BREAKING: Ben Affleck steps down as director of 'The Batman'

variety.com/2017/film/news/ben-affleck-the-batman-will-not-direct-1201971566/

> Ben Affleck has decided to step down as director of “The Batman” and remain on as a producer and star of the project.

>Affleck is still on board to play the superhero, but sources close to the talent said Affleck and Warner Bros. discussed how to make the best film possible and this was the decision both parties came to.

DCEU IN TROUBLE FUCK YOU MARVEL STANS HOPE YOU HAPPY NOW. HOPE GROOT FUCKS YOU UP THE ASS

We need to summon Kek to take Stan Lee so the Marvel empire collapses. The best they could do is get Jim Shooter back and make him boss if Stan dies but then that would make them unstoppable.

i hear from my sources that David Fincher is being lined up to direct.

it never ends

can ben become the new JUST

This is actually a good thing, live by night was a debacle. Him not directing and acting at the same time is actually better for the movie

>Those DCshill rumors saying the negative rumors about the Batman movie were WB trying to low expectations and then surprise everyone with a great movie

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Laughing Evans thread?
Laughing Evans thread

This.

It's rare enough finding people who can be top tier actors or top tier directors. The odds that someone can do both well are miniscule.

The damage control has begun.

This is actually really good news.

Great! Now WB just needs to get George Miller back we'll have a hit on our hands.

Snyder is the only one who will totally compromise everything for studio execs. He's honestly just happy to be there behind the camera, making obtuse references to Frank Miller comics.

kek, it never ends. DC is so fucked.

T-this is great. haha

When Ben threatened to leave the first time DC shills on Sup Forums said Disney was paying people to post those stories.

Funny how everything is a conspiracy to these guys.

>It's rare enough finding people who can be top tier actors or top tier directors
Save us Based Mel.

and there goes any hope for the DCEU. RIP. I'M FUCKIN DONE.

He's going to remake Tank Girl.

this is actually better. It's actually so good. The movie will be much better for this.

I am actually factually very hopeful for the movie thanks to this piece of news.
Nice, actually.

Everything I said was reasonable, after live by night flopping its best that affleck is the directing. You simply have no argument to debate me.

>DCucks already trying to spin this as good news

Ben Affleck is no cuck, why would he kill his career working on something damaged beyond repair

they also recently scrapped The Flash movie slated for 2018 and started a page one rewrite.

what the fuck will WB do if Justice League bombs?

>this will actually be the unironical DCuck response

hahahaha

*isnt

It truly is the best outcome possible for this awesome movie to come!

he's doing this to cover himself
so if the movie doesn't do well, the fans can blame dc/wb/director
this way he can just focus on being the best batman he can be (keep the image/persona from bvs - about the only praise the movie got)

Oh I don't have a dog in this fight. I'm just saying Hitchcock or Tarantino aren't exactly Best Actor candidates.

Mel definitely is though.

The power of Trump/Disney!!

Goddamn. I thought for sure he would fast track it to make up for Live By Night bombing.

>what the fuck will WB do if Justice League bombs?

Crash the DCEU with no survivors

Except he's a far better director than actor.

The only things in motion right now are James Wan's Aquaman and Batman. Now they'll have to find a new director and writer to work alongside Affleck because they do not want to reboot again before the end of the decade.

Gotham City Sirens and Suicide Squad 2 are looking to be fasttracked, which is just ludicrous after how little time they gave Ayer on the first. Everything else is wait and see.

>if
>not when

hopefully with ariel winter
so instead of tank girl using fake missiles as a bra, ariel can just paint her tits as missiles.

So this is how capekino dies.

this was the only reason I was going to watch that shit.

oh well. RIP DC.

inb4 M. Night Shyamalan signs on to direct.

Yeah, I have to agree with this.

It's hard enough to act and direct in regular clothes let alone a heavy, uncomfortable Batsuit where you can barely turn your head. Quality would no doubt be compromised on both sides of the camera.

so who should direct?

Zack Snyder imo. or David Goyer, to give it that Blade Trinity magic.

DCucks on suicide squad watch.
Now they'll get some hack director to make the worst batman movie since Batman Forever!

Things are going ok now with Aquaman but if somehow people don't like Aquaman in JL, they will fuck Wan's shit up

One word: Flashpoint.

>superhero/cinematic universe fad in full boom
>bubble at max, garbage gets 500m minimum if it's based on capeshit
>by the numbers committee driven garbage like civil war grosses 1b+
>even in these conditions WB fails to establish a healthy franchise

How will DCucks ever recover?

>Ben Affleck is no cuck
you mean Ben Mohamed Allaheck: the islam cuck™ ?

JUST CUT MY LIFE INTO PIECES.

HAHAHAHA EAT SHIT LIBERAL

FUCK YOU WB
FUCK YOU DC

DCEU DESERVES BETTER

The damage control never stops

He doesn't want 2 flops in a row

>doesn't know about disney's post 2000 labor issues

oh sweetie...

Post yfw they just bring in Snyder to direct

Pretty sure Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, The Dark Knight rises, Watchmen, MoS, BVS and SS were all very successful both financially and artistically.

Whens the last time an actor in a Marvel flick won best actor?

I have no idea why they think Aquaman is worthy of moving forward with.

Momoa can't act worth shit and they have no idea how audiences will take the character anyway.

yeah, i'm sure DC will get someone better like zach snyder.

>WB right now

Now all that has to crash is wonder woman and for marvel the black power film.

WHEN WILL THEY LEARN

Scratch out Watchmen. All those other ones made money, although some would say that MoS and BvS should have made more.

This is obviously fake news created by Marvel babies

>won best actor

And who was that?

>DCucks right now

GOT EM'!!!!!

just pull the fucking plug. they've fucked this up so bad that I want them to just keep making batman movies and nothing else.

Nothing would be even better but that ain't happening.

D E S P E R A T E
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Aronofsky.

Anyone old enough to remember that trainwreck will know he's the perfect fit for this DCECU.

Might as well scrap the whole thing after Justice League comes out and bombs. Warner Bros need to be stripped of DC comics rights

I don't understand what the hype is over Ben Affleck as a director. Argo was meh, The Town was ok, Live by Night was a disaster.

He's not bad per se, but there are at least a dozen other directors I would pick for Batman over him.

I fucking love Ike.

sure user

>i disagree with it, it must be fake news

He should bring back Daredevil?

Trump is not going to save your shitty movies.

>any of the Thor movies 70%+
Triggers me every time.

We exist in a timeline where cheap lazy garbage like Civil War passes a billion, and somehow highly paid executives at a major corporation can't get a Batman Vs. Superman movie past one billion.

How do these people have jobs?

AHHAHAHAHAHAH DC IS FUCKED

SAD!

How do they lose so many fucking directors? Holy shit. As far as I know Marvel only lost one out of their hundred movies and it was still more well received than all Warner's movies combined.

Aquaman is a founding member and a movie would be the best thing to finally change the public's perception on Aquaman since Superfriends.

James Wan makes entertaining enough movies for audiences. Momoa is one note from what I've seen of him and there is only so much a supporting cast can do to hide the lead actor. Unless, of course, you do like Thor 2 and make the titular character a vehicle to meet everybody else.

For fuckin' real.

How hard is it to make, at the very least, interesting movies?

You have Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman. How do you have all these fantastic characters and still tell flat stories?

This comes off as him being a baby with no confidence in himself. Kinda funny. Snyder is the one who made Batman work in live action. Ben Affleck is a good actor but I don't see why he gets all the credit.

STOP PLEASE, IM BEGGING YA I CANT TAKE ANYMORE.... MY SIDES, OH GOD

Zack
Snyder

>and artistically.

What tasteless DCucks actually believe. Unironically.

with the release of the lego batman i actually see batman in general shifting back to a campy comedic feel like the 60's, but with more of a self depreciating feel. I expect both the justice league and this batman movie to comedically deconstruct batmans darker, edgier side.
the dawn of shark repellant kino is upon us.

One word. Nolan.

Yay, I just love me some ironic self deprecating humor

CHECKED. Sell DC Entertainment now!