This fucking album is so full of shit...

This fucking album is so full of shit. After two full albums containing songs about heroin and transvestite drug dealers they suddenly try and switch gears and start singing about asking jesus to help them find a proper place in this world and about "beginning to see the light". If you want to switch styles that's all right but it should atleast be authentic. Fucking bullshit I say.

Attached: vu.jpg (300x300, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Lw_fWpymCDg
quora.com/Why-did-the-Velvet-Underground-start-singing-about-Jesus-on-their-third-album
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

cool

>lyrics mattering
>ever
back with you to whatever cesspool you came from

Literally the first song off that is about a transsexual prostitute.

brainlet wojak.png

The Murder Mystery is one of the most shit songs I've ever heard. Yeah let's just play the same thing over and over again and call it a song lmao

why do you need lyrics to appreciate the music? seriously, give me one (1) solid argument

>hating the only avant-garde song on the album

Why even listen to them if you only like their poppy stuff?

I actually don't like the Velvet Underground at all. """Avant-garde""" does not mean good, especially in this case. I'd rather listen to any of the rest of the album than that though. It has zno value in any way

Pleb successfully filtered.

>hating S/t

Attached: 1501864323375.jpg (279x440, 22K)

It's not uncommon for drug addicts to seek spirituality to save them from their self-destructive behavior.

John Cale made this band
Lou Reed is a self-serving kike

>It has zno value in any way
youtu.be/Lw_fWpymCDg

This analysis proves how shit the song is

are you the same dude that makes VU hate threads everyday? Just accept that youre a pleb user

John Cale doesn't deserve enough credit, even his solo work is fucking 10. But Lou Reed is the spirit of Velvet underground, no one could have written those lyrics and delivered them like Lou

John cale doesn't get enough credit* my bad

No you fucking retard, I love their first two albums. That's partly why I'm so upset about the unathentic S/T piece of shit.

the first two records present the blueprint to indie rock and noise rock, also throws in a dream pop song for good measure. at the samd time the band becomes the world's first drone band on the side.

the selftitled creates indie pop and twee pop. while other brittish bands have sounds reminiscent of what comes to represent those genres, lou's the first to write in a sweet but snarky sarcastic deadpan tone.

they're a good band, and they simply continued innovating. cale was intrinsic to those first two albums, but that doesn't take away from the greatness of the third.

if you can't see its value in music history you simply haven't heard a wide enough range of music yet

Attached: IMG_20180325_113254.jpg (1080x959, 167K)

The religious references are all at the expense of actual religious people, there's even a song about how religious belief is a delusion

It's still totally Lou Reed, the next album is where The Velvet Underground stopped existing and it just became a garbage factory producing more works with the name

> not understanding irony
How can you be so american

It is not irony at all. See quora.com/Why-did-the-Velvet-Underground-start-singing-about-Jesus-on-their-third-album