Why did this final shot work so fucking well?

Why did this final shot work so fucking well?

it didn't though. most disappointing deadpan ending ever.

This movie killed the horror genre. Set the bar so low.

Because they set it up well at the beginning and it was what the entire movie was building up towards.

Because it ties with the single instance they ever tell you nabout what the witch did right at the beginning of the movie.

If one movie can kill a genre, the genre was dying anyway.

haha we get it ok RE7 is a movie game

Because it builds on one of the best horror principles since the dawn of time. The imagination of the horror in the head of the audience.

Probably the last true horror movie ever made. After that the nu-slasher genre drove the entire genre into the ground.

It didn't kill anything. Au contraire, it spawned a new subgenre of horror.

By then I wanted a piss as well.

The Babadook and It Follows were great films with thematic depth (you could make the argument It Follows is good rather than great and I wouldn't argue much). The Conjuring lacks depth but is a well-made horror film. The Conjuring 2 sucked. Insidious is okay-good. Both Woman In Black films were well made, decent films with plenty of depth. That movie where the woman moves to England to babysit an old couple's doll was alright. The Autopsy Of Jane Doe could've been great, but only ended up being okay after 30 minutes. Some GOAT 30 minutes though. I think that's all the horror I've been watching lately. It's not dead, man.

Fifth post best post

>Because it builds on one of the best horror principles since the dawn of time. The imagination of the horror in the head of the audience.
Sounds like lazy writing.
>what actually happened?
>idk whatever you think happened lol xD

>it follows
>great
>good
Lotta plebs on today.

Nice argument, my man. Ace stuff. Really gave me a lot to reply to.

It's one of the bravest movies in a genre dominated by coward filmakers

No argument intended, my man. Just wanted to call a spade a spade.

As a kid, it was the sheer amount of confusing as to what the fuck was happening, why he was doing that,and why he wouldn't respond, that made it so horrifying and to this day stands out to me.

Whatever form of horror that is, I have no idea. Anticlimactic, perhaps, but I feel like it just adds to how fucking eerie it is.

But Airplane wasn't bad and it killed disaster movies for years

Really know I hit a nerve when you start parroting the same stuff all over again :^)

Don't worry. I'm sure you'll get over it in a day or two.

What the fuck is that?

It gives plenty of detail while being ambiguous as to the true nature of what's stalking them in the woods. Plus that house at the end had great tension.

More like it was so fucking good and fucked with the real world so hard with its ARG and viral marketing campaign that nobody ever attempted to replicate it, if we consider the BWP as not only the film but everything surrounding it, nothing in the horror genre will ever come close.

They say the Witch used to kidnap children and make them each stand in a corner while she killed them one by one.

Spooky. Also the fact that you never see the Witch makes it even better. Imagination is the scariest thing in a horror movie, and they captured it perfectly. I think they described the Witch as having hair all over it's body and looking demonic.

Also, the idea that The Witch put a spell on the Forest/The crew not allowing them to escape and the nights getting more and more intense was awesome.

this film grew on me over the years. as a kid watching it for the first time i just mainly watched it because everyone was talking about it, and also for the snot nose scene. but growing older i went back to it again and realized it's actually a very good horror movie in a way it creates tension and doesn't really elaborate outside the whole spooky forests feel, but because of how well they captured the atmosphere it really makes me leave it to my imagination (well before the recent blair witch film) about what is out in that forest. it is a film shrouded in mystery for me and leaving it to my imagination to fill in the gaps inbetween is why it's a great horror film for me.

It speaks to your inner child, when you are child you are vulnerable and at the mercy of bigger, smarter, stronger persons, we all know he is "waiting" but at the same time he looks like he is grounded,

There was no witch, it was the two dudes fucking with the girl the whole time

That's a CIA blacksite ya dringus

>Both Woman In Black films were well made, decent films with plenty of depth

Then what was that video game character in the sequel supposed to be?

So the two dudes murdered somebody and took out their teeth and left it for Heather to find despite the fact we're given no foreshadowing that Josh or Mike have the capabilities to be murderers? Mike and Josh set up those effigies in the trees days before they all went out? C'mon, son.

It didn't

Shit movie

>Both Woman In Black films
Hold up there was a second one?

Bye bye man is great from what I hear!

It didn't need a sequel

>Mike and Josh set up effigies
Why do you find this so hard to believe?

More so the second one, but the first one was 6/10 stuff. The shots of the dilapidated village that's been ravaged by the woman for years and years were good. There should've been a LOT more of that. Daniel Radcliffe, when he wasn't speaking, had a great presence as a broken man. The dialogue between Mr. Daley and Harry was a little stilted, and it came off as strange to me that Mr. Daley invited Arthur into his house to meet his wife because of said stilted dialogue.

However the second movie threw some curveballs, man. The head mistress comes off as a 2dimensional bitch who was going to be killed off for the audience's pleasure. But then she talks about her husband who is a soldier to the protagonist, giving her a heap of depth and characterization that made her feel real. The same goes with soldier boy. He comes off as a shorhorned romance for the film to eventually kill off. But he has his own troubles and worries, much like the protagonist. All the primary characters have dealt with some kind of loss, and are all trying to deal with it in their own ways. It particularly pays off with flyboy when he sacrifices himself, conquering his fear of water to save the protagonist. The film also toys with the idea that the protagonist could become a new woman in black, but doesn't do anything of real substance with it unfortunately. It's all good stuff, though. Better than the first for certain.

>It didn't need a sequel
I agree, but it still exists.

>Why do you find this so hard to believe?

It makes for an infinitely^2 less interesting film if Josh and Mike were fucking with Heather. All of Mike and Josh's grief was just acting to play it up for Heather, instead of genuine fear and distrust of each other for being lost in the woods. You remove ALL of that depth if you go "lol they were fucking with Heather."

How did they make the sounds of children in the woods then?

I don't remember that

One thing that made Blair Witch so good was that it didn't spoon feed you

BWP was shit-tier trash for moronic tween who couldn't handle Cannibal Holocaust!!!FACT!!!

Really creeping me out, man. You should probably eat something.

I eat yo mama's pussy all the time but it's calorie free despite being fat as fuck!!!FACT!!!

fuck off film theory

Don't tell me you are missing the chance to see the best tits of the early 2000's in her prime, c'mon.

you have misunderstood what this thread is about

They actually ran out of film to shoot. The ending shot is a "happy accident".

>putting the babadook next to it follows or even anywhere
>no vvitch, green room

cancer