What was your favorite song in La La Land?

What was your favorite song in La La Land?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fpI_Y0ZGkk8
youtube.com/watch?v=-NybVs2ikl8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I didn't see it because i am not a homosexual

The audition song Emma sings in the third act

Someone in the crowd.

Someone in the Crowd
Truly an epic post. I used to think you were a retard and a flaming homo but after that intellectual post my opinion of you has done a 360.
>:^)

this

I preferred the version of City of Stars that Ryan Gosling sings on his own at the pier rather than the duet.

Obvious picks but City of Stars and Audition

City of stars the whistle version
I was sold the moment I saw that trailer

I think it might actually be Start a Fire, even though you're not supposed to like it.

Not an original song, but I also like I Ran, which you should apparently never request a serious musician to play. This movie says I have bad taste.

I really like A Lovely Night because that scene is masterful.

Here's To The Ones, easily.

the other songs are good but Goose can't sing convincingly and just croons

I liked that he couldn't really sing, made it feel more 'real'. There's a place for Hugh Jackmans who can belt out a tune when needed and a place for lazy laid back crooners

Someone in the Crowd and the Epilouge

The ending song because it made me cry like a little girl.

Another Day of Dishonest Filmmaking

When they started floating while dancing I started crying and couldn't stop.

Explain yourself

This
I liked that one too, and them shitting on "I Ran" was just uncalled for.

>She captured a feeling
>Sky with no ceiling
>The sunset inside a frame

same

FPBP

same here, especially because their relationship was just an expectation in that moment

>Not watching La La Land for Emma Stone

That's what makes you gay

City of Stars and the song they sing on their first date. That scene was great. Really pulled at my heartstrings.

>this is a "fan" of film on Sup Forums

Another day of sun of course, followed by Gosling solo City of Stars then Epilogue

Actual spoiler, because people get mad if I spoil apparently: >That happy ending ended with the sad piano motif

The opening number was persistent and presented with a single take. Working people, stressed people getting out of the cars and singing their hearts out even if clumsily or deep deep down disenterested but doing it anyways, combined with the trail of cars that seemed like toys from a certain distance and angles left a strong impression on me.

Emma's Stone audition was great and she delivered very well. Cathartic. I also liked the bench scene.

Now even more impressive visually were the dancing sequences in the stars and near the ending as well. These really made the movie for me.

>She lived in her liquor
>And died with a flicker
>I'll always remember the flame

I didn't ask for these feels...

I thought it was one of those things where the whole movie had been a 'what if' and the ending was the truth. I really wanted to be right.

All that happiness, and it's ended with a look between the two that just rips your heart out.

The song of my trash bin recycling garbage bytes, after realizing I just dowloaded a musical.

>He's so insecure he can't enjoy feelings in song form

I'm sorry for you user

That whole sequence from the audition to the ending is just heart wrenching

>mfw listening to the songs now

You're so manly user, not being able to enjoy various types of film.

None because they all suck. These assholes can't sing.

>he doesn't like musicals

Dude La La Land is trash but you can't say all musicals are bad

>That look Mia gives him when suggests maybe she only liked him cus it made her feel better about herself

Cut through me like a knife.

>That moment her play bombs and she looks for Seb in the audience but he isn't there

I like how through that whole scene, Gosling never once meets her eye because he knows she's right and he sold himself out.

>the montage of their life together and it wasnt real

Those feels.

the audition..it gets me every time. is this the best soundtrack in years? been listening to it everyday

Legit my favourite soundtrack after The Fountain. I'm not even usually a musical fan either, this movie just struck something in me I didn't know was there.

Another Day of Sun, obviously.

Same user. Same. I loved it. Think Arrival and Hacksaw were better films but man was La La Land good.

>Then in the 'good' ending he's in the front row clapping hard as fuck and looking so proud

I can't

I don't know if you're hardcore into musicals but The Last Five Years came out a couple of years ago and that's a great contemporary soundtrack (though it was composed in the late 90s).

youtube.com/watch?v=fpI_Y0ZGkk8

it's worth a watch if you like two-hander love stories with good songs.

thanks, going to check it out

This movie made me fall in love with Ryan Goose without mercy.

let me know what you think. literally no one saw it on release.

They're not saying the song is bad, it's just a keyboard-heavy song that's really simple and potentially boring to play

*because I am not gay
When you admit you can't have fun you have to use the word that means homosexual and is also a homonym for happy other wise the joke doesn't work

I don't think I've had such a gut punch form a movie in a long time

City of lights. Still signing it and humming the piano a week later.

This senpai. I teared up at multiple scenes for reasons beyond my control. I'm not even a bitch or anything, I'm military and haven't cried since elementary but that move tugged my heartstrings like crazy.

is reaching your dreams selling out?

I can't remember any of them

Start a Fire should have been an absolute showstopper, and the fact that they intentionally crippled it by fucking up the balancing is emblematic of how this movie completely fails as a musical.

He didn't reach his dreams though. He sold his dream to open a jazz bar out to join John Legend's band because of a misguided idea that Mia wanted him to be a stable earner. She even said to him, why don't you take the money you've made and open your bar now? And he had no answer because he knew he couldn't do it if he were to stay with her.

We're supposed to dislike it because it's so poppy and completely not what Sebastian is about. It could be the best song in the world and the point will still be the same.

Herman's Habit is objectively the best song in this movie and Im not surprised no one has said it yet.

Because jazz is shit

Sup Forums why did it have to end like that?

Tun tun tun TU RU
TUN TUN TUN TU RU
THERE'S SOMEONE IN THE CROWWWWD!!!

Because if they stayed together they would never reach their dreams. Also life is cold and uncaring.

I thought it was better like this desu, also it could be interpreted that their relationship actually worked out. In a different way. It was a nice idea, that breakups aren't necessarily a bad thing. In the end, they compelled each other to achieve their dreams.

The first version of City of Stars is the best song by the way.

>Because if they stayed together they would never reach their dreams

wrong, the only thing getting in their way was their doubts about not achieving their dreams together

if Gossling didn't miss Emma's performance, if everything just went right and didn't take the turns that happened because of their insecurities, they would have both been living that reality.

Sure they achieved their dreams, but it could have been so much better which was the point of the ending.

If Gosling stayed behind and didn't join that band, and was able to attend her performance, he wouldn't have the money to start his bar. That was the point of the ending, Gosling playing the song was showing her what could have been if he had given up everything for her, he would do it but it would mean sacrificing his own dreams. If we could have seen a version where Stone was playing for Gosling, it would show her sacrificing her dreams so that he could start his bar.

>but it would mean sacrificing his own dreams

I don't know about that, because if he never joined John Legend's modern jazz crew, he would have still pursued his traditional version which would be more popular in France, in h\which he and Emma would move too.

The dilemma of the movie was whether you are willing to take a huge leap of faith, in relationships and life changing decisions in the dream you yearn for.

I don't know whether the moral of the story was something as preachy as "even if it's hard, you have to risk it all".
Because Gossling said "this is the dream, it's compromise" but when he said that he disliked the modern jazz he played for Legend. I feel that the film had a message that went for "don't settle for compromise and strive for the best if you have nothing to lose"

I feel that everything would have worked out in Gossling's dream in that last illusion of the movie if he didn't compromise. But at the same time I feel as though that illusion was just Gossling getting his emotions through on what he wishes would have happened.

He didn't want to open a bar in France. It had to be that specific place where some jazz legend farted once or something.

You're both wrong.

The movie wasn't about relationships, it was about how untethered fantasy is impossible and undesirable in a modern age.

You can make it about anything if you look hard enough

You can't make it about relationships. The whole relationship thing is just contrived, right down to their reason for breaking up. It's all used to explore fantasy vs. reality

kys pleb

Their relationship is what helped them build each other to their dream.
And in the movie itself, aside their dreams, finding someone to love was also part of it.
Like 500 Days of Summer did, this movie is built on relationships helping characters grow from a supportive romantic relationship.

How can you deny that the movie wasn't about relationships, it just feels contrived to you because you dislike the reasons and fated meeting cliche you would see in another romance movie. Well I assume that's why you think it's contrived.

Fpbp

This one.

youtube.com/watch?v=-NybVs2ikl8

wrong

>2017
>Still Baneposting

Let the meme die with dignity Sup Forums

Audio kino

HEAD
NICE
AND
HOT

omg

I'm mean I guess I shouldn't say that the movie doesn't say anything about relationships, but I really think that all of the relationship stuff is just there to build a bigger theme about fantasy. And yeah, this is partly because the relationship is pretty cliche. But it's more than that. The actual dynamics of the relationship are left unexplored. You mostly see its beginning, end, and epilogue. There's very little time spent in the middle. This and the fact that the plot/narrative of the relationship is pretty cliche is a sign that the relationship is being USED to explain something else. It all signals that there is something of greater importance going on

The movie is a depressing statement about ambition. It's presented in the most unrealistic terms, in the most unrealistic genre, and states that even in this, the most idyllic and surreal of fictional landscapes, you'll never have everything you want.

It's an incredibly cynical movie.

and you're a child

>Triggered jazzfag in a La La Land thread
Every time

>tfw you'll never have a qt3.14 gf to convert you into a jazz-lover