ITT: language(s) that you have abandoned learning

ITT: language(s) that you have abandoned learning

Other urls found in this thread:

nsa.gov/news-features/declassified-documents/cryptologic-spectrum/assets/files/foreign_language.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

None but I have only learned 3 so far. All C2 (Maybe C1 in Japanese reading)

I don't understand people who only learn language just so they can order food or do simple greetings. If you learn it, go all the way.

Extremely easy language to learn, but I realized there's no point.
Most Germans (worth speaking to) know English.
Also, I just don't like most Germans. They're kind of insufferable.

根性無しめ

spanish classes were mandatory in the first two years of the high school I studied

never again

お前は馬鹿だぞ
If you give up something because it's difficult just fucking don't even try. Japanese is easier than Spanish imo. Have been studying for about 6 months and can read articles related to gaming and such.
It's really just down to how focused you are and how much you want it.

Working on RTK now.

Agreed.

If you can't put out more than a few days', or in some cases months' worth of work into learning a language then you might as well learn none.

>Japanese is easier than Spanish
Care to explain why you think that?

I've learned German (vocabulary's a bit small in it, I'll admit, tho), but every other language I have interest in learning is pretty low on educational resources.

:(

>Japanese is easier than Spanish
Objectively false

Spanish is literally the easiest language to learn for an English speaker and Japanese is the hardest

Its been studied
nsa.gov/news-features/declassified-documents/cryptologic-spectrum/assets/files/foreign_language.pdf

Japanese: Grammar is easy and straight forward with little nonregular things.
The only hard part is Kanji and counters. And even Kanji can be learned in 2 months.

Spanish: Grammar is complex. Studied in school and was harder than Japanese for me.

You're all just wimps that wanna play the "It's too hard i can't do it" card. Stop being a cunt and learn the language you wanna learn no matter how "hard" people say it is. You'll find with a lot of exposure it comes easy.

I no longer believe in the hype that Japanese is "Impossible to learn". IT's really not that hard.

So you've passed 1級?

One day I will try again, I promise

French and Dutch

some regional language

(you)
Fuck English and its people

French.

Because they only want to get by when they happen to visit a country that speaks the language. Not everyone is interested in a language's literature or what have you

I've not taken any sort of class or read any text books aside from Tae Kim and the Antimoon method of language learning.
I don't plan on taking classes. Waste of time.

Then your opinion on the difficulty of the language doesn't mean shit honestly.

JLPT is a good measure of passive ability (reading and listening) and if you aren't actually talking to Japanese people regularly (either living there, through language meetups, or in a classroom with an actual Japanese person) your speaking is almost certainly shit

But yea the conjugation from ます to ました is very intuitive and much easier than Spanish.

I like to tell myself that Japanese grammar is simple in apperance but complex in practice.

>JLPT
It's meme, I studied only 3 month and achieved JLPT N2

Isn't all historical material in Korea written in Kanji

I've met people that have taken the JLPT and cannot understand shit. My speaking is shit but my understanding is rather high for such a short amount of time.

My girlfriend is Japanese and we talk on Skype daily so i do get speaking practice. The JLPT is just so that Gaijin can feel good "Wow im so good at Nihongo xddd". When in reality they suck and probably couldn't make it through a manga.

>girlfriend
>skype

Shes using you for free English lessons

She speaks no English and we speak only in Japanese. But try again.

>another gaijin bite the dust
we did, we protected the purity of our land again! we keep bullying gaijins to death, my ancestors!

I gave up Spanish, forced to learn it at school and was pretty boring imo. I'm now learning japanese and it's far more interesting/beautiful to study

genetic purity means nothing if you're not culturally pure

i tried japanese but its so fucking useless

お前は外人だろ。
Thanks, スミス先生!

It's all about how much you want to learn the language. My girlfriend was a huge motivator and still is.
Find a language and culture that really interests you and go balls deep.

None.
I'm not a quitter.

You see, this is a real man right here.

>arabic
>easy to learn

French
Want to get back but don't have anyone around me to converse with. Also, would have been happier if my gf would also try to learn it...I find French speaking girls hot for some reason.

Just go to France as a "Refugee" and find a qt french girl. They'll give you food, a new Iphone and a place to live all while riding on the backs of the French tax payer.

Have fun Pajeet.

you're welcome poo, we have a lot of money for your kind of subhuman

...nice.

Spanish
Because it is ugly

Japanese, Latin, and Arabic. Abandoned them because I am a lazy fuck. Thinking of starting German now. Wonder how long it will take me to abandon that too.

I tried a bit of French before but i ended up leaving it (it was easy though). Now i'm thinking of learning Farsi