I saw GY!BE yesterday, AMA

I saw GY!BE yesterday, AMA

Attached: lift your skinny fists.jpg (900x900, 329K)

nah no one cares about that band any more. hope you had a good time tho

Do you like crescendos?

The new album was legitimately very good and I feel like people fail to appreciate it more because of fatigue than because of the merits or weaknesses of the music itself.

What was their setlist?

I'm seeing them in Vancouver in June.

To be honest I loved their newest album. Its easily their happiest record yet (despite the weird ass art and inserts), of course the lack of samples is upsetting but I figured they were gone forever anyway.

i saw them friday it was fucking amazing, made me appreciate luciferian towers a lot more

I keep hoping to hear more spoken word shit and field samples at some point, but I don't think they're ever coming back.

I haven't listened to the album, but I must ask what exactly are they fatigued by?

Which is too bad cause "WITH HIS ARMS OUTSTRETCHED" may actually be my favourite one

if I'm fatigued at a musician's work, the quality of the music must not be too great. otherwise why would I lose interest

GYBE are only back to make a paycheck. they haven't written a single interesting piece since reuniting

big mistake, youre in ott county.

Attached: chrisott.jpg (1280x720, 47K)

Pretty sure they played Storm, Providence, Dead Flag Blues, and like two others I can't remember the names of, RIP

I'm glad you're seeing them, I've been to hundreds of shows, and I'm almost positive that I'll never be able to experience the unbelievable soundscape I did last night.

>GYBE are only back to make a paycheck.

Are you stoned? They literally pissed away $300,000 from the CDN gov't by donating it all. I don't think their records sell much, m8.

when i went friday it was hope drone, undoing a tower, bosses hang, senpai/famine, bbf3 and something else i cant remember, which is pretty consistent with other setlists ive seen for the tour

so you fell for that PR stunt, cool. and the money is in the touring, the records are just promo for shows

Just Godspeed/this sound in general.

And it's just one line that's repeated once, but yeah it's a memorable and effective one. Not really sure why because I still don't understand what's supposed to be happening there.

>GYBE are only back to make a paycheck
Yeah, this is the stupid bullshit that makes me ready and willing to dismiss people's opinions wholesale.

Moya I think? That's what I'm seeing online.

Pretty good kinda hope they play East Hastings since they're playing a stone's throw away from the actual street but I doubt it.

I think why its so memorable is because I have no idea the context of it at all. It puts a really vivid visual in my head every time though

I used to think it took place in a hospital for some strange reason. I'm not sure now.

I always imagine first responders out on a highway somewhere at night in the rain.

>people fail to appreciate it more because of fatigue
soI should appreciate them just putting out slight variations on the same album because this would be one of my favorites if I'd heard it first?

Seeing them next month. How loud are the shows? Earplugs needed or no? (Hyperacusis from too many concerts, have to be careful).

I'm not necessarily saying that, and I do legitimately understand the fatigue, but this is very different melodically and timbrally from a lot of the things they've done in the past and I think the general fatigue of the style is blinding people to the ways this album is different.

i didnt use them and i dont have tinnitus but ive also been to very few concerts and try to be cautious about volume so i could have just gotten lucky

Me too! 9:30 club always host awesome concerts
Goodspeed You! Black Emperor at 9:30 club Washington, DC
1. Hope Drone
2.Mladic
3.Bosses Hang
4.Senpai/Famine
5.Undoing a Luciferian Towers
6.Moya
7.BBF3
Not that loud t b h, I went to Death Grips and it was way louder than them in my opinion

Attached: DSC_0120.jpg (3264x2448, 2.11M)

How does it compare to a Swans show?

Probably less rowdy and more pretentious. I remember I almost went to a Godspeed show in 2012 and even then I'd been told by people that their shows are kind of boring. Even fans of the band have commented that they're kind of dull shows sometimes.

that had better just be a remark upon who they're able to book and not an endorsement of the venue