The Hurt Locker

How is this considered amazing? It's a 6/10 at best. 6 Oscars? What the fuck.

Should have been seven

>Best Actor for Jeremy Renner

Babby's first Oscars

That movie was terrible. Oscars are meaningless.

It was an excellent movie. You just don't like it cause you're a misogynist pig.

War movie with a female director. It's literally 2008 how can you still have these opinions

>propaganda war movie about a war that should've never even happened

guaranteed oscars

But it's not, literally no one even remembers it.

fucking boring shit,
i love that the director tried to sue people DL illegally when it did shit at the box office
maybe it was a shit movie darling

Thought it was dogshit, what were they thinking making a woman direct a war movie?

If it was directed by someone else it would be considered an arthouse war movie, the pacing and the way every scene is presented is top notch

fuck you
the only people who dislike this film are soldiers whining about a couple of minor inaccuracies or rednecks that support war cause muh patriotism, but don't want to acknowledge the grim reality of the psychological effect it has on its soldiers

Bruh you won't get it till you experience PTSD or Paranoid Schizo episode. It's about not giving a fuck and loosing your self preservation cause the world is hostile the whole time so why care even.

I feel that they have captured the essence of this better than most films and the only other film that comes close is Rambo 1.

"You enjoy all the killing don't you Snake" isn't exactly an original idea user. That idea alone is not enough to make this shitfest a good movie

Looking at the other nominees of that year, this was the best option tbf

Oscars are political and prearranged. Grow up.

ZDT was the superior film. Oper8or as fuck and has mommie.

American Sniper is even worse

It was topical. Anti-Iraq war, directed by a woman and all that. Oscar wins have been reserved for liberal propaganda for decades now.

That scene when he was in the grocery store though? So deep.

Like he never went to the grocery store before joining the Military.

Well then they should've made it militarily accurate. It's a sad world where the most accurate military things are hbo mini series. Generation kill is literally the best when it comes down to lingo, dialogue, customs and courtesies, etc. Hurt Locker had none of that. Standing at parade rest for an officer? Wearing two flags? Pulling 5 artillery shells(they're heavy af)? Or my favorite, sneaking off the fob? Did they have a single military advisor there? Hell was there even a single veteran on the set.

The fictional nature of it triggers me too much to enjoy it

Like we have a commissary too, which is basically a military walgreens

My bad

I liked it desu
The ending was great

Sure I get what you saying friend. Remember it's not historic piece and me as a pleb who never did any duty but suffered from crime induced PTSD can relate to it completely as can the other civilians that now has empathy for how and why soldiers comes home to there families emotionally fucked up.

It was okay, but it was completely undeserving of the hype it got.

It got six oscars because it had a very aggressive and well funded promotion campaign and because the director was a woman.

It's a forgettable mediocre film. I thought she did a much better job with zero dark thirty which i kind of liked.

Muh female director.

It was shit.

Good film.

Of course cinematically illiterate tourists of Sup Forums hate it.

>minor inaccuracies
It's almost entirely inaccurate, which I wouldn't care about if it didn't pretend like it was some realistic depiction of war and the behaviour of soldiers.

It's fine as a Jason Bourne-tier pseudo-correct movie that doesn't put so much effort into grounding itself and examining "real" situations, but it presented itself as exactly that.

>cinematically illiterate

m8 it literally opens with this quote, there is no deeper layer. It's filmmaking 101 from start to finish, boring, predictable and an insult to the intelligence of the viewer

It was about the effect of war on his psyche, not the specifics of the exact weapons used or policies in effect

This was way more fun than La La Land, fucking nu males ITT

embryo, please, you make me laugh.

wasn't the hurt locker suppose to be a more action-oriented movie than the suspenseful thriller a lot of critics held it as?

no, not at all
it's tense
there are very few "action" scenes, if any

Damn you must hate Schindler's List.

KINO
I
N
O

>muh female director
>muh military industrial complex

Remember, it was made by a woman.

So a) of course it's shit, and b) not giving it oscars would be an outrage because of sexism.

Women shouldn't be allowed to make movies about adult, male topics tbqh

Chris Hedges? Why would such a quote from him be given prominence? Has he ever been in a battle?

The jews couldn't be anti-american that year, voting for the best picture, that was Avatar. So they voted in this war propaganda flick instead.

The inaccuracies should be jarring to anyone with half a brain. I have no experience with the military, but I'm pretty sure you have to follow certain procedures. You can't just take off your headset, remove your bomb disposal outfit, stop following orders, run off to hunt Arabs on your own, leave base, etc. without a penalty.

I feel this film only won so Bigelow could get the oscar and Cameron wouldn't. Almost every film nominated for best picture and director was better, except The Blind Side and An Education (haven't seen).

So is this also the part where Sup Forums suddenly decides american psycho is shit?

He was a war correspondent afaik

I dig this movie a lot and am somewhat glad it won best picture. I don't necessarily think it's best picture material but it's interesting and badass enough that I'm behind it being one. Half the time now we get super politically correct mostly feel good hollywood wank bullshit. It was good to see a movie about based renner in a cat and mouse game with a bomb maker.

More like BUTHURT LOCKER amiright guise?

it's pretty good but it has zero rewatch value

this the problem. It's presented as a modern hyper realistic depiction (like its fuckin B.O.B or somethin) of modern warfare , but it's all total bullshit and false, bomb squad driving around on their own, an EOD just pulling a sniper outta his ass?

well, it could've been way worse

>6 Oscars? What the fuck.
2009 was a REALLY weak year for movies.

how to spot contrary pleb, movie was great

My god

Affirmative Action

that was way better than last bourne movie and that bourne movie with no bourne.Also Jason Isaacs was really cool delta dude in this.