interesting reflection on the qualities of man, and how we sometimes define ourselves by what we attempt to reject

based powell, his voice is soothing like a grandfathers should be

youtube.com/watch?v=TpP-n9Oqj-Y

nice

Hillaire Belloc

The Barbarian hopes — and that is the mark of him, that he can have his cake and eat it too. He will consume what civilization has slowly produced after generations of selection and effort, but he will not be at pains to replace such goods, nor indeed has he a comprehension of the virtue that has brought them into being...

We sit by and watch the barbarian. We tolerate him in the long stretches of peace, we are not afraid. We are tickled by his irreverence; his comic inversion of our old certitudes and our fixed creed refreshes us; we laugh. But as we laugh we are watched by large and awful faces from beyond, and on these faces there are no smiles.

Anyone here?

Last one. Can I have some recognition please.