Fresh Kanye Thread

This thread is for discussion of Kanye West a notable musician. I know you all have hot opinions about him so please express them.

The secondary motive for this thread is to drive the poster of to commit murder or suicide.

Attached: kanye-west-31.jpg (1216x810, 255K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/808s_&_Heartbreak#Legacy_and_influence
youtube.com/watch?v=Vo38z2BAxxA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yeezus

Why is 808s regarded so highly here? It's literally his worst album

Yeezus is literally garbage. He tried ripping off No Love Deep Web and failed miserably.
Late Registration is his best album.

Good music for TFW no gf 2bh

Attached: 13f.gif (498x594, 97K)

>Yeezus is literally garbage
Incorrect

Never really thought of it that way.
You know, this is why I go to Sup Forums, I gain insight, different perspectives. I haven't learnt proper Google syntax, and Sup Forums could give me something that an automated machine could never give.

His lyricism was far less cryptic and filled with normie tier social and existential commentary. NLDW was more about being a drug adled weirdo.

It's a meme ya dip

Wait, really? Where? Care to explain?

You see, OP said
>please express them [opinions]
but in a hilarious subversion of expectation he just posted a nickname for Kanye, which is also the name of his 2013 album.

???

fpbp

fpwp

Kanye West doesn't make bad music, some is just more genius than the rest

He's the David Bowie of rap to be honest.
>Clear evolution and exploration through their respective genres over their careers
>Controversial figures in the music community and in their personal lives
>Very popular yet are generally considered to have artistically elevated their genres

>He's confused by memey shit posts

>The secondary motive for this thread is to drive the poster of → # to commit murder or suicide.
Why... why are you people... like this? This is equivalent to indoctrination. You're no more intelligent than a Stockholm Syndrome patient. What... made you this way?

Should have just crosslinked your comment , nice phoneposting btw

Why did say he'd kill someone if he saw another Kanye thread?

Cruel summer or watch the throne. If by his own standards it's graduation or tlop

Very apt analogy. Although bowie would be nothing without eno. Who's the Brian eno of rap

Could Brian Eno be the Brian Eno of rap?
Considering Rap wouldn't be where it is if pop never reached what it did with Eno's innovation with music production?

Watch the Throne is easily the worst. I'm pretty sure Cruel summer was a comedy album.

is basically right on the money. Most Kanye fans are delusional pseudo-intellectual idiots.
Uh, you just described literally every single popular musician? The "Bowie = Kanye" meme makes me vomit. Bowie was a great songwriter, Kanye is mediocre. They have nothing alike. Being "controversial" doesn't qualify as a thing in common. It's almost harder to find a musician who ISN'T controversial in some way.

But then who was Eno's Eno?

Shoo shoo RHCP lad

I always thought CD > LR but ive been listening to late registration a lot again and damn the bangers on this are really jammin. Its made me rethink a lot of things.

Plenty of popular musicians are stylistically stagnant across their whole career, plenty of popular musicians aren't tryhards when it comes to artistry.

I view them as basically the same album

THATS ALL THEM CANNNNNNN DO

WE DEAL WITH ACKSHUN THING DAS A BAD MAN TING

You talkin bout We Major right?

Probably just an exaggeration. Sup Forums is an edgy site.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/808s_&_Heartbreak#Legacy_and_influence

it pushed hip hop forward in a real, recognizable way. Drake, The Weeknd, Frank Ocean, these guys wouldn't have had the chance to be so successful if not for this record.

but that's honestly not why it's so highly regarded. it's unique, emotionally vulnerable, consistent in style, and most importantly it's just well written pop music.

Attached: xXtBhav.png (5000x5000, 412K)

It influenced a LOT of pop from this decade and a lot of its songs played on the radio ten years ago, making it nostalgic and super fun to sing along to

808s>yeezus>graduation>mbdtf
the dont know where i rank pablo late registration and college dropout

I mean Kanye literally is normie music but that's not an issue in itself.

We Major is his best song.
Prove me wrong. Pro tip: you can't.

I somehow never really realized how good Gone is until I listed to it again, it's incredible

Okay, Sup Forums, all memes aside what do you REALLY think of Yeezus

youtube.com/watch?v=Vo38z2BAxxA

Roses exists.