Hires young guitar player to reinvent his sound

>Hires young guitar player to reinvent his sound
>Goes on expansive world tour playing 2+ hour shows with surprisingly deep cuts and above average performances
>Reunites with Black Sabbath
>Puts out the best album he's done in 20 years
>Has an excellent farewell tour with Sabbath
>Announces solo farewell tour
>Zakk Wylde is back
>Setlist is generic as fuck
>A quarter of the set is Sabbath songs
>All songs are tuned down to C# and sound like shit
>Voice is shot

It's so disappointing when an artist milks it one time too many. The Scream tour was the perfect end to his solo career, and the End tour was the perfect end to his career in general. Now it's officially sad.

What other artists have fucked up like this?

Attached: GettyImages-Ozzy%2520Osbourne_4.png?itok=HTAK953H&c=b53350096bfc9791564c945ab182516e.png (775x515, 630K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xxixIbONuCQ
youtube.com/watch?v=g2aHIh8ojDU
youtube.com/watch?v=BTxSNosJrDo
youtube.com/watch?v=dtvdgETe4Yc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

youtube.com/watch?v=xxixIbONuCQ

Do I even have to say it?

Even if he weren't almost 70, he probably should have quit anyway just because metal simply isn't relevant in this decade. Shit, even in the 2000s metal was still alive and well and bands were signed to major labels and playing arenas.

hell be fine

What do you expect from someone who reads of a teleprompter?

source?

his voice died in the late 70's

Yeah the 2000s had some dumb, catchy buttmetal anthems like Let The Bodies Hit The Floor, but none of those bands were nearly as huge or genre-defining as the 80s giants.

lmao, spot the difference
youtube.com/watch?v=g2aHIh8ojDU
youtube.com/watch?v=BTxSNosJrDo

BB king got pretty sad, wasn't he abused? i don't know the extent of it but it really seemed like a "propping him up and collecting" type of thing towards the end though i'm sure he did what he could

He wasn't anything close to his 1964 self but he never got to the level of Chuck Berry.

youtube.com/watch?v=dtvdgETe4Yc

Here he is at 88. Not as tight of a player as he was in his prime certainly but he still has his tone.

The virgin ozzy vs the chad dio

I feel like I'm the only person in the world who liked Black Rain. Sure, the Black Sabbath and early solo stuff is god-tier, but I Black Rain was good too.

Attached: ozzyblackrain.png (1000x1000, 1.75M)

well at least now it's essentially official that metal is being begrudgingly retired as a pillar of mainstream music, except maybe wheeled out once in a while as a neat relic. all they can do is try to see it off with dignity and glory. slayer did alright. this, this is questionable

He still sells out arenas, making him one of the very last metal guys who can command an audience. He just can perform at the level needed for it. I don't know what happened, when I saw him with Sabbath two years ago he was fucking great.

One is alive.

I saw BB King a few years before he died. He was pretty good.

The thing that album has going for it is it was written by Zakk Wylde. Scream and Down to Earth were written by producers/outside writers, and so was half of Ozzmosis. Ozzy's first six albums were written by his band and it's no coincidence that the suckage started when he got away from that. It still boggles my mind that he rejected what became 1919 Eternal in favor of Down to Earth.

Mainstream is overrated anyway. Mainstream = big venues. I'd rather see a band at a club or theater than in a stadium any day.

Compared anyway to that Chuck Berry mess I linked. It was like he was just hitting random notes and there wasn't even any music there.

Ah, what would all of our teen years have been like without Cradle of Filth?

Two points:

1. Chuck Berry's songs are faster than BB King's
2. BB King wasn't performing in that video while standing up, he was seated the whole time

Maybe metal will come back in the 2020s. I mean, it was basically dormant through the 90s.

agreed, but even alternative metal is petering out compared to its heyday, big venues or otherwise. it's not at the point where cool new bands don't exist or the vanguard of the last big period have blatantly gotten too old/not giving a fuck to deliver their own music but sadly i think metal is over the hill across the board with some flashes of brilliance on the way down

I think rock and roll in general is over the hill. Starting in the seventies it splintered off and it kept splintering and splintering until now it only exists in niche subgenres that can barely sell out a theater.

for sure, its role in mainstream culture is being supplanted by hip hop. it's so obvious but if you dare point it out then people think you're celebrating. i think it sucks but it's the inevitable march of time. at least hip hop seems to be increasingly respectful of rock and willing to take influence from it. because no matter what there's never going to be a real substitute for the feel of a distorted electric guitar whether or not its genre is still relevant. or guitars period.

I really think we've reached an end game with rock guitar. There's only so many ways you can pedal a low E string before it all sounds the same. Every possible avenue has been thoroughly explored. That's why rock is dead.

I mean the hottest up and coming band right now is Greta Van Fleet, a band that only exists because they sound exactly like Led Zeppelin. Led Zeppelin has been gone for so fucking long that more than one generation has come of age in their absence, which has led to a craving for their sound from a generation that has never truly experienced it. It's just looping over now.

Regardless if it's a bit generic, there is NO replacement for e sound of distorted guitar, that sound will NOT go away

thanks, i was just trying to say that. even if it never gets used in a mainstream song ever again nothing will replace that actual sound and all the possibilities for picking within. all the avenues have been explored, but that also means there's a metric fuckton to draw from.

How cute, it thinks guitar playing is about le ebic shredder solos instead of feels/expression.

Oh fuck off with your pretentious condescension.

99% of rock is riff based music. It is inevitable that at some point they will run out of riffs to write. That is mathematical fact.

fingers and/or a pick on a string > midi controller wheels

Nobody should ever quit playing music because it's perceived to be "irrelevant".

You could say that about everything, eventually we will run out of music that sounds good.

>Oh fuck off with your pretentious condescension.
>99% of rock is riff based music. It is inevitable that at some point they will run out of riffs to write. That is mathematical fact.

Attached: trash.jpg (840x473, 122K)

absolutely. but a lot of people really are just in it for that or can't afford not to be

This is a stupid argument because a riff can be indefinitely long and within that duration lies a shitload of possibilities not just in composition but mixing and arranging too.

A huge ton of rock is based around chords rather than riffs for example 90% of punk.

A riff longer than 4 bars or so isn't really a riff.

They're still riffs if they're based on chords...

Wrong. 23/16 over eight bars of 4/4 is effectively an eight-bar riff because the whole chunk is memorized.

music can do anything
open your third eye
suck my dick

zakk wylde sucks

also he was handsome without that disgusting beard, why did he grow it?

he looks like smells and feels hungover and thirsty.

looks like he*

also i've never seen him doing anything hard on guitar