So Clarke was human? Guess that makes you a murderer, Macready

So Clarke was human? Guess that makes you a murderer, Macready

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Rmaw2xKXbP4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Well...you're not human, so i don't give a fuck about your judgment

PALMER NOW.

This is nonsense...doesn't prove a thing.

yfw you realize
>Mac
>Windows

I thought you'd feel that way Garry. You were the only one who could've gotten to the blood.

We'll do you last.

Now I know you gentlemen have been through a lot.
But if you have the time, I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH

Now I know you gentlemen have been through a lot.
But if you have the time, watch me spend the rest of the winter GETTING DUBS IN THIS FUCKING THREAD

>ywn have the kurt russell powermullet

>I know it's beautiful, baby. But I didnt take it out just for air...

First goddamn week of winter.

Mac wants the flamethrower!

Maybe we at war wit Norway.

Mac wants the dub-thrower!

Trust is a hard thing to come by, these days.

Jed approves of this thread.

That's no dog...

i have it lol

its fun

lol I jello user :p

i lik your tribs :D

IM TAKING CONTROL OF THIS THREAD

FROM THIS POINT ON, RUDENESS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED

pls and thank you :)

Oh, come on! Give us a pet...

FUCK YOU PALMER

Say that again, i dare you

lole

REEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

[squeee.. squeeEEEE!!!]

But seriously though Mack fucked up not having them tied down in separate chairs far away from each other. Garry, Nauls and Childs are damn lucky that they got to live the extra hour or three.

I AIN'T GOIN' WITH HIM! I'll go with Childs.

ALL RIGHT CUT THE BULLSHIT!!!

Who says I want you goin' with me?

Now I'll show you what I already know...

This is bullshit...

That's a crock of shieeet

>Now I know you gentlemen have been through a lot.
>But if you have the time, I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH

That and "you've got to be fuckin kidding." are such human reactions and responses to the shit they're going through.

(Screams in unknown space language)

"But what if we're wrong about him?"
"Well then we're wrong!"
yep

>sweden

watching this tonight lmao

Repeat viewings reward recognition of the fact that the deliverer of the film's best comic and "human" line, Palmer, is himself a Thing at the moment that he says it, and is just minutes away from being wasted just as Norris was, and as Spiderhead is about to be.

It imitates organisms, and it imitates them perfectly. Down to the quips and wisecracks.

They're norwegian, Mac.

comfiest winter film - enjoy!

what the fuck was his problem?

Getting shot in the head, because he was the only one man enough to stand up to Mac.

He watched his dogs get assimilated then burned alive

What makes you Thing fans love this movie so muh? Me, I think I dig the ensemble cast the most - a bunch of great actors made me feel like I was one of them, part of their struggle.

It was an all bro cast. No whiny chicks to fuck up everything.

1) He was a simple man, trapped in an impossible death scenario with others. He had exactly the same problem as all of his fellows, augmented slightly by his own simplicity.

2) Even though there were (happily) no women around to force the men to subconsciously compete with each other/have their egos bruised and so on, nevertheless there was a pecking order. Clark was dead last in that pecking order, just as Brett was dead last in the pecking order among the crew of the film Alien.

Let's think this through, in simple terms of MASCULINE COOP/COMPETETIVE POWER, totally absent a meaningful female influence. Let's imagine a schema of how the men perceive one another, on a tiered pecking order:

TOP DOGS: Garry (armed, official status, holds all the keys), MacReady (pilot, ex-mil, strong and able-bodied, even-tempered, trusted, can actually leave and offer people a way out - gets to have his very own shack)

THE BRAINS: Blair, Copper

THE LESSER BRAINS: Bennings, Norris, Fuchs (they get paid more than the below I'm sure)

---POWER GAP INTO PLEBS---

cont.

The cast, the sense of isolation, no token females around to fuck up the tension, the prac. effects, and the genius direction and editing. One of the best movies ever made.

THE RELIABLE TECH/HEAVY: Childs. Childs is "le angry black man" but little contextual cues make clear that he is the stablest mechanic of the group, adds value, and is important. He also never actually flips out, which is more than can be said for most others.

THE COOK: Nauls annoys his fellows, but is basically trusted to help. He is not /distrusted/. Palmer and Windows are justifiably /distrusted/ to perform their essential job functions.

THE DISTRUSTED: Palmer is presented as a "hail-mary, option of last resort" backup pilot. This is why he tags along masked for the second trip out, in between smoking dope, being twitchy, etc. Still, he has a rapport with Childs, and has some actual skills (the trouble being that no one dares put him to the test). Windows is emotional, slow on the trigger-finger, and generally useless. Also anyone can operate a radio.

THE DOG KEEPER: Clark. someone has to do it. Clark becomes distrusted due to the events. "hey Clark do X" "kay boss". Monosyllabic, Clark is portrayed as a total dumbo.

The film character of Clark is also an amalgam of the anonymous "shit-job" characters of the short story. It's just all rolled into one in Clark, really, although Clark is admittedly one among a few untrusteds, and his reason for being untrusted is not PRIOR to the events of the film, as in Palmer's case, and perhaps Windows' (as described in the screenplay).

Hahahaha fuck you I don't know why that got me so good.

The Thing stream, anyone? I can set up a rabb.it room.

do it! I have just enough time to watch it before I need to go to bed

rabb.it/SerpicoTalento

Are you me?

mac wants the what?!

>the dogboi's an idiot
I LOVE this blatant trolling! I LOVE your pasta!! I have no idea why you feel the need to pick on Clark...must be some sort of prejudice against--what? Dogs? People who take care of dogs?? Or were you simply fooled by the red herring?

>rabb.it/SerpicoTalento
coolio!

>tfw Windows was in love with Palmer
This was the best on-screen romantic tragedy.

you just hit me with the feels, user....that face windows makes is not due to his own fate, but the fate of his lover. so sad.

WELL SOMEONE GET ME OUT OF THIS GOD DAMN CHAIR!

>Childs
>implying

>I ain't goin with Windows, I'll go with Childs
>F-fuck you Palmer

youtube.com/watch?v=Rmaw2xKXbP4

rabbit dun kicked me out - does it do that if you don't sign in?

Cast dude here, everything went down on my end, too.

sez it's in 'maintenance', whatever that means - bloody fine film, tho

I think we broke it.....this is why we can't have nice things!!!

Let's see Paul Allen's blood.

Fair enough. I thought he was saying Childs was assimilated, not that he froze to death after the movie ended.

kek

HERE WE GO

Look at the subtle, off red coloring, the tasteful thickness of it. Oh my god, it even has an AIDS mark

Not sure if I follow but Garry is the one who complains about being tied to this fucking couch

Palmer said "You gotta be fucking kidding."

But the best comic and "human" line is the line about the couch

It's not human anymore if the aliens can do it perfectly like us. But yes it is the best comic line of the movie.

Well, when it comes to 'best', user, you will find many different yet equally valid idears....some would say the best line is Mac's 'cheating bitch' at the beginning, others would say Blair's 'that thing wanted to be USSSSS!!!!'
Best is a dangerous word.