Serious question:

If you like his music how much credit does he actually deserve? He isn’t making any of the actual music. He is just going in there and screaming and then producers are tasked with making it appeal to people. He doesn’t make any of his own beats and his lyricism is pretty much a joke at this point but I think that’s kinda what he’s going for.

Attached: BD7323E6-0E4F-4F6F-A888-0A574C822B9B.png (589x489, 662K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=E7t8eoA_1jQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

it's "mood" music with a sense of aggressiveness, regardless of whether that aggression is legitimate or not. normies like it because it's "raw" or whatever.

Artist > Producer > Designer

Does he deserve 99% of the credit like he’s getting? Seems like he’s just a persona that the label is pushing but he isn’t actually “making” any of the music.

>didn't answer the question
I agree with OP and Fantano. Tekashi is a 5 minute wonder, because he looks funny and is """"edgy"""", but ultimately he will be forgotten.

who cares

the song chocolate is so good

Music has always had its manufactured pop stars nad "no talents", but the fact that people like this gain so much traction when real artists are struggling more than ever is worrying.

Nobody is giving him credit for the production . Idk where you are getting that he is

>ultimately he will be forgotten.
Lmao almost every single trap rapper will be forgotten.

You could say the same think about Lil Pump, but there's still something about Pump tracks that others don't easily emulate and that is recognisable. Some sort of atmosphere.

It's the whole package that makes it appealing I guess. And if a rapper has a series of songs you like while the producers differ, you'd have to conclude that they bring something essential to the table themselves.

it's his face and name on the label

NIGGAS IFFY UH
BLICKY GOT THE STIFFY UH

because he made the song...

Yeah he's the rapper who all the beats are made for and the only reason they have videos. Fact is though, NOBODY is giving him credit for production there isnt anybody who thinks he's making everything

penis stiffy uh
cum real sticky uh

I only like Gummo, his other stuff is trash.

Attached: 1502397447835.jpg (719x703, 224K)

It’s not necessarily that. But I see here over and over that TEKASHI is making great music. He’s not actually making anything.

But he didn't though, that's the whole discussion

Yes he is making music. Music is an ecosystem every part has its place. If the beat were the ocean 69 would be a fish. Some people are more interested in the water OTHERS are interested in the wildlife.

So you’re saying the rich music executives are making music? He never gets that quavo feature without the money backing him up. So the music exec is making the music too? Everyone has their part. The answer is yes there are a lot of contributing parts but 6ix9ine is making music in the way a someone who writes a letter is delivering mail. Yes they are there but they barely do anything.

>He isn’t making any of the actual music.
dont start a topic on a subject you dont understand.

I still think it's surreal that /fa/'s pussy nigga came so far

Let’s hear it then. How is he making any of the music? He literally just screams and buys beats then pays producers to master it. His lyrics are probably st least in some way influenced by the label to promote degeneracy too. Let’s hear your argument faggot

Writing the letter is harder than delivering the mail. And honestly there wouldn't even be anything to deliver if it wasn't written so which is more important?

>focus groups have been responding positively to blicky got the sticky
>how is response to niggas iffy
>we're getting neutral feedback
>hard to determine
>let's set up another group for testing
>were we able to correlate face tattoo density to social media impressions
>absolutely sir, strong evidence
>let's add another face tattoo, aiming for July as we are expecting popularity lull in this time period

Attached: Boardroom-meeting_DSC2850.jpg (1600x754, 981K)

Ok I made a bad analogy. He is making music in the same way someone putting gas in a car builds the car. Yes, the car wouldn’t go without the gas, but the car is where the real value is.

this point is so stupid. Producers are widely appreciated in hip hop. Usually the producers name is somewhere in the track title. Its known that you simply get a better song when the rapper focuses his efforts on becoming a better rapper and the producer on trying to be better at what they do. It makes sense to me. But obviously OP doesnt like hip hop but felt entitled to make a thread about it because of feefees

>he just screams
Just because you can't understand it doesn't mean it doesn't flow or have merit

Modern trap rappers are basically just mascots for the producers. They all have silly colored hair, ridiculous face tats, dress like clowns etc. They're characters and they sell the beat. Kind of like a hype man. They don't really add much besides personality I guess. Just there to get you amped up or make you laugh or nod along

The gas would be people buying his record. The producers are the engine but 69 would be the body of the car.

>Its known that you simply get a better song when the rapper focuses his efforts on becoming a better rapper and the producer on trying to be better at what they do
The two most respected rappers in hip hop right now make their own beats for the most part - Kanye and Kendrick. So I’m not sure where you got this opinion from.

>obviously OP doesnt like hip hop
What makes this obvious? Because I don’t listen to faggots screaming that turned into a meme? I like hip hop and even a lot of mainstream hip hop but this dude is hot trash

No wrong. He’s simply the faggot that makes it all go. Besides that he does none of the work

>focuses his efforts on becoming a better rapper

Whys kodak black getting all these hot beats then? It's a crying shame how many fire beats have been wasted on that nigga

kek

Believe me im well aware of kanye and kendrick. But the fact is that most rappers do not, and theres nothing wrong with that.

you might wanna make homophobic remarks in B if thats your thing. i said you dont like hip hop because of your utter faliure to understand the culture. not because of what artists you choose to subjectively like or dislike.

>muh you don’t liek who I like so you fail to understand the culture
Imagine being the\is arrogant and pretentious. Especially when you like this faggot

Attached: D9448CE9-7304-40FB-A602-61963C157CB2.jpg (356x356, 46K)

I like his interviews.

Boom ah ah blood i let my nuts hang blood

This. I hate his music but the interviews are actually entertaining.

>Offended by homophobic remarks
>says he's a fan of hip hop culture

XD

It's okay because they're ignorant, poorly educated black people

>the\is
This*

im not offended, just adhering to the Sup Forums rules. we have a board for that content and its B. read the rules man

What the fuck does "ah ah" mean? I thought he was having a stroke or something

parrot sounds to match his colourful look

You’re allowed to say faggot on this board not sure where you got that. 6ix9ine is a faggot

i was simply referring to the part where you dont see how not producing your own beats doesnt disqualify an artists brand and musicianship :D i even said that tastes are subjective... i dont know why youre attacking me like i have issue with the other anons musical taste.

Kendrick doesn't make his own beats. He's highly involved in the process but he's not just sitting in his room on his laptop producing

Jesus this dude fucking nailed it

That’s fair for sure. It’s 1000x more than TEKASHI does though

I didn’t say not producing your beats disqualifies you. Doing zero work to the point where you are just screaming disqualifies you.

Haha. ok, didnt realize i was wasting my time with you. Cant believe youre using a subjective thing like that to base your opinion on.

ya it sounds like you just dont like the music lol
what a pointless thread

I don’t like the music but I said that in op. I’m asking what credit he deserves and the answers so far have been basically none.

So you’re saying he’s a good musician? I don’t understand? He doesn’t make any of the music and does zero of the mastering. He literally just goes in the booth and screams while a team of producers are tasked with making it sound okay.

His flow isn't even proprietary as well. He just jacked juvenile's flow and layered it over an fl studio loop

Wow so deep what an incredible and astute observation. You did it bros you managed to crack the code! Thank you for all your hard work. What would we do without intellectuals like you? I wish we could go back to the good old days of rap when the MC put more effort into their rhymes. I mean look at this youtube.com/watch?v=E7t8eoA_1jQ and tell me it's not more impressive than anything 6ix9ine did.

i dont think either of us know enough about his creative process to say
but having good beat selection has always been a huge part of being a good rapper
the rapper is part of the music
not sure why thats so hard to understand

that is a totally different style and not what 6ix9ine is going for
i dont see why you cant like both

>He literally just goes in the booth and screams
see... this is ridiculous hyperbole. im not interested in responding to this.

Sounds like you just dont ''get'' hip-hop, man
Sorry

Hahahahahahaha see

If you actually look at the credits, he has more writing credits than some of the usual rappers. Travis Scott sometimes has up to 14 people writing his songs and doesn't produce much anymore. DRAM has more writers and so does Kendrick. Kodak Black and Young Thug are the same as 6ix9ine as far as involvement goes

Kendrick does not make his own beats except for contributing a minimal part to XXX

Care to explain his contributions then?

no. make of him what you will?

Oh okay so you can’t. I made a thread asking for someone to explain his contributions and no one to this point has come up with anything. You’re all just “meh I can’t respond to this user” kys faggot

I’ll be waiting on this if any of his fans can come up with anything besides him being the mascot

Yep I saw it
and that proves my point that you just dont ''get'' hip-hop, man
Sorry

I told you he writes his songs in the same way and has the exact same relationship to producers that most prominent rappers right now do. You are just ignoring it and saying Kendrick has '1000x' more involvement without any evidence. You aren't divorcing your hatred of this person from the facts

>getting this riled up about a rainbow-haired rapper named after a sex position
Lmao this is why I love 6ix9ine

Attached: Up3FbuF[1].jpg (3072x3072, 553K)

>godammit what happened
>the blicky sir
>it didn't have the sticky to the degree our audience was expecting
>the niggas iffy team was not able to finish focus grouping, we had to get our product onto the market as we had data suggesting Lil Pump was taking our market share
>FUCK
>what's it going to take for blicky to get the sticky
>engineering is contacting 3M and dupont for stickiness solutions sir
>CONTACTING? GET THE FUCKING TEAM IN HERE RIGHT NOW. EVERYTHING IN THIS BUILDING NEEDS TO BE STICKY IN THE NEXT HOUR.

Attached: dreamstime_m_13106926.jpg (1000x615, 212K)

thats because you are acting so dumb... like im not interested in proving anything to. you said it yourself already.

"pretty much a joke at this point but I think that’s kinda what he’s going for."

still better than the alt-right

HAHAHHAHAHAH

ITS FUNNY COS ITS TRUE

How does he do no work? He performs the music on stage , he travels , he does interviews he does videos he promotes it. Don't be a retard

Listen to Billy and then decide

terribly unfunny
i feel bad for how much effort you put into these posts

this guy had the patience to explain these very simple concepts. be thankful OP.

I don't get the mentality where you're just like "alright I'm famous, I've made it. I'm just gonna stop writing, producing and pretty much making my own music and just coast" It's like wtf? You can finally do what you've dreamed of doing and you just stop once you get a little attention? Shit's whack

something like bla bla or et cetera and so on

that's exactly like the original mc's though, full circle

neck yourself

lmao struck a nerve there, didnt i

yes this thread does strike a nerve, its embarrassing to look at lol

I love 6ix9ine. He's everything a modern trap rapper should be in my opinion. He looks ridiculous, acts ridiculous, talks a lot of shit, is always causing controversy, gets you pumped up when he's on the track etc. I'd take a 6ix9ine over any of these boring autotune niggas with choker necklaces

In other words
>this user explained what I don’t have the capacity to. I can’t respond to your natural questions but CAN respond saying that I can’t respond.

Kys

shit wrong thread but still, kill urslef

cant argue with that
what a pointless OP

Yeah, it's not a bad thing. There's some great lyrical rappers around now too but I dunno, I find a lot of them corny. A lot of them are so influenced by eminem its ridiculous. And I can't really stomach eminem

pfft. can you stop with the hyperbole for once

desire to respond =/= capacity to respond

god u are very stupid

The thing is you ARE responding and saying you can’t respond. You are taking the time out to say you can’t respond. You’re retarded

Where is there a hyperbole in that response? Do you know what that is?

you implied that i am not capable of explaining what that user did
>He performs the music on stage , he travels , he does interviews he does videos he promotes
hyperbole is you implying im not capable of this when ive already formed more complex sentences.

No a hyperbole is using exaggerated statements to make a point. You are literally retarded user just pic related

Attached: 2E6CAC84-4DBD-4F55-9835-8F80162AE1F8.jpg (396x382, 41K)

Attached: image.jpg (238x192, 14K)

So just proving my point that he isn’t anything except the face of the brand? Thank you

Rap? More like RETARDS ATTEMPTING POETRY XDDD like this if you won’t let the spirit of rock n roll die!!!!

Can't spell CRAP without RAP

This.