CULT OF BLOOD SACRIFICE

I grew up as a Christian, and consider myself to still be Christian (at least culturally). But the more I revisit the major tenants of Christianity, the more bizarre it all seems to me.

A major premise of Christianity is that an ultimate blood sacrifice was required to save us and please God. Christians are so obsessed with this blood sacrifice that they enact a ritual of symbolic cannibalism from the sacrifice every Sunday with the sacrament.

Christianity is also the only major religion that uses a symbol of torture and blood sacrifice as their main religious symbol.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dying-and-rising_god).
pastebin.com/xMQ9wAwW
youtube.com/watch?v=AktUXmQnSRU
express.co.uk/news/world/614355/Blood-soaked-Islamic-ritual-scalps-cut-machetes
twitter.com/AnonBabble

muh love

>A major premise of Christianity is that an ultimate blood sacrifice was required to save us and please God. Christians are so obsessed with this blood sacrifice that they enact a ritual of symbolic cannibalism from the sacrifice every Sunday with the sacrament.
>Christianity is also the only major religion that uses a symbol of torture and blood sacrifice as their main religious symbol.
And?

>Christianity is also the only major religion that uses a symbol of torture and blood sacrifice as their main religious symbol.
you might wanna google islam

It's bizarrely barbaric and primitive in it's nature.

Why would a God need to be so blood thirsty that he requires a blood sacrifice to please him or "atone for sins"?

christianity is an abrahamic religion

so there's your explanation for the extreme violence3 and blood lust.

Their symbol isn't literally an ancient torture device or blood sacrifice.

Did you mean to reply in a different thread?

>It's bizarrely barbaric and primitive in it's nature.
No

>Why would a God need to be so blood thirsty that he requires a blood sacrifice to please him or "atone for sins"?
Because death is the consequence of sin. It isn't revenge on behalf of God, it's just that sin and sinners cannot enter heaven

>You are imperfect, in your imperfection you offend God
>Your offences demand punishment
>God is just; He must punish
>God loves you; He wants to be merciful
>Enter Scapegoat (Protip: It's God)
>Scapegoat is perfect; doesn't deserve punishment
>God mercilessly punishes what did not deserve punishment
>Punishment done; Justice and Mercy served
>To enjoy absolution from imperfection you need to understand and accept the scapegoats sacrifice
>Prophet

>Prophet
kek

The point is before Christ you would sacrifice lambs or virgins on the alter.
Christ was the final sacrifice that let us move beyond that.

>No

Yes, it's very bizarre. If I presented the same concept to you in a different form, like the sacrifice of innocent virgins by the Aztecs to appease the Gods who were angry at the sins of humans... you would likely dismiss it as bizarre.

>Because death is the consequence of sin.

Then why did a pure and innocent body need to be punished and sacrificed instead of those who sinned? It makes no sense, why is the suffering and death of an innocent necessary?

Do you know what a scapegoat is, or where the term originated from?

A "scapegoat" was an innocent goat that represented the sins of all the people and was sacrificed to atone for those sins.

Christ was a scapegoat, and he represented the sacrificial ritual observed in many primitive and barbaric religions.

>Yes, it's very bizarre
Well sorry you're right. For you of course it is bizarre since that is subjective. I just don't see how

>like the sacrifice of innocent virgins by the Aztecs to appease the Gods
No sacrifices are a pretty logical physological coping mechanism. I understand it I just disagree

>Then why did a pure and innocent body need to be punished and sacrificed instead of those who sinned?
I honestly don't know.

>It makes no sense, why is the suffering and death of an innocent necessary?
To serve justice I assume. Sin lays on mankind and deems it deserving of death. So the only one not deserving of death takes that penalty as explained much better than I. I will look up church officialss' statements to that but not sure if this thread is still up then

>Christ was a scapegoat, and he represented the sacrificial ritual observed in many primitive and barbaric religions.
Yeah I guess

>implying it's symbolic.

Protestant confirmed.

>No sacrifices are a pretty logical physological coping mechanism.

It's certainly a human coping mechanism, I don't know about logical.

>I honestly don't know.

You've never asked yourself this? You just generally accepted that God needed innocent blood to atone?

>To serve justice I assume.

It's not justice if the innocent is punished.

>Sin lays on mankind and deems it deserving of death.

Seems like the same reasoning that the Aztecs used for sacrificing virgins.

>So the only one not deserving of death takes that penalty as explained much better than I.

Perhaps I'm wrong, but it seemed to me like he was pointing out blatant absurdities in the narrative. Because it is very absurd.

>Yeah I guess

Yes, and a scapegoat is a very human coping mechanism. You are releasing yourself from responsibility by sacrificing the innocent, it isn't logical at all.

>You've never asked yourself this?
Yes I have. I'm struggling to put it into words for someone who doesn't share the understanding of sin as catholics.
Sorry

>It's not justice if the innocent is punished.
It's taking the "punishment" (read consequence) of mankind being in the state of sin. I will try give a more elaborate response from the cathechism in the next post wait a couple mins

>Seems like the same reasoning that the Aztecs used for sacrificing virgins.
Yes and no. It's not to appease a violent God but rather "clean the record".

Christianity was just an invention by the roman empire to placate the masses with a religion with a bunch of pagan rituals heaped on.

>You are releasing yourself from responsibility by sacrificing the innocent, it isn't logical at all.

The logic is inherent to the reconciling concept of the scapegoat itself. Justice is completely logical. An eye for an eye makes perfect sense. Mercy, however is absolutely illogical because why should someone not be punished for their crimes? Yet Mercy can be very useful. It can reconcile people, create new allies, end cycles of violence, etc. In this realist sense it could be considered "logical." By the same token imagine if an important foreign man murders someone and his state threatens war if he is executed? Then Justice could be seen as "illogical." The scapegoat purchases mercy for the guilty while taking the justice on themselves. In that sense both are satisfied, though perhaps not the most logically judged through the paradigm of either other concept.

Actually the ultimate sacrifice was jesus begging forgiveness to those who harmed him. God was going to tear shit up.

It's basically a jew-created religion that paganist europeans adopted and changed to suit them.

I live in a very religious area, and while I don't know the differences between the denominations of christianity, I can tell you that christians espouse a very cucked ideology that suggests letting people shit on you because they'll eventually go to hell for it, while simultaneously telling you that everyone has already been saved thanks to jesus, and everything good in life and bad in life happens because of jesus or god so don't even bother trying anything, your fate is already decided.

It's the perfect cuck religion for jews to exploit, and it really shows. Every christian event is chock full of jew-run charity scammers. At one concert I had to listen to a one and a half hour spiel from some asian lady representing a jewish charity blatantly lying to the audience about how she was a poor orphan and it was awful so donate all your money to the charity to save orphans.

Every fucking christian concert has some charity drive bullshit like this - even the goddamn singers come up on stage and do it.

Dropping paganism for christianity was a mistake

The underlying message was actually: Don't kill people with connections, and by the way, even poor bums have connections.

Which of course is untrue, but if you convince the elites to believe it, they'll at least fear for their immortal soul before doing anything completely selfish and to the detriment of their fellow people.

Of course, today's elites seem to revel in selfishness and don't give a rats' ass about saving anyone's souls.

God isn't real.

>God is a wrathful asshole
>Execute God's son in a painful and brutal way
>God mellows out and talks about forgiveness
He is scare.

>drinking wine is barbaric
Yeah ok, but honor killings are all well and good right?

>Why would a God need to be so blood thirsty that he requires a blood sacrifice to please him or "atone for sins"?

Because God is a perfect and eternal being same goes for his attributes which include his wrath, so the only way to appease his wrath is to sacrifice something equivalent(perfect and eternal) which mean The Son.

*Tenets

Actually, that's incorrect. The motif of the dying-and-rising God occurs in numerous world religions ( en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dying-and-rising_god).
Yes, it's primitive and seemingly barbaric. Religion bodies some if the deepest, most visceral fundamental truths of human existence. Pain, death, love, devouring are at the roots of our psyche.

"Holy places are dark places. It is life and strength, not knowledge and words, that we get in them. Holy wisdom is not clear and thin like water, but thick and dark like blood."

>Because God is a perfect and eternal being same goes for his attributes which include his wrath, so the only way to appease his wrath is to sacrifice something equivalent(perfect and eternal) which mean The Son.

This guy gets it. We are imperfect, something had to make us able to enter His presence. It used to be animal sacrifices (VERY specific mind you ... read Leviticus and see what Jews had to do to be clean enough to even approach God), and He gave his perfect Son (God became human and no other religion even mentions things like this) the task of going through the agony of taking on the sin of everyone past present and future til the end of time, so that we - the imperfect creatures we are due to the fall in the garden - that we could come to Him just by believing and accepting that Jesus did that.

I don't think symbolically eating a piece of bread and sipping a little wine and thanking God for that incredible sacrifice is bad, since He asks that we do it in remembrance. It literally is a way to keep it fresh in your mind, the fact that a perfect God did this for us even though we aren't even remotely worth it.

>I grew up a Christian
>I don't even understand Christ's sacrifice
Really?

Adam sinned when he was perfect and spread sin to his decendents. A perfect sacrifice was required to balance back and let people who put faith in God have a chance dispite being sinners

pastebin.com/xMQ9wAwW

OP. God doesn't think like we do. His ways are not our ways. If you were truly Christian you'd of understood this.

This.

Fuck off, cunt.

if none believers of Christ are damned to hell, how about people who were alive before Christianity was brought to their shores?

There is no justice if the judge, jury, and executioner created the accused and knew since the beginning of time he would commir his crimes. This is so fucking stupid.
If there is an omnipotent creator things can not be said to be good or bad, things just happen because he made them happen.

It's Jewish in origin, so it means that you're practicing Jewish customs.

Lionel Parkinson explains the blood sacrifice was supposed to eliminate all blood sacrifice practiced before:

youtube.com/watch?v=AktUXmQnSRU

And how is it a sacrifice? When you sacrifice something you give it up, you don't get it back after a bit. "Christ's sacrifice" is like paying a vending machine with a coin on a string.

I bet you thought this was actually clever.

Shia muslims celebrate blood sacrifice, and not in a simbollical way, they cut themselves with knives and spray blood a la Tarantino.

express.co.uk/news/world/614355/Blood-soaked-Islamic-ritual-scalps-cut-machetes

this informational pic just about sums it up.

>virgins
wat

"Something had to make us able to enter his presence". Is he not omnipresent? I'm calling bullshit on that. There's no where God can't be so he's with us now already and doing just fine

((Christ's)) sacrifice doesn't atone for my sins. The whole concept is jewish to it's core.

In Judaism, scapegoating your crimes unto an animal or person is very common. They literally think that if they slay a goat on a holiday, they are free from the moral consequences of their crimes.

>that they enact a ritual of symbolic cannibalism from the sacrifice every Sunday

that's catholics for you.

this is some major bullshit, I hope you are b8ing

The problem with that is it does nothing to atone for the sins of humanity. One's crimes can only hang over their own head.

>a blood sacrifice

flesh blood gets "dirty" over time. I was recently admitted to the hospital and got a needle in my back hand. after just 1 day when it was removed I saw black stains retaining on the tube, which the nurse replied that it was dirty and it's far far better for me to NOT let it go back to my system.

Christ's blood is supposedly pure, incorruptible and is the reason He wouldn't die despite the torture Romans gave to Him. It was only when He said "In Your hands I commend my spirit" or something along those lines that He actually died.

means nothing if He's still angry at you for sinning.

Great comeback. You sure explained why I was wrong.

Who made the sacrifice?

No one, that's the point Iwas msking. How is it a sacrifice if he just resses a couple days later?

When you can't make an argument without an analogy, don't make the argument.

>How is torture a sacrifice?
You fucking dunce.

>No one

at least you tried I guess.

And Christian plan on welcoming the returning Jesus with the same cruicifix symbol - one that could be taken as a threat in any other situation.

The Semitic Tribes (Arabs and Hebrews) and all the primitive bloodthirsty cultures of that time all practiced human sacrifice.

Things went well for a while so they switched to animals as a substitute.

They came the troubles, so Abraham has to revert back to human sacrifice - his own son. But Abe never really plans to kill him because he's got this great story to tell when he gets back down from the mountain.

The bible is Judaized ancient Mediterranean, and Persian wisdom. The bible re-writes ancient history to put Jews at the center of civilization. Belief in the bible makes one into a slave to the Jew.

Christianity was promoted to topple the Roman Empire after Jews were butthurt about their rebellion getting crushed. (((Christians))) care more about the fate of Israel, and the Jews than their own children.

Catholics hyperfocus on the crucifixion; their crucifixes have Jesus still on the cross.

Christians have empty crosses, and focus on the empty grave; on the Resurrection.

The difference is that Catholics have absolutely no Christianity in them whatsoever, and are complete and utter pagans.