Fear Her edition

Last thread

Other urls found in this thread:

bigfinish.com/ranges/v/monthly-series
abcd.com/file/4j24lk3f71bpiu0/WDV123.txt.txt
comicscontinuum.com/stories/1701/28/12thdoctor14.htm
bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/5Ynb3jN3yHTz7BwDJVpbXyr/the-list-of-2017-winners
geek.com/geek-cetera/doctor-who-is-now-being-taught-in-college-1609041/
express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/678485/Peter-Capaldi-Susan-Foreman-Doctor-Who-Carole-Ann-Ford
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Girlish_Number
twitter.com/OldRoberts953/status/826103042676289537
youtu.be/Rk58yAmBJaM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

KOOKABURRA SITS IN THE OLD GUM TREE

I've been waiting to use this for over a year.

>gay your life must be
how the fuck did that get allowed?

MERRY MERRY KANG OF THE BUSH WUZ HE

>KANG
Red or blue?

What kind of a crazy watches a British show, especially this piece of trash?

It's worse than that. Some of us listen to the radio plays.

Hey, Doctor Who may be absolute shit in the garbage bin but there are plenty of good British TV shows.

Like what?
GoT?

Seinfeld is a great British show too

Let's get off our asses /who/.
Talk about what you're writing right now. And let's keep those creative writing exercises going.
How many stories ideas have you thought up? What Doctor do you like to write for the most?

>fanfic

>What kept Doctor Who alive for sixteen years

i wish it was possible to resurrect Robert Holmes. he could fix our problems /who/

I'm just joshin' ya m8. Everything after Hartnell is fanfic anyway.

Verity Lambert's last words were "Everything after Hartnell is all in the mind of that St. Elsewhere kid..."
Truth.

>People consider Strax gender neutral
Are they dumb? Or just desperate?

I mean he literally is, dumb tripcunt. Sontarans don't have genders, it's been a source of humour with them since the very start.

Well he does produce milk, idk.

I need to stop going on Tumblr... It's warping my perceptions.

/who/ - Tumblr Sanctuary City

You need to stop going on Sup Forums

It's only for art references and writing prompts.
Artists I like keep posting about their political shit.

>Doctor Who and the Planet of Nude Blondes
The Doctor cracked open the TARDIS door and peered out. There stood a beautiful naked blonde woman smiling at him and holding out a basket of fruit. The Doctor plucked an apple from the basket and bit into heartily, eyeing the blonde's tits while quipping, "To be honest I'd rather get my hands on those melons."

No, you need to stop posting here. That's the real problem

Don't be rude to Tardybox, he's an okay trip.

Put the trip back on and then never respond to me again.

>Put the trip back on
ok. I usually take my trip off when I say nice things so I don't look like a fagget.

Tenth Planet might be my favorite regeneration story.

Literally fuck off to any other website, attentionwhores.

no u

That's an unusual choice. I'd have to say The War Games is my favorite. Ten well-paced episodes of constant escalation.

I need to hunker down and watch that one again. It's (constantly) next on the list, but part of me keeps putting it off because I worry they'll announce that they've rediscovered all of it, or they're planning to animate it.
But Tenth Planet is really, really good at building the tension. It's essentially a bottle episode too, and all of the side characters are fleshed out well. Not to mention it's shot really beautifully. Lots of sweeping camera angles and interesting framing. It's like a anxious/comfy thing going on. And Hartnell sells the hell out of those last five minutes.

In honor of the passing of John Hurt, I present the first three volumes of the War Doctor's Big Finish adventures. If you enjoy this series, I highly recommend you visit the Big Finish main page and support them by purchasing some of your favorite stories.
bigfinish.com/ranges/v/monthly-series

abcd.com/file/4j24lk3f71bpiu0/WDV123.txt.txt
>Replace ABCD with mediafire
>Follow the instructions.

ty user

by posting this you are begging for (You)s from those trips which is ALSO a form of attention whoring. so you're not any better really

>The Neverwhen
Not bad. I think of the War stories so far this is the one that best represents what you would want/expect the Time War to be like. People trying desperately to strategize and manipulate time to their advantage while everything around them is constantly changing and being "rewritten." Interesting how the first volume of War stories was basically a story in three parts but the second volume was more loosely plot connected and held together mostly by the theme of "fucked up Time War shit."

Fitting for a reddit board to have a tumblr general.

Beats Alan Moore's reasoning that everybody except Hartnell was pedophilic.

Haha where'd he say this?

Here.

I'll always remember John Hurt as the very busy actor who took the time to be a hero in Doctor Who while Eccleston was too busy phoning it in as a Z-list Marvel villain in a shitty Thor movie. Hurt was a better man than we all deserved.

Eccleston's like the deadbeat dad that was really cool to you as a kid, but never shows up once after he leaves you, only giving you so much as a card with a few one-dollar bills for your birthday.

While Hurt was the grandpa you only met well into your adult life, but once you met him, it's as if you struck gold. And while hanging out with him may not have been as fun as being with your dad all those years ago, he had the warmth in his heart to stay with you and brighten up your days even as his breaths grew thinner.

John Hurt was a cool fucking guy who lived an equally cool fucking life. Alien, Hellboy, Snowpiercer, I Claudius, and Doctor Who, none of them would be as good without his input. Hope he's armwrestling and drinking shots with Jon Pertwee somewhere out there.

what did they mean by this?

It's a comic within a comic.

how come your version's higher res?

From this site. comicscontinuum.com/stories/1701/28/12thdoctor14.htm

I like that Not-Master resembles Miles Richardson, so I can pretend this is the closest thing I'll get to having a 12/Braxiatel story.

How long do you think it'll be until we see Braxiatel in the tv series? I feel like eventually somebody would do it, but then on the other hand the longer it is the less likely a showrunner would have any clue who he is.

I was thinking about this a lot recently.

I invented Doctor Who

GoT is American and is the definition of overrated crap.

Absent Friends won a BBC audio dramas award for best online audio drama.

bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/5Ynb3jN3yHTz7BwDJVpbXyr/the-list-of-2017-winners

Absent Friends makes me fucking hate the boxset format Big Finish goes for because I'd love to recommend Absent Friends to people I know, telling them it's better than some of the Doctor Who episodes on TV. But then I'd have to tell them "Oh, you have to buy it in a box set with three other episodes you probably won't like as much as this". If it were released by itself like the EDAs, Absent Friends would make a great oneshot to give to friends so they could get into audios. But wrapping it together in this whole Doom Coalition means casuals have to invest more in a first buy.

isn't doctor who for tumblrellas, redclittors and imfurians?

>muh TURDIS

somewhat

So, how the fuck did the TARDIS break the time lock and land on Gallifrey in Listen?

>inb4 hurr durr he turned the safeties off

Honest to God, my favourite regeneration story's probably The End Of Time. I never found the Master's plan laughable, and I'm a sucker for 10's exit. Those last 15 minutes were golden. My main qualm with the episode was that "White Point Star" malarkey, it was a bit too deus ex machina for my liking. But hey, those are practically one of RTD's trademarks, I'll give it to him just this once.

Possibly because the Doctor didn't set foot on past Gallifrey himself, and being cognizant of that, the TARDIS could use that as a loophole to get past that lock.

Or because the telepathic circuits cause the TARDIS to travel to places it's not meant to go, like where Missy kept the Nethersphere.

Personally, I was perfectly okay with thinking the barn was in Prydonia until Moffat had to specify it was Gallifrey. Would've made more sense.

Why did you ask a question when you already knew the answer?

>the barn was within viewing distance of the gallifrey bubble this whole time
>in Day it's got a pure blue sky surrounding it with nothing else in the landscape

Moffat claims the lock was broken in Day and no longer applies.

So why didn't 10 get pissed one night and try to go back and fix his wrongdoings during the war?

Because he didn't think of it

300 years or so post-Time War pre-DOTD and it never occurred to him?

Maybe that night he just counted the kids instead, drunk texted Romana, and fell asleep on the stairs

Right lads, do you think there's any way we can trick the world of academia into believing that Doctor Who (novels, audios, etc included) contains enough lore, well-written characters and plots, symbolism, and applicable-to-the-real-world metaphors, so as to warrant it being studied as a course at universities? Imagine getting a degree in Doctor Who. And then you could get a PhD in it, become a Doctor Doctor.

Don't you fucking let this thread die you bastards.

Is this canon?

It wasn't even good. Written by people who had no clear idea what either Star Trek or Doctor Who were like, let alone knew how to mix them together to make a decent story.

Thanks for the heads-up.

But is it canon?

Katherine Kelly confirmed on This Morning today Quill's pregnancy was a last-minute case of "real life writes the plot" and had to be inserted last-minute

Good thing she probably won't have to worry about working around it for "series 2."

OI. Someone post something.

It's never been explained (not yet anyway) how Gallifrey escaped the pocket universe.

Only that they did somehow, and had been hiding away at the end of the universe since sometime after the end of TotD and before Listen.

Think they'll go into it this season?
Also it hasn't been explained how/why the Master's the only time lord to venture away from Gallifrey.
And another thing, is Susan still on earth or not? I mean, almost certainly not, but do you think she'll be back on the show? Perhaps regenerated?

Will any of the Class characters appear in Doctor Who one day?

I'd love Quill to appear, but not particularly bothered about the rest desu.

There he is. Everyone here enjoy Broadchurch? Child rapist subplot coming this series?

To Doctor Who I mean.

Will the Class finale manage to go below 200k viewers? Accepting bets.

Moffat thought series 9 would be his last, and deliberately (in my opinion) left some loose threads for the next show runner to explore.

Will he explore these 'loose threads' himself? Idunno. He has specifically said his aim is 'to keep the TARDIS warm' for one more series until Chibnall takes over. So, I doubt it.

Series 10 will be good fun, comfy, with nothing too deep or complicated.

I'd love to see the Doctor finally make good on his promise to come back for Susan, especially if she's still played by Carole Ann (and I don't see why she wouldn't be).
>inb4 ear stories are canon
You could easily make it vague enough for all the stories to be compatible, this would be their first reunion after the Time War.

Class has been pirated to death and still available to binge watch on i-player.

I'll be amazed if the finale gets as many as 200k viewers on BBC1's graveyard time slot.

Must get round the watching Broadchurch: it had great reviews and won tons of awards.

Just not a fan of detective mysteries any more, have watched too many Law and Orders over the years.

As a side note: Chibnall was one of the exec producers of Law and Order UK.

>Syracuse University is now offering a course on Doctor Who.

The class isn’t about space-time mechanics or cleverly disguised as a media or script writing course, but instead focuses on the history of and lasting cultural impact created by the long-running sci-fi show.

Already happening user. geek.com/geek-cetera/doctor-who-is-now-being-taught-in-college-1609041/

>I'd love to see the Doctor finally make good on his promise to come back for Susan, especially if she's still played by Carole Ann (and I don't see why she wouldn't be).

Capaldman wants this. express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/678485/Peter-Capaldi-Susan-Foreman-Doctor-Who-Carole-Ann-Ford

They're blowing the American release. It premieres in April and they're still not fucking advertising it. I can see it doing well in the States, but I guess they're so put out by the UK ratings it's scaring them. I don't even particularly WANT a second series, but I do want them to realize they're marketing Doctor Who poorly and improve.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Girlish_Number
Looks like Girlyletters and Boyishnumbers became a real anime.

Holy. Fucking. Shit.
Nice.

big bump

"Fear Her"

>Blaming women before the episode begins
>ASSUMING her gender before the episode begins
>Episode isn't called "Fear HIM" when the villain is a FUCKING.WHITE.MALE?

Disgusting, I'm literally shaking right now, this is why a woman should've been Prime Minister sooner

#DWWNDU

but the villain is a black male.

Oh so now you're saying he's black when he's not even coloured in, but is instead drawn on a WHITE background

It's literally 2017

Please don't die, Gareth!

twitter.com/OldRoberts953/status/826103042676289537

Just finished Infernal Devices. Pretty great, honestly. It's really great comparing the War Doctor to future incarnations, visualizing some of the actions he took that caused their guilt.
Is volume 3 as good?

What was Clara's best exit and why was it this one?

youtu.be/Rk58yAmBJaM

It really was a based episode. The silliness of the egg thing was so insignificant compared to all the great character stuff like this.

I'd actually forgot how good that was. I was only 16 at the time, didn't realise how good of a character moment this was.