Literally 10/10

Literally 10/10

Attached: 6123EInXGSL._SL1081_.jpg (1081x1070, 73K)

i always skip say hello and hands away desu

nah still 10/10

but say hello to the angels is one of the best tracks on there

I can't afford the deposit to move to the other side

hands away I can understand but say hello to the angels is one of the best tracks ever

Literally every track sounds exactly the same

>soyterpol

tried listening to this album and just could not do it, what am i missing here?

Taste

thanks for the help dick

Maybe to deaf retards but the rest of us can hear.

If you can hear then why don't you listen to your mom and move out of the house already because you're being too loud when you cry to a shitty band like Interpol

>the drumming on 'The New'

Attached: 1465656198967.gif (200x180, 2.97M)

>i always skip one of the best tracks in the album

here's your (you)

Nigga I'm 18, what's your excuse?

>needs training wheels for fucking Interpol
it's just good rock music. it's dark and moody. it's got good drumming. the guitars interplay nicely and have great tone. the bass playing is above the normal skill of an indie rock bassist.

if you don't like it, don't listen to it. don't ask for help like it's a difficult puzzle or a complex novel for fucks sake

My excuse for what? Owning my own place and not listening to shitty Joy Division wannabes?

StellaaaAaaa :'((((

>Joy Division wannabes
Hahaha! Is that the only song you listened to? Your post wreaks of virginity. Get lost. We don't need cancer like you on this board.

lol i remember when this first came out everyone was saying they were a joy division rip off

See

Untitled is the only good song...

No taste

Your
>moody
Is another persons
>whiny and pretentious.
It's insecure mental illness core. 9/10 because I too am an unhappy TFW no gf loser.

They suck now that melodious basslines man quit the group.

They bitch because everybody compares them to Joy Division, and they're right. It's way too kind, and I say that as someone who thanks Ian Curtis for making New Order possible. Joy Division struggled against depression rather than flaunting it, much less wearing it like a designer suit. What's truly depressing is that, just as the hairy behemoths of the grunge generation looked back to the AOR metal they immersed in as teens, these fops tweak the nostalgia of young adults who cherish indistinct memories of much worse bands than Joy Division, every one of them English--Bauhaus, Ultravox, Visage, Spandau Ballet, Tears for Fears. At a critical moment in consciousness they exemplify and counsel disengagement, self-seeking, a luxurious cynicism.

Indeed. Too bad every one of their other albums fall miserably short in comparison.

Hard to say. I got into it as a sad boy in high school but i still love it. Rhythm is 10/10 and Paul's voice and lyrics are so lovably eccentric. It just works for me.

it still hurts

PDA is the only good song.

>mfw the nigga singing at the end sounds better than the lead singer

this. interpol died when carlos left

Antics is just as good as TOTBL

yeah if you make the album only Untitled, Obstacle 1 and 2, NYC, Stella and Leif

Hands Away makes me fall asleep EVERY TIME

what the fuck are you talking about you autistic retard

antics is great

Agreed. This is one of my favorite albums of all time.

I agree OP, I always wonder if most of the people who praise TOTBL have even listened to Antics tho? A Time To Be So Small and C’mere are the 2 best Interpol songs imo

p much

I do like Antics, but I rank em like this

TotBL
El Pintor
Antics

I have taste, it just doesn't tolerate dogshit early 2000s post-rock/indie rock bullshit like these clowns, Arcade Fire, The Strokes, and The Killers, to name a few

so basically you have shit taste. It's cool man you didn't ask to be born a beta retard

>Arcade Fire, The Strokes, and The Killers
interpol were far ahead of their contemporaries and unfortunately became tame by modern day

*post-punk, my bad

bold

That's what I'm getting at, I just don't happen to like this type of sound at all, one of the few genres I hate. But I do like Untitled a lot
Haha yes because this type of buttrock just oozes alpha

I'm not OP btw.

Breaker 1 & Twice as Hard are definitely two of Interpol's best. All The Rage Back Home is about a strong of an opener as you can have too.

lol this isn't buttrock. and the fact that you only like untitled means you have little taste

Damn El Pintor ahead of Antics eh, maybe Il give it another spin

I think El Pintor was a decent comeback after their garbage s/t but I have a hard time seeing it rank between TOTBL and Antics. I absolutely love both of those albums and I only like El Pintor, ya know?

No because this type of music is extremely derivative. I only like Untitled as a guilty pleasure, truthfully all post-punk/indie rock is extremely derivative rock music and offers nothing that hasn't been done in rock music already. Very stale music

well yeah i can agree to that. this album just happens to reach the peaks of the music that came before it. i cant really say the same for the other artists you named though

I agree, even though I'm definitely not a fan of this album, I recognize it is the peak of its own sound

:)

Untitled is probably the best opening track of any album i've heard.
Maybe its nostalgia but this doesn't change.

I stand corrected, the two best openers, are on albums by Interpol.
Interpol is based

El Pintor would be an 8/10 if they changed the track listing.

Attached: OOS.jpg (1425x1425, 235K)

muse is trash

I never understood the Joy Division comparisons beyond the surface level aspects of their music, like the vocals and bass playing. The songwriting here is more complex, but mostly just way fucking different, and Dengler is orders of magnitude ahead of Hook, no shame upon him, Dengler definitely took inspiration, but his style developed completely differently. Just because they're a bass driven post-punk band with synth after thoughts in their music doesn't automatically make them Interpol's greatest forebearer.

The Chameleons are closer, but I still think it's not a fair comparison, though you can definitely hear their melodies in Interpol's music, like you can hear Hook in the bass playing, I mean it's REALLY fucking apparent sometimes. But the song structure and arrangement of the melodies between the instruments between both bands is night and day. Both bands can write a bridge, they just do it differently and at different times in their songs.

you must be fun at parties

amen

the opinion shared among everyone who never bothered to listen OoS or Absolution or even BHaR

>cry to a shitty band like Interpol

if that's what you expect to do with this band then obviously you won't like them. sounds like you have more of a problem with the fanbase than the actual band itself. maybe actually listen to it without your perceived stigmas

it would have been an 8 if the mixing wasn't so hazey

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
DUDE LOL
OMG YORE SO RIGHT
HA SOY
DUDE DO YOU POST ON POL TOO
DUDE SOY LMAO HAHAHAHAHAHAH
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA
hAHAHAHasFHJk dfsuyaeruhiaerwgotfnadfsz x

Attached: rick-owens-designer-20150722441510.jpg (635x720, 106K)

it's okay

Patrician

How can people say Antics is better than El Pintor always amazes me. El Pintor has Breaker 1, Twice as Hard, Everything is Wrong, My Blue Supreme, My Desire, All The Rage Back Home. Even Our Love to Admire it's better. It has Rest my Chemistry, Pioneer to the Falls, Wrecking Ball, Pace is the Trick, The Lighthouse. What has Antics besides Evil?

How are the basslines so good bros?

He did not write the parts though

>Turn On the Bright Lights [Matador, 2002]
>They bitch because everybody compares them to Joy Division, and they're right. It's way too kind, and I say that as someone who thanks Ian Curtis for making New Order possible. Joy Division struggled against depression rather than flaunting it, much less wearing it like a designer suit. What's truly depressing is that, just as the hairy behemoths of the grunge generation looked back to the AOR metal they immersed in as teens, these fops tweak the nostalgia of young adults who cherish indistinct memories of much worse bands than Joy Division, every one of them English--Bauhaus, Ultravox, Visage, Spandau Ballet, Tears for Fears. At a critical moment in consciousness they exemplify and counsel disengagement, self-seeking, a luxurious cynicism. Says certified British subject Peter Banks: "Emotions are standard and boring. I'd like to find another way to live." That's thinking either big or very small. C+

Attached: christgau.jpg (1400x787, 744K)

SHE CAN READ SHE CAN READ SHE CAN READ SHE CAN READ

as much as a game changer and statement it was I'm not sure about 10/10, but definitely one of the best opening songs of all time

I'd say 8.5/10 desu

Attached: Turn on the bright lights.png (828x887, 58K)

>Leif Erikson that low
Go fuck yourself. What's weong with you? Can you even hear?

Ear machine broken, nice trips.

Antics is good, but overall falls short of TotBL. There's a lot of little things in TotBL that they don't do in Antics. That and a good many of the songs aren't quite as arresting as the ones on that first album. It's a good album, but there's still such a gap in quality between the two albums. Again, it's good and I do like their other albums, but not a single album after it has come close to being as consistent and well crafted as Turn On The Bright Lights.

There is literally nothing wrong with wanting to sound like Joy Division.

SHES BAAAAD

it makes you a poseur
>Joy Division struggled against depression rather than flaunting it, much less wearing it like a designer suit.

Just keep listening to it, most great album 'click' after a few listens. Depending on your taste it could take like 5 listens. Honestly the first 3 tries I gave it I thought it was pretentious hipster garbage. But I listen to it while I was high once and now it's one of my favourite albums.

SHE FEELS THAT MY SENTIMENTAL SIDE SHOULD BE HELD WITH KID'S GLOVES

Finally got around to listening to this album,
8.5 is accurate, OP is a fag

8.5 is reasonable but Leif Erikson has absolutely no place being rated that low. It's a 10/10 closer