What were they thinking?

What were they thinking?

Other urls found in this thread:

letswatchstartrek.com/tng-episode-guide/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I wish Wesley has died on this planet

>I don't feel like writing anything new, let's just use this old TOS script from the 60s.

I wish I lived in a place where I could dress similar to this, I believe I was meant to live in the tropics

>damn, we look aesthetic as fuck for our respective ages

mirin those gains no homo

But you have it better now than ANYONE in the past. You could live in ANY biome you WANT now. People back then didn't have a choice!

>this old TOS script from the 60s
Even if it wasn't, it sure did feel like one.
>beam down to planet and make contact with people who don't have warp capability in blatant disregard to the Prime Directive
>they're all wearing the same clothes and are all 100% white

I tried wearing underwear similar to this once and fell out the side of them. And these fuckers were literally running around everywhere with shit bouncing and somehow staying secure. Not sure what's going on with those guys, but they don't seem to have adult sized genitals.

>they're all wearing the same clothes and are all 100% white
whats wrong with that? there was a black equivalent like 3 eps prior

Their culture was highly refined and ritualistic like ancient china they weren't "blacks" you racist. Picard and Troi talk about this explicitly.

so they weren't black because their culture was different but the other planet is white even though their culture is different and that makes me racist

hmmm

>hey look at this planet full of fit, happy people with a firmly established culture!
>I sure hope nothing sinister is going on here!

I wasn't talking about the other culture. Picard and Troi never talked about them except for their being the planet of /fit/izens

so why are they white and the others aren't black?

Making shows while taking copious amounts of psychedelics

I just saw this episode today! Im watching TNG for the first time. Im completely ew to Star Trek (except the odd episode as a kid and two of the Chris Pine movies). Im really enjoying it so far.

Did I pick a good series to start with? Should I expect greatness or mediocrity? Any advice on what to watch next in the Trek universe? I plan on doing all of TNG in order. TOS seems interesting but I dont usually like older shows.

Ive been told TNG gets great around Season 3 btw. Cant wait. Im just finished "Justice". Fuck Wesley...

I never said they were white that was the other guy

The Royale is a great season 2 episode.
Measure of a Man is one of the best TNG of all. Also season 2.

I'm watching it for the first time too, though I'm following this and only having the worst eps play in the background

letswatchstartrek.com/tng-episode-guide/

Scores seem pretty accurate so far at least.

Can any Star Trek character defeat shirtless Kirk in single combat?

Briefly, what is it? I dont want to click on something with spoilers.

If it's just episode ratings, wouldnt that cheapen your experience of watching it for the first time? Or do you not want to waste an hour on what other people collectively say is a trash episode? I like going in blind usually

THE CAT'S EYES'LL SPIN!!!!

no spoilers, just ranks them from 1-5 and says whether they are skippable or not.

I wouldn't really say it cheapens it, maybe even enhances it because you're filtering the widely agreed lower-quality content.

Go in Blind. The only episode to skip is Shades of Grey, final episode of season 2 it's a clip show. Although there is a comfy swamp planet in the first couple minutes.

Despite some phenomenal peak episodes, I think TNG on average is the second worst Star Trek series after VOY, largely for shit like this.

>Skipping TOS
>Using an episode guide

How horrifying

Thanks.Appreciate it but I dont think I can do that to myself. I dont trust reviews. Not all episodes are equal but still....it's like that Dragon Ball Z shit where they cut out all the travel and training episodes. Fuck that.

Thanks

Law of averages dictates that if there are planets full of rape gangs, there must be planets full of swingers.

why does he have a camel toe?

>Did I pick a good series to start with? Should I expect greatness or mediocrity? Any advice on what to watch next in the Trek universe? I plan on doing all of TNG in order. TOS seems interesting but I dont usually like older shows.

Thanks for the valuable input.

Cry more skipfag.

TOS takes a bit of getting used to because you're not used to shows not having modern style fast editing. You have to get acclimated, it can take a while, but trust me it's worth it. The concepts and originality of the original series is never topped by any other trek show.

I did a theatrical resume for one of the actors from this episode, he said the costume was uncomfortable and Marina Sirtis had a big ass.

Exciting gossip, amirite

Big ass AND big tiddies. Troi has stacked. Too bad she looks like a heap of towels these days.

Depends. Is this robot kirk, evil kirk, alternate universe kirk, alternate universe ghost kirk, alternate universe evil kirk, regular kirk, nazi kirk or psychic kirk?

Wait, I forgot insane kirk, brainwashed kirk, native indian kirk, hippy kirk, female kirk, klingon kirk, romulan kirk, good side kirk, sargon kirk, garth kirk, generations kirk, flashback kirk, nutrek kirk or gangster kirk or terror at 10,000 feet kirk?

They weren't. It's an awful episode.

I wish during the filming of the episode wil died.

>wishing actual death on Wil Wheaties

It's just Roddenberry and his drug-addled utopian bullshit...

I do. I do every night before bed. That child is one of the worst human people on this horrible earth.

the rape gang planet was a failed human colony. several alien races in the first few seasons of tng were just people who looked completely human

although the amazon planet and the society of backwards africans could have been old human colonies that fell out of touch with the federation, they weren't presented as such

because they're wearing gender benders to keep their junk from falling out

THICC seasons 1-2 Troi > all other trois

Just watched "Q who", didn't expected space horror in Star Trek.
>that fucking nursery scene

Q going off about the Q is probably the high point of TNG for me.

That ep had the best TNG QT3.14 desu

naw desu

I don't wish death on him, but I still think he's a douche. He makes a large amount of money most people would cut their limbs off to make purely from TNG royalties and autographs, and instead of being gracious about it, he acts like a chode and props himself up as some kind of moral authority.

>3 Trek threads up at once

STOP DIVIDING US REEEE

And Wesley got Zero Pussy in that episode, too.

>find perfect utopia
>feel the need to lecture them on your own subjective version of morality because muh feelerinos

Ebin.

> and Marina Sirtis had a big ass

He must think anything past flat ass is big.

He made up for it in pic related.