I know this has an actual name; the fuck is this pointless detailing called?

I know this has an actual name; the fuck is this pointless detailing called?

Other urls found in this thread:

memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Trek_model_kits
memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Unnamed_Earth_starships
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greeble
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Autism

details?

memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Trek_model_kits

It is somewhere in there, but I'm not reading it for you.

Hull panels?

No, there's a specific term for where someone designs a thing, and its decided that it looks too bare so they just add a bunch of crap on it.

Good enough for me, thank you.

greebles

It's called greeble user

Greeble?

>called star destroyer
>doesn't destroy stars

>called death star
>only destroys planets

>called star wars
>only 1 war

Thank you.

hull cancer

kit bashing?

Horror vacui?

Nah, three people found it at once. Its greeble. Though there is some overlap.

Its there to suggest scale.

If you put a load of little doors, buildings and docks on the side you can tell how big its supposed to be.

this is a destroyer.
if you were to make a starship filling a similiar role, you might call it a star destroyer

'nurnies' and 'greebling'

memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Unnamed_Earth_starships

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greeble

>A greeble or nurnie is a fine detailing added to the surface of a larger object that makes it appear more complex, and therefore more visually interesting. It usually gives the audience an impression of increased scale. The detail can be made from simple geometric primitives (such as cylinders, cubes, and rectangles), or more complex shapes, such as pieces of machinery (cables, tanks, sprockets). Greebles are often present on models or drawings of fictional spacecraft or architectural constructs in science fiction and are used in the movie industry (special effects).

nah call it a spaceship destroyer

So star destroyers are the smallest ships in the imperial fleet, who job is to stop torpedo boats and assist death stars? Really out of position to stop that proton torpedo in hindsight.

The only reason they were named as such is due to it sounding scary and shareing a name with a hull class not from understanding navel affairs. George at it again.

>star destroyer as in destroyer that traverses the stars

>death star as in star of death, not death of stars
>inb4 not a star

>star wars
>three different wars over the entire series

I can kind of get it, but I've never seen any that look organic (excepting some that are supposed to have a bunch of random crap on it like religious icons or something); they all look like someone just said "We need more stuff on it; put more stuff on it".

The parts going directly off the hanger look natural, like they have a purpose. The sections jutting out on the bottom with flashing lights look natural. Most of the blocks look like they're just kind of there and not actually doing anything.

Heavy Space Cruiser makes so much sense

>star destroyer that traverses the stars
why not call it space destroyer or something

>death star as in star of death
what. that is autismo

>star wars is three different wars
hm, i only see 1. sith v jedi with clones and rebels thrown in

Pointless detailing is cool when the design also has a strong silhouette, which the Star Destroyer does.

thanks breh

stop being a fag

stop being autistic

The post I was responding too claimed they performed similar roles. I don't imagine that the imperial star destroyers fleet engagement plans are to avoid direct engagement with other ships and to form a safety array against space subs and space planes and engage small and fast boats.

>I only see 1
Then you're retarded user. A fight being between similar factions doesn't make it the same fight.

So you think there was only one World War as well I take.

Destroyer comes form Torpedo Boat Destroyer, because their original role was to kill torpedo boats to protect larger capital ships.

Then Destroyers proved able to kill anything at sea and that is why all ships are either a destroyer, or a bigger destroyer or a smaller destroyer.

Greebles came first.

the fuck is this pointless detailing called

Baroque