Try and give me the best film of 2016

try and give me the best film of 2016

((protip)) you can't

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/172951830
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No trolling but to me it was an average good movie. Like the one airing on a sunday afternoon. I am honestly surprised this was nominated for the best picture.

this made me really appreciate chris pine

might watch that movie with him and margot robbie

Hunt for the Wilderpeople
Embrace of the Serpent
The Wailing
Arrival
Manchester by the Sea
Handmaiden
Hacksaw Ridge
Silence
Paterson

manchester by the sea is the obvious choice bro

>this made me really appreciate chris pine

He's a god actor, but seeing him outside of movies makes you wonder if he might be some kind of automaton, watch any interview with him and it's like some kind of handsome jellyfish reacting to external stimuli

good description. I felt pretty much the same, and was expressing this idea to a friend last night. It's good, for sure, but best film? I haven't seen all the nominations, but it must be a shit year for film if this truly earned its place.

it was simple which is what made it good

i feel that way, too. i enjoyed the hell out of it, but it's not a best feature type film. felt the same way about Moonlight. i figure La La Land is going to take top honors if Hidden Figures doesn't pull a Spotlight.

> handsome jellyfish reacting to external stimuli

The patrician pleb-filter

That was my least favourite of the year.

Any reason why?

Yes but I feel like no one shares my opinion so I'm always afraid to talk about it. Overall I just felt it was a very sloppily made film. The editing felt awkward a lot of the time and I found the comedy to be pretty bad.

You shouldn't stress about nobody sharing your opinion. It's your own thing for a reason.

I could understand why people might not like it definitely, but I loved every minute personally.

tidder

vimeo.com/172951830

Fucking nailed it.

I liked it, but isn't it too much like Little Miss Sunshine to call it the best?