PROTIP: they're all ''real'' musical instruments

PROTIP: they're all ''real'' musical instruments.

Attached: H70301000001000-00-500x500.jpg (549x553, 95K)

The laptop isn’t an instrument. But music made on computers is real music

Attached: ERG.png (852x850, 94K)

you can tap on the keys and creat percussive sounds. you can throw it on the ground and smash it to create sounds. you can hit it like a drtum... its an instrument retard

explain to me how/why is the laptop not an "instrument"?

The future is a meme
2/10 screencap

doesnt require technical proficiency. not saying it doesnt take knowledge, but to play a real instrument (guitar, piano, etc.) you have to build dexterity, finger strength, synchronization, rhythm etc. playing an instrument is physically taxing, unlike typing away one a keyboard at your leisure. you can call a laptop an instrument if it makes you feel better, but you're not getting any of the benefits of actually playing one.

it wasnt built as an instrument thats what makes it not an instrument. you can drum on your desk, doesnt mean your desk is an instrument

> you have to build dexterity, finger strength, synchronization, rhythm etc

That doesn't make something a musical instrument

>you can drum on your desk, doesnt mean your desk is an instrument

It objectively does.

you can use it to make music. ergo, it is an instrument

to use a laptop to make music takes more effort than "PRESS M TO MAKE MUSIC".....you still have to have rhythm (try to quantize everything and see how shitty it sounds), sound design and so on. Just because the same physical requirements aren't present on a laptop does not make it a "lesser" instrument as you're implying, and said "skills" vary greatly among other classical instruments too

>you can drum on your desk, doesnt mean your desk is an instrument

holy fuck aren't you a little ignorant shit

Attached: perkele man.jpg (960x639, 191K)

>name
>cock
obviously a 15yr old direct from Sup Forums

PROTIP: OP is a raging faggot

Attached: 1340327012589.gif (427x320, 6K)

back to

>hurr durr i have no idea what im talking about, better call Sup Forums

Moreover, most modern pro/semi-pro keyboards are pretty much a computer with a full on DAW slapped onto a keyboard. Does that not make them an instrument? Fuck, with the right settings you might not even know how to play fuck all and still make something decent

This whole "HURRR U HAVE TO BLEED THROUGH YOUR FINGERTIPS BEFORE YOU CAN CALL IT AN INSTRUMENT" is the stupidest hill that each and every classical fag chooses to die

Attached: workstation-3.jpg (600x400, 125K)

oh whoops i forgot to take it off from that one album thread my bad

Go back to your containment hugbox you fucking poofter.

well if everything is an instrument there really is no point to arguing whether or not a laptop is an instrument. or is there anything concievable that isnt an instrument?

>A musical instrument is an instrument created or adapted to make musical sounds. In principle, any object that produces sound can be considered a musical instrument -- it is through purpose that the object becomes a musical instrument.

I don't know
I mean, I could record myself wanking and use the sound to make music.
Still doesn't mean that my penis is a musical instrument
I am not desk user and I think it is a bit of a stretch to call it an "instrument" since sure you can use it to make a beat, but you could just head to Home Depot and buy a sheet of plywood, cut it, and have a "portable desk instrument" so I don't know. He is still right tho, as far as "instruments" go, drummers experiment with just about anything and many have DIY things on their set up, which is why I posted a pic of Ripatti

A laptop is most definitely an instrument for chrissake tho. Anyone who denies this is a top retard

if laptops and desks are instruments then your dick is one aswell.
havent you heard? "she blows on my dick like a cello"