What happens in this place? Also, what the fuck Russia?

What happens in this place? Also, what the fuck Russia?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qTqTG6Na1xM
youtu.be/S8Tbn-KeEog
youtube.com/watch?v=PnwNOtG06Dg
youtube.com/watch?v=Me8fZdg8JVU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flight_and_expulsion_of_Germans_(1944–50)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

used to be a place that spawned some of the greatest philosophers, mathematicians and scientists in history, but that was obviously before it became Russian

Needs to be split between Lithuania and Poland, obviously

Kant

eh boring stuff, typical baltic city. my city is twinned with kaliningrad.

Parking lot for this stuff
youtube.com/watch?v=qTqTG6Na1xM

Used to be the original capital of Prussia, now the Russians have turned it into a complete shithole.

The Russians living there are also allowed to travel to Poland visa-free, because they are good for business as they love buying Western stuff in the Polish shops at the border.

Putin tried to stop the visa-free travel a few years ago, but he failed

youtu.be/S8Tbn-KeEog

I hope we get to play there at the WC next summer.

t. Polak

MISSILES

>Used to be the original capital of Prussia
>unironically mistaking hauptstadt IN and hauptstadt VON preußen

What do you mean by this?

Prussia literally originated from Kaliningrad aka Königsberg.
Brandenburg and the rest of the regions around Berlin and further away all became parto of Prussia later on.

but why it became russian if it has such a clear baltic german origin? what's Russia's reasoning for keeping it?

you dont need a reason to keep clay

Russia aka the Soviet Union wanted to move their borders as westwards as possible, they didn't giva a fuck that the place was Prussian in culture and Prussia practically stopped exisiting anyway after WW I

you're wrong, prussia became part of brandenburg, but the rulers of brandenburg took over the name prussia because prussia was outside of the hre so they could call themselves kings. brandenburg was part of the hre so they were always lower than the emperor there.

ah well if you count in that prehistoric teuton stuff then i guess you're right. i thought prussia was formed through the coronation of friedrich i. and his weird title könig in (not von) preußen

Is it comfy to live there?

That doesn't change the fact that Prussia originated in what is now Kaliningrad.

my prussian ancestors :)

>Is it comfy to live there?
No. It's Russia.

No.

All the comfy lakes of the Masurian region are on the Polish side of the border.

Is it comfy to live in this place?

I didn't know the word Kaliningrad triggered Germans so much

Not anymore. It's filled to the brim with tourists.

B-but I'm a tourist

Here are some videos:

youtube.com/watch?v=PnwNOtG06Dg

youtube.com/watch?v=Me8fZdg8JVU

Bit rich coming from a shithole like Portugal.

The polish are cucks. We saw that in ww2

Australia may be developed and shit but it ain't comfy

>coming from a country whose people literally starved to death like 5 minutes after gaining independence

wew

If Poland is so great then why are you in Germany? And why do millions of Poles flood Western Europe?

Poland is a shithole.

Then yes.

t. russian immigrant

I would say enclaves and exclaves are patrician; but generally they're found in poorer countries from either colonialism or tribalism, and life is pretty shit in them with tough borders and limited access to services in your own country.

That was pre independence la. Also I'm English anyways

But anyway, you are referring to a bad thing so you should feel ashamed my friend

Poland got fucked up by communism and my father got a good job offer as an engineer in Germany in the early 90s and took it, that's why I'm here

And while obviously still poorer than Germany, Poland has quite developed since the fall of communism, I could actually comfortably live there as well these days.

It is one of the richest countries on Earth actually.

evacuation, forced deportations and relocations.

Don't bother, if you're not ahead of them you're a third world shithole because 'muh gdp'. I wouldn't trade living in any EU country for fucking Australia.

>this coming from Chile

Yeah, nothing happened before that. Aggression was totally Soviet. They should trust the peaceful Germans.

we didn't ask for it back after the annexation of the GDR
Russia was prepared to cede it

Hitler got BTFO at the end haha what a crazy story

exclaves and enclaves should not be allowed

..what are you talking about, Mr. not even owning his whole home island

delete this post

Delete this

Stupid move by our government if you ask me. Even if we hadn't benefited from it economically, it would have been great to have it back for prestige.

You'll always be a country in Africa

The Soviet Union actually offered to sell it back to the Germans but by that point it was ruined and the Germans would be stuck with a R*skie filled zone.

Russia wiped you little niggers off the map. Don't make them do it again. Maybe they'll ass rape England while their at it since they didn't do shit in WWII other than hide.

Russians and English both suck as a people, but at least Russians have hot women and aren't cucked by niggers and sand chimps.

(you)

Indeed, now kindly give back that part of France by the border you stole.

>Russia wiped you little niggers off the map.
>Germany is still on the map
Americans are not specially smart, are they?

i dont know anyone who gives a shit about kaliningrad

We should definitely have our team camp there during the World Cup. The Teutons coming back to claim their homeland and all.

>Having the birth of your culture torn to shreads

Literally and unironically permacucked tbqh

I hope you aren't referring to Germany as a whole

we in the south have nothing to do with prussian culture, to hell with it and good that it's gone

I identify more with austria and switzerland than I do with prussia

Do they teach you about Eastern Front in spic countries? Or you only know Day D?

thanks for proving your great education
they stole it from us in the 1640, that's catalonia

so? there's no reason for still keeping that

The eastern front/Russia won the war. Spics aren't educated though so don't even bother replying to them.

Fuck I hate beaners.

It depends on which kind of school you go. I went to a good tech school and the third year of history deals with mostly modern and post-modern history, so we had a fair share of WWII, including Eastern Front, but it's usually focused on the politics and specific battles (like Stalingrad, one of the Kharkov battles, Kursk and then it jumps to Berlin, like it was a blur over 2 or 3 years). But we do study a lot Omaha, Market Garden, some of the italian front (because hues) and the shit that went in Pacific.

We know all your grandmas got the D

>implying Germany didn't blow the game
Battle of Britain was the true turning point

Germany is in fact quite diverse (I mean in that it has a lot of varities of 'German' rather than varities of people) and even when they finally unified in 1871 all the various small kingdoms in Germany didn't want to give up their titles so they just worked around it and called the new German state an 'empire'. It's true that Prussia is effectively dead (the godless, soulless GDR also had a role in that process, not just Kalinngrad), but many other kinds of 'German' are still around such as Swabians and Bavarians.

Football clubs like Borussia Dortmund and Borussia Monchengladbach were founded during the time when Prussia still existed and was the leading component of Germany, hence their names - like a sort of way of trying to integrate into Prussian German, that fashion ended after WW1 and almost certainly became nonsensical after WW2.

The reason is simple: only Russians live there
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flight_and_expulsion_of_Germans_(1944–50)

move them like you move other people in the past

Enclaves/exclaves generally mean tense relations. They will be the first ones to get fucked in case of a war. Or at least they will get fucked the hardest by starvation, ethnic cleansing and deportation.

Too crowded.

We like comrade Hobsbawn a lot in the third world. He doesn't exactly sell the URSS short.

"Kaliningrad is an exclave but not an enclave"
Discuss, and give two examples.

I have a better question, how is fucking Cyprus a country that exists?

If UN and the rest of the countries still let Brazil exist, it's pretty much accepted that anything goes.
Kinda sad, I know.

don't wish for it or mericants will use the CIA to push some ebin independent memes among you and divide you right up in less than 20 years

CIA already had their share of participation on our politics back in the late 60's and early 70's to push the neoliberal agenda on these parts. It didn't go as well as in Chile, and it's probably our fault. At some point, they just stopped giving a fuck and focused on Colombia, Nicaragua and else.

you illiterate fuck.

Prussia is the Duchy Brandenburg in disguise.

Brandenburg annexed the remains of the teutonic order, prussia, so the duke of brandenburg could name himself king

It's rightful German clay desu. Don't tell them though or Mutti will march through Poland and dumb a load of brown "people" there. Do you really want to see a new world war after she invaded Poland to reach it and cause the collapse of the EU? On second thought, someone tell Mutti it's rightful German clay.