Hmmmm?

hmmmm?

>but he should post to Sup Forums

Didn't think I'd see myself on Sup Forums today. Weird board to post this on m8.

>Hurr I'm the authority on everything!

>thinking man

>tfw to smart for comics

yah they should go clean toilets like good wagies

shit thread

I, and the experts, agree:
>"Nerd culture is the product of a late capitalist conspiracy, designed to infantalize the consumer as a means of non-aggressive control."
- Simon Pegg
>"The movies are for children but they don't want to admit it. There's a small group of fans that do not like comic sidekicks. They want the films to be tough like The Terminator and they get very upset and opinionated about anything that has anything to do with being childlike."
- George Lucas
>"SW ate the heart and the soul of Hollywood. It created the big-budget comic book mentality."
- P. Schrader
>"A 12yo boy told me proudly that he had seen SW over a 100 times? I said 'could you promise never to see it again?' He burst into tears. I just hope the lad, now in his 30s, isn't living in a fantasy world of secondhand childish banalities"
- Alec Guinness
>"I don't think they are making [comic book movies] an elevated art form, I think it's still just Batman running around in a stupid cape. It's for kids, it's adolescent in its core."
- David Cronenberg
>"I don't want to see or make films about super heroes that fly around in spandex and a cape solving the problems of the world. I think it's fine for children, children of all ages by the way, but it's not for me."
- W. Friedkin
>“They have been poison, this cultural genocide, Because the audience is so overexposed to plot and explosions and shit that doesn’t mean nothing about the experience of being human.”
- A. Iñárritu
>"Superman makes me vomit, Batman and all of that. That whole empire, this religion... It is so important that superheroes suffer... I don't give a damn, I shit on the United States."
- A. Jodorowsky
>"To my mind, this embracing of what were unambiguously children's characters at their mid-20th century inception seems to indicate a retreat from the admittedly overwhelming complexities of modern existence"
- Alan Moore

anyone who disagrees with this is reddit

>Alan Moore
He wrote capeshit though.

he wrote capekino

lmao neo/tv/ triggered hard

Anyone with two brain cells to rub together knows it's true

there's plenty of genres just as child oriented, star wars/trek, most action movies, lotr/hobbit, harry potter, tom cruise's flicks, etc

No self-respecting adult would think to themselves "You know, I know exactly what's good for everyone around me, and I'm going to tell them so."

I don't read comics or watch every superhero flick that comes out. Why should I give a fuck about people who do? They can do whatever, I don't care nor have any opinion of it, as it's not my place, and because... well I just don't care.

>no adult should buy comics
This.

Kids need to start paying for their own shit again. Allowance breeds ingrates who take good storytelling for granted.

Anyone who enjoys superhero movies deserves a bullet through the head

>there are people on this board, maybe even ITT that not only buy comic book movies, but buy comic book merchandise as well

Turns out I'm a self-respecting adult. What an age we live in.

Pegg is a hack fraud

He actually retracted/further explained what he meant days later but that wouldn't fit into 's little infodump

He's not wrong though.