Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/prDoGmY5kj8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I don't understand, what happened? I only caught the 9th inning

>intentionally slide into second baseman
>lel not intentional

Bullshit call. The glove lifted.

You are delusional.

Yeah, it was a pretty tacky call at first. Pretty horrible to have that decide two teams' entire season.

Nats had a man on first and second (in the 8th), one run down, looked to be getting to Davis. Cubs did the back pick from catcher down to first and Lobaton was back in plenty of time but his foot came off the bag for a fraction of a second after he got back. Replays looked inconclusive, but apparently New York could see better than I can, or had a preference for how the audience they wanted for the NLCS. Call on field reversed, runner out, inning ended, Nationals never scored again, season over.

Go Astros.

Additionally, the glove lifted at the same time the foot left the bag. Very ambiguous.

>Uhh, I guess we'll call it an out, guys.

did he died

Out.

>hey, wassup New York
>what's that? No one wants to watch the Dodgers visit Walgreens? Say no more, he's out lol

Foreshortened perspective. You have to see the video to appreciate that the glove moved.

>foot came off the bag

what are people crying about then?

There is no crying in baseball.

because you couldn't see if the tag was on from either angle

Um, that's an out.

it's inconclusive, you can't see if the glove is on there

Because it ruined a dramatic moment. 2 on, 2 out, down by 1.

But I prefer a call be right than "drama." Imagine if there was no replay and the Nats open up with 5 runs in that inning? Then you have circulating crying even more about the umps.

Right call.

>Punched the Cusb catcher

Lobaton's hand is mixed in with the motion blur of Rizzo's glove, suggesting the glove was touching him..

I'm no photo expert, though. Anyone have a different explanation?

Stay mad, faggots. Losers cry about umpires. Winners move on.

Because it wasn't clear that the tag was still on either. And the rule states that for the call on the field to be overturned the replay must show "clear and convincing evidence." Obviously it's important to the game (both this one and the game of baseball) to get the call right - FUCK YOU DON DENKINGER - but it's a bit difficult to see how tonight's reversal was clearly the correct call (unless one takes into account that Chicago has 10x the population of D.C.).

I like that replay has fixed the egregiously bad calls (wish it had been around for Gallaraga's perfect game), but I hate how it's now a go-to crutch used to look for these tiny things. I'd almost rather go back to no replay.

He's pointing at us...

No, you really couldn't. The frame by frame resolution was really muddy and looked like it could have gone either way from both angles. Only the first base umpire had a good perspective...

Thread theme youtu.be/prDoGmY5kj8

damn...

I didn't know this at the time, but it looks like the umps also fucked up in the 5th and gave the Cusb two extra runs:

The play was the one where Baez was batting, he misses strike three, hits Wieters in the mask, Wieters misses the catch, Baez runs to first, Wieters then chases the ball and throws to first, runner from second scores.

During the umpires' collective review Matt Wieters was seen repeatedly showing how his mask had been hit and saying the ball should be dead. Turns out he was right.

Rule 6.03(a). The pertinent section of the rule states:

“If a batter strikes at a ball and misses and swings so hard he carries the bat all the way around and, in the umpire’s judgment, unintentionally hits the catcher or the ball in back of him on the backswing, it shall be called a strike only (not interference). The ball will be dead, however, and no runner shall advance on the play.”

But because the play is not reviewable, the incorrect call stood. Looks like the Nats got extra ump-fucked tonight.

>UMPED

Yeah but Twat Wieners was trying to kiss the ump all night. The ump said Wieners was chasing him around the hotel room in his bathrobe. And then when he tried to get away, Wieners blocked the hallway and ejaculated into a plant.

Damn..................

uhm yeah sweetie..that's an out, honey.

have a shot of the catcher interference before weiters got his noggin a joggin?

>what are they saying on Sup Forums?
>safe?
>Fuck them, he’s out!

Right call. I'd be more upset at that first swing pitch by Lind desu.

Because the call went against them.
The angle on the TV broadcast had Rizzo's glove covered, but what the retards don't know is that the officiating crew in New York have access to other angles that aren't used in broadcasts. Meaning they had access to one shot that clearly showed Rizzo's glove was still tagging the NEET's player. They made the right call.

If you want to get butthurt and have a case, talk about when Baez hit that retarded catcher in the head for crouching so close in the box. I'm happy he got fucked by a catcher interference call on the next at bat against Le Stella for doing that shit.

Spoken like an impartial judge of the situation.

The rules don't have entries for when *you* feel a player playing against "your" team is a "retard" and deserves to lose.

>"I'm happy he got fucked."
You're what's wrong with sports fans. Hell, you're what's wrong with humanity.

Should have been ruled third strike and an out. Bad officiating cost two runs in a close game

>Rule 6.03(a)
Interestingly, the 6.03 section of the MLB rulebook isn't about catcher's interference - where one might take from context the discussion was all the ways the catcher can't play, and the subsection was about an exception to catcher rules.

The 6.03 section is about "Batter Illegal Action." So the subsection by context is seen entirely as "here's a thing a batter cannot do, and must be penalized for doing."

(MLB, "OFFICIAL BASEBALL RULES," 2017 Edition, pages 77-78)

He's out. Even so the nats should have never let the Cubs come back, they cant blame an 8-9 loss on the umps when they were up 4-1 right off the bat

why no blazer bit unprofessional

Sup Forums just wanted him to be safe so they could spam the board with
>le cubes BTFO!!!

ITT: deluded gnats fans

>they cant blame an 8-9 loss on the umps
When the umps gave the cusb 2 runs they most certainly can, and should.

hmm maybe the gnats shouldn't have gotten themselves in a situation where 2 runs could score...

Not only is that a poor attempt at blaming the victim - "if you hadn't wanted AIDS maybe you shouldn't have been raped by someone from Chicago" - the only reason those 2 runs could score *was the umpire's error*.

Correct application of the rule is strike 3, dead ball, inning is over.

At least media outlets (SI, SB, CBS, more) are properly reporting what happened. Though I don't expect much to come from either MLB or the networks who've paid billions for the rest of the playoffs.

But the catcher got in the way multiple times. At some point you have to make adjustments

Hmm maybe the gnats should have thought about the potential ramifications of letting runners on base

He was out and whoever thinks safe is a cunt

Does it really matter which one of these teams loses to the dodgers?

>dodgers
>not choking a 7 game series
You don't actually think they will win do you?

Um sweetie baby honey pie...

Very early for the neet to rise

"I'll follow the rules when I feel like it" is the way children and criminals play.

It's not the way men play.

Crying about a missed call isn't the way men play either sweetie. Now clean up your toys and I'll take you to get an ice cream

the umps are just refball shitposters who thought it'd be hilarious to make this thread

WALGREENS BTFO

>If you let someone on base that gives the umps a free pass to make incorrect calls

just like the last year, right?

if the cubs can play this terribly and still win then they are sweeping the dodgers

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA STAY MAD WASHINGTON KEKS HAHAHAHAHAHA

Yeah, apparently that's the level of cusb fan rationalizing.