Jackie

>expected it to be a flick
>turned out to be close to kino

Manchester By Sea was sold out so went to see this instead. It was surprisingly great, actually.

Really intense throughout, shot in a really interesting way (big emphasis on having the focus on peoples' heads- the scene where Jackie washes the blood off worked really well imo), clothes were top /fa/.

Some points that prevented it from being a true kinograph:
>John Hurt was a horrifying miscast here. He's known for his normal accent being amazing, I can't imagine why the thought it'd be a good idea to have him phone in an Irish accent. Get Brendan Gleeson to do it ffs. If all his scenes were cut it would have improved the movie.
>Child actors only had one speaking scene but it was fucking awful. Would have been better to just have alluded to Jackie going in to tell them about JFK, but not actually showing it
>Couple of weird choices with the score. Theres one scene where a soaring string piece starts playing when the journalist is talking about what her legacy would be, it made the scene fall a bit flat. Silence actually would have made it more meaningful.
>The thing with the two kids being interred was poorly explained- I'm not massively familiar with JFK's personal life, so I wasn't aware he had two children die in infancy. From the movie, it seemed like both the kids in the movie died and were buried, but that Jackie didn't make a big deal of it, which was weird.

Overall, liked it a lot more than I thought I would. Go watch it if you're at a loose end.

You forgot to mention the music. One of the best soundtracks I have ever heard. It reminded me of The Master for some reason, later found out both soundtracks resembled Stravinsky in a way.

>big emphasis on having the focus on peoples' heads
A bit disrepectful towards her husband desu

>From the movie, it seemed like both the kids in the movie died and were buried, but that Jackie didn't make a big deal of it, which was weird.
You're just retarded, user.

Really happy that Mica Levi got an Oscar nomination. Her Under the Skin score was gorgeous.

My fwb fuccgirl said it was horribly boring and only had one good scene, but she's kind of a pleb

Get out normie

I really hope Hershlag wins tonight, Huppert isn't nominated and I don't want the fucking frog to win.

What did she think was the good scene?

Some scene when Jackie is describing the assassination I think

>I really hope Hershlag wins tonight

the oscars are the 26th of February, lamebrain

The SAG Awards are tonight, niggerhead.

How'd you know I have a head?!

It's where you keep your nigger.

Oh yeah, that was good actually.

Tbf, it would have benefitted from being a little shorter, but it definitely wasn't boring.

I think a lot of women may go in expecting it to be a very Jackie-focused story, but a lot of it revolves around politics rather than just her. Women, in my experience, tend not to like polticial movies all that much

>but a lot of it revolves around politics rather than just her.
It's more about her and Bobby building a legacy for Jack, and through that Jackie gets a sense of closure, not only around the death of her husband but also the dead children that OP is talking about.

What was the symbolism behind having tops of people's head out of the composition in many shots?

BACK AND TO THE LEFT

same :3

>John Hurt

I watched Jackie two days ago, and after the film ended found out he was dead. Didn't know who he was or that he was in the film until today. Can't believe I didn't realize he was the priest

post 'Shlag kino

Why is she gripping that nude black man so hard :O

Black Swan
Knight of Cups
Jackie

is she /ourgirl/?

>blue eyes

Natural eyed Hershlag is more sensual. Brown eyes are more sensual.

I thought it was kind of boring too

Post tits

Yea right you're the one with the vagina, jackie onassis is a figurehead for stronk womyn

This movie was actually about how Jackie was fickle and manipulative and lied to the public and media so that her husband could be remembered as she wanted not as he was.