Top5 hiphop/rap albums

i was just thinking about it and the first four is pretty solid but couldnt really think of the fifth one. what do you guys think, any albums close to these four??

Attached: topsters2 (2).jpg (679x678, 45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nVh3DvtnByI
youtube.com/watch?v=Yq_Cc3hZqEM
youtube.com/watch?v=OOTdy_vpFIA
soundcloud.com/authorsrecording/40winks
youtube.com/watch?v=4Bxkp3hpGdU
youtu.be/2FCRoJaaN_Q
youtube.com/watch?v=0faXaFXb2wE
youtube.com/watch?v=zWS7VgTj3yY&t=174s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

why do pretentious teenagers love blond and flower boy so much
fuck off

36 Chambers, Illmatic, Atrocity Exhibition, Flowerboy is better than all of them but TPAB IMO and Madvillainy and come on man Blond isn't even a hip-hop album it's RnB

Ready to die
Illmatic
36 chambers
Only Built for Cuban Linx
Liquid Swords
Return to the 36 chambers the dirty version
Reasonable Doubt
The Chronic
The Cold Vein
Madvillainy

aight thanks man madvillainy will do
i ll do another chart for lllmatic 36 chambers etc. under the name of dadrap

yo this is wack. needs approximately 500% times more percent eminem. I propose:

MBDTF
GKMC
TMMLP
ETWT
SOC

god people dont even try with their bait any more do they?

for the record 500% times more than 0 is still zero
also what are the last 2?

1- Illmatic
2- Madvillainy
3- To Pimp A Butterfly
4- Mos Def & Talib Kweli Are Black Star
5- The Low End Theory

Attached: d3zt7kN_d (1).jpg (640x451, 52K)

Blonde isn't hipfuckinghop

t. Gramps

If you're younger than any of those albums you shouldn't be here

because they are great albums are you kidding me

i'm not sure if i can say these are objectively the best, most influential or whatever metric you're using, but out of all the hiphop i heared (which is a lot) these are the ones i like the most at the moment

Attached: topsters2 (4).png (679x678, 119K)

what's bottom right?

nice list man, cudi's album was number 5 on my list but later i changed my mind, it wasnt on the same level as other four. still a very good album tho
man on the moon

Atrocity Exhibition

awesome tastes, those are some great albums my friend. upvoted

Attached: 1519805544101.png (703x739, 78K)

You can't be fucking serious

>blond
>rap

sorry bro i'm mostly an old head
i'm just starting to get into post 90s hip hop but i'm still pretty new to it

This.

Endless and Cherry Bomb were better.

Gotta be contrary!

Endless is decent but yeah, not buying that. Cherry Bomb is absolute shit.

endless was the most self indulgent half assed thing frank has ever done

Fair enough you would probably think the same about the shit I don't know then.

I think this band form PL is quite close youtube.com/watch?v=nVh3DvtnByI

that's right, you whippersnappers are ruining my hiphop

Explain what was bad about Cherry Bomb and Endless.

>says the dude who thinks Blonde is good

Explain what was bad about Endless.

endless is self indulgent and unfocussed, the features are bad, most of the beats blend into one and the whole thing just sounds wanky
it could have been a really good ep but there are way too many filler tracks

Is this bait? Yeah plebs like MBDTF and TBAP even though they're 8s at best, but the new Frank Ocean and Travis fucking Scott? You gotta be kidding me if you like that trap garbage. Last 10/10 hip hop album was pic related and I would implore anybody to show me anything as good made in the last 5 years, with the possible exception of the new ATCQ which doesn't count because it's basically a glossed-up 90s boom bap record anyway,

Attached: tell me about DOOM, why does he wear the mask.jpg (319x319, 57K)

if your GOAT rap albums list doesn't have stuff from the 80s, 90s, 00s, and 10s you're probably fucking up.
not that you personally have to love all those eras but if you're aiming to make an "objective" list it's dumb not to acknowledge that there's gems throughout rap history.

Cherry Bomb is Tyler trying to make a NERD album, and it has about the same hit-to-miss ration as actual NERD albums (~50/50).

yes, your post is definitely bait.

Nigga I just want somebody to recommend me some good modern rap knowing that:
>I don't think Kanye and Kendrick are god's gifts to rap, but I don't hate them
>I like DOOM
>I hate trap

try this:
youtube.com/watch?v=Yq_Cc3hZqEM

Attached: a2814443310_10.jpg (780x780, 129K)

Now that scratches my offbeat mid-2000s backpacker itch. I bet you're baiting but I don't give a fuck.

Common - Like Water For Chocolate
?????

no bait, there's plenty of good 2010s stuff that taps into this vein, just like there has been since the 90s.

youtube.com/watch?v=OOTdy_vpFIA
soundcloud.com/authorsrecording/40winks
youtube.com/watch?v=4Bxkp3hpGdU

i guess what i'm saying is instead of being angry about the stuff that's shoved in your face, go looking for stuff that piques your interest instead of assuming it doesn't exist.
there's too much music being made for that.

Attached: cover.jpg (670x670, 352K)

Attached: top 5.jpg (826x806, 91K)

This is a good album

Only one I was born for was madvillainy.

>the features are bad

This is how I know you didn't listen to it. There barely were any.

I listened to Blonde twice and I couldn't remember a single song from it.

>Cherry Bomb is Tyler trying to make a NERD album

Kek, no. If anything, it's his attempt to make a Death Grips album.

Check this album out
youtu.be/2FCRoJaaN_Q

Attached: images (38).jpg (300x300, 29K)

like the other user said Cherry Bomd is Tyler's DG attempt

>This is how I know you didn't listen to it. There barely were any.
i didnt say there were loads of features but i dont like sampha and i dont think arcas contributions really improved it at all

maybe you should try listening to blonde again, i genuinely believe its hit best album to date

this makes me doubt you've ever heard a NERD album or a Death Grips album for that matter.

this took like 6 months to really click with me past the singles and now i'm annoyed at myself for being so dense.
REALLY good and the subject matter means that Mike is forced into a more intense place emotionally than he was on Dark Comedy.

open mike eagle is cool but i've always prefered milo personally
youtube.com/watch?v=0faXaFXb2wE

Attached: milo wtytt.jpg (1200x1200, 207K)

milos new album is probably the best thing he has ever done, it's amazing

it was hip hop aoty for last year desu

very very incorrect opinion

respectable choices

why has nobody said barter 6

>it was hip hop aoty for last year desu

hard choice between this and flowerboy but i can agree to a tie

> no u

Great argument.

Kek, you're literally complaining about background vocals that have very little impact on the songs themselves. And how that somehow is worse than a completely forgettable and non-impactful album. Your taste is arbitrary and inconsistent at best.

very very incorrect opinion

Rate

Blackout - Dreamland
Madvillainy
Gravediggaz - 6 Feet Under
Denzel Curry - Imperial
Good Kid Maad City

Here is a better top 5:
1. Bottomless Pit
2. The Money Store
3. Government Plates
4. Exmilitary
5. The Powers That B

because rap/hip hop doesn't have to be "hard"

Danny Brown - XXX
Big K.R.I.T. - 4eva Is a Mighty Long Time
.clipping - CLPPNG
cLOUDDEAD - cLOUDDEAD
milo - So the Flies Don’t Come

desu

very VERY very incorrect opinion

how is blond even close to being a hip hop album??
at best it’s bland PBR&B

>if you wanna cookie you can book me

best track

No bully pls

Attached: Screenshot_2.png (995x744, 1.46M)

comparing it to DG ignores the funk/r&b strain that runs through the whole album, most notably on stuff like "Find Your Wings" or "2Seater" or "Okaga, CA", or that the more aggro songs are more tied to trap or old Neptunes drum patterns than the more chaotic DG stuff.

the only thing they have in common is blown-out levels on some tracks and that's not nearly enough.

>arca's beats have no impact whatsoever
at least i listened to the album because you clearly didn't if you think arca and alex g didnt play any part in the sound
also that was just one of my criticisms, i notice it's the only you focussed on because you know the others are all true

endless is way more forgettable than blond in almost every way, it's less musically interesting for the most part, as well as less catchy so the only way you could find find endless less forgettable is if you watched the visual album with it and aren't capable of taking in music without visual aid (aka retarded)
frank literally released endless just to get out of a label contract, then released blonde as the album he actually wanted to make

at least i presented some actual arguments beyond "i listened to blond twice and found it forgettable" or, to paraphrase "i listened to blond twice and wasn't musically literate enough to take any of it in so literally forgot what it sounded like and am too lazy to go back to it"

I'll give you that.

>i notice it's the only you focussed on because you know the others are all true

Because all your other points are subjective, except for the beats all blending together since that actually applies more to Blonde than Endless.

>endless is way more forgettable than blond in almost every way, it's less musically interesting for the most part, as well as less catchy

Kek, not really. Name me the best song on Blonde and I'll give you 5 better ones on Endless.

>so the only way you could find find endless less forgettable is if you watched the visual album with it and aren't capable of taking in music without visual aid (aka retarded)

I didn't even see the video, but nice reach.

>frank literally released endless just to get out of a label contract, then released blonde as the album he actually wanted to make

Doesn't mean it's good.

>at least i presented some actual arguments

All of which were subjective. Saying something "just sounds better" isn't an argument.

>i listened to blond twice and wasn't musically literate enough to take any of it in so literally forgot what it sounded like and am too lazy to go back to it

Kek theres literally nothing there kid. Endless was like Frank's Kid A while Blonde is more like Pablo Honey.

But please, tell me about the DEEP musical idiosyncrasies of Blonde that are just flying over my head. I'd love to hear them.

obviously the entire premise of this thread is stupid and baity
but this guy takes it to a whole new level
i know its probably bait but he's made me bite because i dont think i could sleep tonight if i didnt call this faggot autistic
literally everything he's said on this thread, in both the conversations he's had, inform me that he's 15
either that or he's a pretty good baiter in which i case i tip my hat to him for his dedication and his accurate portrayal or mental disability

>I can't refute anything he said
>Better call it bait!

Keep listening to everything Fantano and p4k tells you faggot.

Attached: 1521302275003.png (403x448, 53K)

i've only just joined this thread so i'm not going to get into an argument with some middle school contrarian who knows nothing about music
just though i'd let you know how stupid you look to everyone else, i was trying to do you a favour kid

Why is Kid A on there

>stop challenging my views REEEEEE

Wew can't handle all this autism. I'm sorry you don't have the mental capacity to express your opinions.

>middle school contrarian who knows nothing about music

The projection is strong with this one.

Attached: download (4).jpg (242x208, 6K)

>criticises me all my points being subjective
>only presents subjective points himself
you really showed me there

and for the record
isn't me, even though i disagree with you im happy to accept that this is your opinion

If you want to listen to some good, actually memorable R&B I'd recommend Sampha's Process (even though his feature somehow left a bad impression on you lmao).

Blonde isn't bad, just not as strong as Endless imo.

i really wanted to like process and gave it quite a few listens when it first came out but it just didn't connect with me some how and i never found myself enjoying it that much (which is probably part of the reason i didnt like his feature, because i know that i dont really like him lol)

theres also hendrix and white stripes on there. i assume this is his regular chart and he's just a hiphophead

replace blond with Madvillainy
replace TPAB with The money store
replace Rodeo with Illmatic

this except MBDTF is actually good

This.

I'd honestly say this is in the top 25 hip-hop album of all time.

Why do people like mbdtf so much?
I thought it was an good album that went in a different direction than other hip-hop albums even to this day, but is it really a 10?
The albums dives after monster

All but I don't feel Biggie and Pac much, still can't wrap my head round all the shilling

Liquid Swords confirmed GOAT though

Attached: Front.jpg (1403x1402, 1.18M)

MBDTF shill confirmed

Black Star is also GOAT asf

The Streets is great, but not that fucking great

Check out Foreign Beggars - Asylum Speakers for some good UK smartnigga rap

Unrelated to thread, but what's the song at 1:05? It's on the tip of my tongue, but I rarely listen to hiphop
youtube.com/watch?v=zWS7VgTj3yY&t=174s

There have got to be a few GOAT hip hop albums that aren't exclusively rapping over jazz beats

This. It's more like a soul infused Radiohead or bon Iver album

This list is pretty good, it covers all the major decades and many of the major subgenres of rap. (Except for maybe trap, but I don't know of any trap albums on the level of these albums.)

Attached: topsters2.png (1488x409, 125K)

Sup Forumscore: the taste

Fucking true. I have seen posts where people say "Blonde is a good hip-hop album". They are probably saying it because Frank is black and makes some music with hip-hop artists.