Clipping>Death Grips

clipping>Death Grips

Attached: clpn.jpg (1200x1200, 102K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8WBYzu1_OqM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No, but this album is extremely undermentioned, truly one of a kind.

clipping is what I always wanted Death Grips to be. I still like Death Grips but their lyrics and production can't possibly compare to clipping.

clipping are fucking appalling

this is a terrible opinion

good music > memerap

clipping. = Death Grips

Not comparable.

But the lyrics though? You seriously think that the complexity of the lyrics on the last two clipping albums can be compared to "YOU CAN SIT BETWEEN THE BACK SEAT AND MY DICK"
or "BLUBLUBLUBLUBLUBLUB HOT HEAD BLUBLUBLUBLUBLUBLUB" ?

Not only is Ride better than that massive faggot Daveed (and he is a massive faggot, by the way) but try fucking defending this garbage.

youtube.com/watch?v=8WBYzu1_OqM

also their "experimental" facet is so fucking exaggerated and actually sounds tame as shit

Have you listened to Midcity?

Dalek is better than both

Nah, ain't got time for that.

Is it any better than the first one?

Midcity is their first release and reflects their experimentation way more than CLPPNG does.

I heard a few tracks from the most recent one and I wasn't massively impressed.

I'll give Midcity a test run

hardly comparable and daveed's voice annoys me

Depends what mood I’m in. Generally I’ll go for death grips, but if i wanna chill more I’ll put on some clipping

how are they comparable?

Everyone knows the reason that song is absolute shit is because Cocc Pistol Cree's verse is way off beat and just overall absolute garbage. Daveed's verse is pretty tight and that hook is catchy as fuck.

Clppng. may not experiment with noise elements as much as DG but they do experiment in comparison to mainstream hip-hop. Experimental is such a broad descriptor when it comes to music it really isn't fair to use seriously.

I will say though, Clppng. does have a more clean sounding production style, which sometimes comes off as overproduced or even not entirely written by the group. I guess you could use the buzzword of the month and claim their authenticity just isn't there sometimes. They have a lot of good tracks though and I do prefer them over DG. Death Grips always just seemed too try hard and over the top for me. I can see the appeal but it isn't my thing.

in terms of production: dg>>>>>clipping

in terms of lyricism:
clipping>>>>>>>>>dg

in terms of sex appeal:
dg>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>clipping

What are you talking about? Have you listened to mid city? That album is full of noise

this

DG has a very one dimensional sound on each record, but they make up for it (on SOME of their songs mainly on ExM, Jenny Death, and Steroids) with very high visceral intensity. Their more "experimental" stuff is very surface level experimental and not that interesting nor intricate.

clipping may not be as visceral, but they have the level of detail in hip hop production that outdoes literally everything else done in the history of hip hop. Also easily the objectively best engineered hip hop done yet because their shit isn't brickwalled but at the same time it doesn't sound like it's aged terribly like early hip hop.

This. It inspired me to make an experiemental album

I'd appreciate the music of both them if only they just shut the fuck up for the entire length of their albums.

Attached: 1474235448311.png (338x355, 79K)