George Carlin

Was he the greatest comedian of all-time?

No, he was a bitter old liberal who was disillusioned with society and welcomed death.

Vietnam-era George, yes. One of the greats, at least.

Old George was a bitter, insufferable atheist, and he really didn't come up with any new material -- he just kept recycling his old shit.

Carlos Mencia had more talent than this liberal faggot.

trumpcuck detected

So he was right.
Got it.

Yes

But neocons hate him because he was right, and now that it's cool to be a conservative on Sup Forums, Sup Forums hates him too

>he just kept recycling his old shit.
>aka- he retold like two or three old joke per special

Confirmed for never actually watching his specials. The bulk of most of them was new material. He' s widely regarded as one of the most prolific comedians...and most of his shit was quality. Just because you don't agree with his political (he didn't care who won) or philosophical views, that doesn't change the facts.

>dude everyone inside this room is intellegent and well-informed and everyone outside of it is a moron lmao

He gives sermons, not stand up

that doesn't look like Norm

Is Louie the modern George Carlin?

He failed at being a comedian so he just did social commentary instead, but everyone thought he was joking.

I only saw one of his last specials and disliked it. He got into a rant and started to repeat himself over and over again, until I was so annoyed that I don't even finished it. Maybe you have a good suggestion, which are the better ones? After the last one I didn't even bothered to check the other ones.

For me personally it's without question: Doug Stanhope. Clever and evil, that's how I need it. Jeffries is on the way there, but only because his bits are so well connected, that it became tedious to listen to most of the other ones. But I only got recently really into stand up.

>got worse with every special

Yes.

I know this is Sup Forums and we're all contrarians but it feels good to admit FUCK NO he's fucking not, none of hus standups make me laugh so much as do a "heh heh..thats true"

fuck that pretentious ooooooooh fcc 7 dirty words yeaaah man fight the power what the FUCK do white people have to be blue about?

He was a great comedian, he was a master at it - he didn't make me laugh.

same with bill hicks, and I could say lenny bruce - but he did shit that made me laugh

his bit about introducing your black friends to your white people is fucking brilliant

the only comedian people on here like now is the racist guy from seinfeld

of all time?

how can we compare him to comedians who haven't been born yet?

Yea, I don't like his very very later things. Try anything before that. Just download the audiobooks of his or standup audio stuff.

I like the one skit where he shits on the name "Todd", he's right, Todd is a really stupid sounding name.

Personally I say it's Doug Stanhope, but George Carlin did things that no other comedian ever did match. One of the most if not the single most important figure in comedy, and unlike Lenny Bruce he at least tried to be funny on occasion after he'd given up on being happy.

>He failed at being a comedian

noddingAndPointing.meme

Greatest Stand Up Comedians
1.Richard Pryor
2.Bill Hicks
3.George Carlin
4.Louis CK
4.Jerry Seinfeld
5.Lenny Bruce

Louis & Jerry share 4 cuz they're too close to call

It sounds like you watched something from his late 90s-2008 turbo angry period where he had four specials, which are probably among his worst stuff.

Complaints and Grievances is one of the better ones from that time. He spends a lot of time getting worked up over trite things so the comedy is kind of absurd which makes it a tad more lighthearted.

You Are All Diseased he made right after his wife died and he was in no mood to be funny and Life Is Worth Losing is literally "wouldn't it be hilarious if horrifying things happened to you, the audience?" - the special. Those ones are complete shit. His last one reeled back a bit and was funnier cause it seems he lightened up a little bit.

I think the best special he ever did was Jammin' in New York. That was peak Carlin and showed all the little things about him that contributed to his greatness. He was such a performer in those days. I'd recommend watching some of his early 90s stuff first.

genuine pleb

you probably like patrice huh kid?

Literally Red.dit: the Comedian. Say something really shallow and obvious in a condescending, stupid tone.

Okay, maybe I'll give him another shot when I'm in the mood. Thanks for the recommendations.

The peak of his entire career was Rufus in Bill and Ted

I don't really care for the "oh look at how jaded I am, look at how dumb most of the world is" kind of political/religious humor that people like him try to peddle. I get that he was influential in a lot of ways because he was one of the earliest to do it, but in general it's just not to my tastes.

DUDE SOCIAL COMMENTARY AND FART JOKES LMAO

1.George Carlin (everything)
2.Richard Pryor (everything)
3.Eddie Murphy (old stuff)
4.Dave Chappelle (old stuff)
5. is tied Bill Burr, Louis CK & Joey Diaz

Burr and CK sometimes feel like we (general public) are pushing to have our generations Carlin or Pryor

I just like Joey Diaz cos he tells great fucking gutter life stories