Opinions on this movie?

Opinions on this movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=o9Pu92St5O0
youtube.com/watch?v=A3sBZ5Nr4hc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Visuals were nice, plot was all over the place.

Great fanservice

As a film, it's bad

even as fanservice, the movie was garbage
I saw it right after beating and feeling more than satisfied with FF7

the movie left a terrible aftertaste, avoid it OP.
Just play FF7, plays Crisis Core, watch Before Crisis if you really want to, and avoid this movie like the plague

I meant Last Order* not Before Crisis

It ruin Tifa

Dumber Bahamut than Neo.

7 blows 8 and 9 out the water
get the fuck out of here
especially 8, fuck that game
for a second I thought I was in Sup Forums

The extended version is far superior to normal version. Personally I think it's not bad but a lot of FFVII fans hate it and I'm that 1% who thought that film is OK. But if you didn't play FFVII before don't bother with that movie. There is almost no backstory and Cloud character is really diffrent compared to video game. Also these Jenova 3 fags are shit.

Wtf time to play Tactics

No it doesn't. The only reason 7 gets rated so highly is because of Nostalgia goggles. When I played that game, it was the most graphically intensive RPG ever. It commercialized that genre. Going back and looking at the story, the gameplay. It's kind of shit.

I disagree I think you need to play Crisis Core before this because it's a companion peace for it especially if you watch the Complete version.

So this order imo for best experience
FF7 > Crisis Core > Complete Advent Children > And possibly Dirge of Cerberus

Like all Square's movies. I still have very little idea of what was going on in Kingsglaive, but it was fucking gorgeous.

Haven't played any Final Fantasies and don't plan on it either but this was some excellent sci-fi. I liked how there wasn't expositions to the max yet you were able to know what the fuck was going on and who most of the people were. It's kino.

"piece"

at least the last part is accurate.

All style, zero substance.

How can you claim that nostalgia is the only reason why people like 7 when 9 is loved mostly because it pandered to the older games in the series?

I enjoy FF9 the most because of the music and callback to the older series

FF12 was kind of ass and tactics is great but probably shouldn't be categorized with 3d titles

Whole hating FFVII thing is a meme.

I beat the game last November, graphically the game looks obviously outdated as hell, but the materia mechanics, characters, and story were very good in my opinion.
I love the story behind Shinra, Midgar, injecting cells to create super soldiers, the black materia summoning the meteor, Sephiroth going mad after having his existential crisis, the music, the golden saucer and it even has its share of comedic moments. It was an engaging game and there was no point in the game where I felt like it was a drag.

I understand now why it's a playstation 1 classic.

>tactics is great but probably shouldn't be categorized with final fantasy
Fixed because it isn't fair to tactics to list it with the garbage.

This is bad advice. Don't play Crisis Core. Literally the entire Compilation of FFVII is shit. Dirge of Cerberus, Advent Children, Crisis Core all detract from the original game. Just play that and enjoy it for what it was.

The bit at the end with Cloud smiling at his dead gf is just a copy of my ending where I smile at my dead mother.

I might be in the minority but i loved this movie. Visuals were great, action was great, music was good and the story was passable.

7 is the best Final Fantasy, for years I avoided it since the only reference I had was that it is "overrated" so I tried every other FF before it to see how it compared.
It blew them out of the water with ease, its characters, introduction, gameplay and presentation are way better than everything Square did before or after it.

Throwbacks to the classics works though. The older games were some of the better ones.

Also 7 and 8 for some reason were about emo as fuck characters.

tactics is more gameplay driven than story driven like the rest of those though

it's barely even the same genre

>when 9 is loved mostly because it pandered to the older games in the series?

I appreciate the classic combat system and comfyness of the whole game more than the easter eggs laying around

All the best bits of 4 were callbacks to the first 3 games mostly 3

>tactics is more gameplay driven than story driven
You didn't play it.
>genre
Series is what's being discussed here, welcome to the conversation.

>Listening to others.
>EVER

I bet you thought bvs was bad too

>Cloud
>emo

Just in the part where he goes through mako poisoning and Sephiroth trying to take over his actions, and that was just a small part in the middle of the game.

This, but unironically

My first thought was that he hadn't played it, too. Tactics is super heavy on story.

4 had an entire chapter dedicated to calling back to the first game. It wasn't "mostly 3" at all.

I don't care if I'm a pleb I teared up at this ending dammit.

>Boss the world only needs one Snake?.......No the world would be better off....without Snakes.

:____:

youtube.com/watch?v=o9Pu92St5O0

I didn't like it but it wasn't poorly made

It's at least as heavy on story as any other FF title, there's no way he played it.

Literally every stupid thing in the story was from 3.

>l i t t l e m o n e y

I haven't played it since 1999 and remember spending 90% of the game doing combat shit and the story was just kind of tacked on

I understand why people hate it, but I thought it was wonderful corny fun.

ff 6 is the only one were i feel like the story is compelling and interesting the whole way through all the others kinda drop off for me at certain points

I look back fondly on that retarded bug.

Do you also remember your mother drinking and smoking while pregnant with you?

I actually like the combat of 12 but the story is what kills it for me

>This is good... Isn't it?

get that shitty fanart out of here

What was wrong with the story? Its no different to the 10 that predate it

>Do you also remember your mother drinking and smoking while pregnant with you?

unfortunately yes,but tactics still doesn't belong in the same category as 7-12

Fuck off back to Sup Forums you cancerous faggots

So what did everyone think of 15?

I thought it was good. Disappointing summon system though

It's a sequel to a game with a confusing plot and rushed nonsensical ending... that proceeds to explain nothing about the original story and continues with its own confusing nonsensical (and above all uninteresting) story.
Worth a watch just to see.

I'll be honest, as cool as the cutscenes are, the summoning system is why I haven't played it yet. And there's only 4 of them? What the fuck is that?

Not really worth full price unless you love mindless side quests.

I've been replaying 10 and it's still so fucking good.
All the complaints I've ever seen seem to be the most stupid inane shit like how the laughing scene was intentionally awkward which upset people for some reason.

Only idiots find FF7 confusing.

voice acting kind of fucks with part of the imagination aspect

I'm actually worried about the ff7 remake because of VAs

this.
Crisis core sucks. Leave FF7 alone, stop ruining it with faggotry

I want to rewatch Spirits Within should I?
I remember liking it.

FUCK YOU XII IS KINO!

Its a game... what did you expect. Nearly all sidequests in all games is filler

Thats kinda the problem its really same same and the characters are extremely boring and forgettable with the exception of balthier

Sorry

you're fucking retarded, tactics is all about the story while other entries were a lot more

>SHIT HAPPENS IN X BIG CITY
>wander around doing mini sidequests
>VILLAIN APPEARS
>wander around knowing shit will hit the fan soon
>BEAT FINAL BOSS

if you just pressed X and didnt read, of course you'd be stuck in long tactical battles and didn't figure out what was going on

The sky pirates balthier and fran were goat and the relationship between them was great. They should have been the main characters desu, i liked ashe to.

The main protagonist was perhaps the worst character next to quina and cait sith in all of final fantasy

tactics is an actual game though and the other entries are interactive visual novels

According to you all JRPGs must be visual novels because they're the same as any other.

you're right, enjoy

Definitely agree also fran is a really underated ff girl

If SE made Basch or Balthier the main character, XII would've been GOAT but no they had to make the twink the MC

XII is still my favourite

???????

Just kill yourself idiot.

>dat ass in groundbreaking for it's day graphics
penelo was fine too

I mean is it cliche to say ff 7 is you favorite yeah but it does have a great party, cool setting, and some of the best music in the series

is it too hard to understand that playing the twink and seeing shit happen right next to you is not a bad approach to storytelling?

as far as i remember the blonde dude carried the story along with the princess, the twink is just sticking around

I dont even get his appeal nor do i understand why penelo liked him.

Annoying vouce actor, shitty design, shitty character arc/ story. He was all round shit.

Basch would have made a great protag

>best music

That belongs to 9 my senpai followed by 8. 7 is my favourite game though

I'm saying that's what the game has going for it. The narrative is broken.

Love the Rufus scene.

I said some of the best and i would say 6 has the best overall soundtrack

I think the monster hunting and fishing were pretty fun but all the other ones were just boring fetch quests

The best final fantasy is final fantasy 7. I have declared it.

>you fucks don;'t even know who i ma

I dare you to

Nomura?

youtube.com/watch?v=A3sBZ5Nr4hc

This is the last hope Square has to restore itself to its former glory

>twelve and eight
>better than nine

You're not funny in the slightest.

What the fuck was the point?

Those are some good symbols to help the uninitiated from other board learn our memespells. Although flick shouldn't be negative, there can be some good flicks. Need something better than dung.

>That FPS during battle
vomits internally

The battle system has me worried desu fampai

I thought the new final fantasy 15 did good?

Can't wait till it's out for PC.

Been getting all my old FF games as they release on Steam.

Still need FF1, FF2, FF12, FF Tactics and a long as wait for FF15.

Is it going to have ff 15s battle system?

It did... what are you talking about?

>This is the last hope Square has to restore itself to its former glory
What did he mean by this if FFXV did fine? Also will it come to PC?

- Biggest open world game ever... with barely anything in it.

- 15 years in the making, and the shortest campaign out of any FF game.

- Need to watch Kingsglaive, the Botherhood Anime, and still don't really know what's going on.

It's a good game, but it's not a great game.

I liked it for what it was. I loved the game, and figured that it was essential to enjoying the movie, but my roomie who had never played a FF at all liked it a lot as well. The action was great, the music was fantastic, and I felt like it neatly capped off most of the unanswered questions from the half-assed ending to the game. The power of friendship scene vs Bahamut was stupid, but other than that nothing really bothered me. The extended edition is the way to go.

Me... and I know you fags are going to mention Daggerfall for biggest open world.

Is the combat fun though?