What can one do to combat dishonest cinema?

What can one do to combat dishonest cinema?

The first half felt pretty fake and dishonest but the ending dance scene felt like a genuine reference to Gene Kelly films.

Killing yourself

Don't pay to see it.

It's how I combat all cinema.

>The first half was bad, but at least the second half was unoriginal.

KICK MAN IN THE FACE!

haven't seen it, what's so bad about it?

by watchin bona fide cinema

No, the first half felt forced but the second half felt genuine. The first half has some okay cinematography but not as much genuiness.

It was a bit full of itself, had some pacing issues and was soaked in cliche, but the execution was really good and I thought it had flair and character.

Most people that don't like it do so because it's so praised.

>guy gets a qt gf

why do they allow such lies

>qt
What does this word mean to you?

Most people who like this do so because it is so praised.

not fat

Raddit get out

What those stances are trying to convey?

Needs more honesty like replacing Ryan Gosling with a black man

>dishonest
MOM LOOK I MEMED ON Sup Forums I REALLY MEMED

To the fat neckbeards here, "qt" means literally any female that's alive.

Destroy the source.

Hollywood.

Failing film school and posting your disappointment on Sup Forums by claiming successful film as dishonest xD

La La Land IS dishonest though, regardless of whatever mental fallacies you can conjure up in that feeble head of yours.

There isn't a single genuine and sincere moment in the entire film other than the "false" carefully crafted exploitative and manipulative overly saccharine and cliche bullshit that plagues the writing.

kek

I did not expect the ending of this movie to be as depressing as it was. It made all the overly cheesy moments seem really out of place considering how hard the Goose is robbed.

I almost felt his face was saying "Fuck, none of this was worth it" at the end.

Cinema Firing Squad for Damien Chazelle when?

Have you tried
not caring?

Nothing significant. Pretty great kino. Contrarian faggots here are at work with this forced "dishonest" meme

...?

NO MORE DISHONEST CINEMA *cocks autoimatic rifle*

>shot up a viewing of Nolan's most dishonest work yet, and THAT's saying sometihng
Truly /our guy/.

It's manipulative.

The writing, acting, music, singing, dancing...

nice to see white people getting the movie they deserve

This. We need to declare war on dishonesty in motion. It threatens the very fabric of oyr values, our society, our worth.

>dishonest cinema is bad
Stop this meme. There's not a single black-and-white film that is genuine

Exactly. It was as if the writer of the film looked into a book for the most generic story beats and applied them to his screenplay. There is nothing genuine about that. It's basic paint-by-numbers screenwriting.

Not saying that La La Land was overall really that bad, because I enjoyed the film, but I do agree with your post.

It isn't a meme and its despicable to be a dishonest apologist

It is, "honest" cinema is just a recent meme completely irrelevant to society. Get the fuck out.

From someone who appreciates art and doesn't shitpost on everything, almost nothing other than a shitty ending and pretty cliche setting. Nonetheless, its something "new" again. Note that I said "again" along with new.

If you hate musical romance, you won't enjoy this movie. If you have nothing to do, go take a look. If you cringe everything someone sings, then yeah... skip it by all means.

I'd give it a solid 9/10 for its purpose and 8/10 for enjoyment.

ending was its saving grace

I must add I don't like musicals, but I liked La La Land. Second half didn't even feel like a musical.

pretty similar films to be honest if you look beyond your own stupid face

Already on IMBD's top 250 in the 40s. Do people have no dignity? How do they not recognize such dishonesty in filmmaking?