Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=h-MaGW0WBVY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Dead show, dead thread

ded books ded author soon

Modern day Isaac Hempstead Wright

Preston Jacobs!

Reminder that the normies are the official you tubers of /got/

>Book of Storms, an anthology based on the Game of Thrones world will be coming out 2017
>not Winds of Winter

I have no hope for the book series now, fuck him.

>the Game of Thrones world
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I'm not going to spell out A Song of Ice and Fire every fucking time, Game of Thrones is easier to write.

Have the Maesters actually done anything wrong?

What is ASOIAF

They helped kill off the dragons and helped bring down House Targaryen. So no. They are heroes.

>Accept that it is over

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Sup Forums decries Jonerys as being too predictable and cliche for GURM to end the story with
>LEAKS CONFIRM

is GURM just a hack or are DnD just bad?

D&D would've went with it either way.
so maybe GRRM will do the same or maybe not.

But even if GRRM wanted this too D&D are still hacks anyway for a million other reasons.

is poorquentyn right?

That's barely a step up from DnD. If that is right, GRRM is a hack

Which Preston theories do you subscribe to?

I don't believe B+A=J, though I desperately want it to be true. I don't believe Planetos is 100% sci fi, though it would be amazing if it was. I think there's just a lot of blur between fantasy and sci-fi because GRRM is a sci-fi writer.

He's definitely right about the Ironborn factions, That's really an analysis and doesn't have much assumption to it.

I think the Dornish Master Plan (Deeper Dorne) is true, though I'm not 100% sure. It does make some pretty big assumptions, like Qyburn working for Doran, but it makes too much sense.

Littlefinger's debt scheme is definitely at least partially accurate. The prophecy part is really interesting. I found a passage where Baelish was given a prophecy as a child and PJ didn't even mention it.

Oh and Mance definitely wrote the pink letter

So they're just going to war with the Others, and the Night's King is the big bad guy they beat at the end to save the day.

Do you feel satisfied with this or are you desperately hoping for more depth?

The Others aren't pure evil in the books. That's confirmed by GRRM. But in the show, I don't expect any depth like that.

We've expected this for a while now desu

>The final battle will also draw together characters and plot threads left from the first two books and resolve all in one huge climax

Just like LOTR

>bla bla bla LF frames one of his most important ally for murder

Stopped reading there.
It's just stupid..

Not that LF gives a fuck about him personally, but he's extremely valuable to him.

There's a thousand other people he could've used (hell, it's tourney, probably MORE than a thousand).

Sansa thinks LF is going to kill Sweetrobin and marry her to Harry and go to Winterfell. That means 100% that none of that is his real plan.

Baelish is going to kill Harry at the tourney, probably via Lyn Corbray. The tourney might even be a front to have his man kill off Harry without getting in trouble.

He's probably planning on bringing the Vale into the Riverlands. He's obsessed with Harrenhal and many of the Vale lords have claims and good reasons to depose Walder Frey.

GRRM's endgame for Sansa is probably setting her up as lady of the Riverlands, ruling from Harrenhal as a Danelle Lothston 2.0. She will probably be Baelish's widow by the end and inherit his claim along with her claim through her mother.

>
> > Daily reminder that Radmure DID follow Robb’s vague and shitty orders and the fault lies with Gurm, who thinks castles are for hiding in.
>
> Castle are literally designed to be hidden inside them. Every inch of a castle is designed to defend whoever is inside and repel and counter attack anyone who's outside.

No, castles are literally designed as offensive weapons to control the surrounding countryside. Their defensive capabilities are secondary, their primary purpose is to enforce your will on everybody for miles around the castle.

Eadmure was absolutely right in riding out to meet Tywin at Stone Mill, where the Riverlands forces had surprise and (I’m serious here) the high ground. His victory would be one for the history books, if Gurm knew anything about medieval warfare.

He should have written Eadmure as being part of King Robb’s inner circle and instrumental to his plan of ambushing Tywin in the passes, but the hotheaded lad then goes off program seeking glory and fucks up Robb’s plan by not faking a retreat back to Riverrun castle and letting Tywin get through.

>Sansa's claim to the Riverlands surpassing Edmure, Edmure's son, and Bran

kys

Edmure and his child are hostages of the Lannisters. Bran is becoming a tree.

>Bran is becoming a tree.

but hes not though

So in this magical world where Sansa inherits all these things Edmure and his son remain Lannister prisoners forever?

Bran isn't leaving that cave. At least his body isn.t

Edmure's fate is up in the air, but it doesn't really matter because Baelish is lord paramount of the riverlands by royal decree.

>the show would have him leave the cave even though the books wont

ok just wondering how god damn retarded are you? You know if bran was never leaving the tree david and dan would take it as an excuse to write him off entirely right

>because Baelish is lord paramount of the riverlands by royal decree.

By bastard Lannister decree, you're a fool if you think the Riverlands will honor that shit when they have the choice

It's incredibly obvious that DnD burned Bran's storyline to force a Stark reunion.

If he didn't do anything with the weirwoodnet then his entire storyline was pointless. He'll probably warg a dragon or mind control some people, but his body definitely isn't leaving that cave. The Children wouldn't let him leave.

not saying that sansa will inherit shit, but... Edmure being a Lannister prisoner forever is kinda the plan?

Shit might or might not happen because it's a story, but Jaime doesn't intend for Edmure to ever be free. If things are settled and no more war happens for a decade, he'd probably give him more and more freedom, but what else is he gonna do with him? Giving him a position at court doen't have any purpose, Edmure has no power anymore.. So it'd be only for his wisdom, but Edmure isn't known for that.

And setting him free.. What's he gonna do? Either something treasonous, or retire and become a carpenter or some shit? Seems pointless for one, risky for the other. Might as well keep him at court forever, as an "honored guest".

Do you think they will support Walder Frey controlling half the castles over the grandson and granddaughter of Hoster Tully?

You think they'll support Littlefinger and Sansa over Hoster's son?

>all this sansafag delusion

kys, I'm not even memeing

Edmure has nothing. He's a captive in Casterly Rock. Walder Frey controls half the castles in the Riverlands.

Sure, Blackfish and the BWB might save Radmure and he might become important, but it doesn't seem likely. Sansa is a main character and her storyline is heading toward the Riverlands. I find it more likely that GRRM will have her ruling from Harrenhal than Radmure in the end. He loves repeating his motifs, in this case with Rohanne Webber and Danelle Lothston.

I fucking hate Sansa and I kind of like Radmure, I'm just saying what I think is going to happen, not what I want to happen.

Ok so youre about a level 10000 retard then.

>implying dnd give a shit about a bran related stark reunion
>implying any showfag gives a shit about it either or would even notice if he never got one
>implying sansa/arya isnt the big stark reunion of the season

>If he didn't do anything with the weirwoodnet then his entire storyline was pointless.
he literally doesnt have to be in the cave to do things with the weirwoodnet

>He'll probably warg a dragon or mind control some people
once again doesnt have to be in the cave to do so

> but his body definitely isn't leaving that cave.
you would love to believe this wouldnt you

>The Children wouldn't let him leave.
Amount of supporting evidence for this: absolutely nothing

also the endless caves are clearly being foreshadowed as their pathway out to escape back south of the wall, coldhands is 100% going to come back to help take them south, and its obvious the hodor reveal is going to come about at the same time though the actual circumstances surrounding it will be much different from the show

point being, youre retarded if you think d&d werent told by grrm that bran leaves the cave

> Baelish is going to kill Harry

Then control of the Vale would be wide open to any number of claimants, everyone of whom has a better claim then Littlefinger (who is already Duke of the Riverlands).

Harold Hardyng’s marriage to Sansa gives Littlefinger control over the Vale, thru Harold, so he can’t kill him off.

Edmure has bloodright to the Riverlands, is actually a Tully, is actually rightful Lord.

He's not gonna stay a prisoner forever sansafag, no matter how badly you want her to inherit shit

Are you one of those Branfags that think he's going to end up as lord of Winterfell? Because that's the only reason I can see as to why you would argue this.

>sweetautist
>dying
dropped

You have literally no arguments as to why he wouldn't leave the tree other than your own wishful thinking, in fact as it stands the evidence is against you

Sweetrobin is lord of the Vale you dipshit.

Harry is an obstacle for Baelish. He's probably using him as a martyr to push the Vale to war.

If you think Baelish would marry Sansa to some Chad instead of himself, you know nothing about these characters.

Yeah and jon won't be resurrected in the books either and arya is never coming back to westeros.

Your evidence is muh DnD shoehorned Stark reunion

My evidence is Bloodraven and the Children repeatedly telling him that he's going to stay there and join the other greenseers. They went to a lot of trouble to get him there. There's no way they would let him leave. If he can be the last greenseer from Winterfell, why did they go to so much trouble to get him up there?

if only

>not marrying Sansa to Harry
>not cucking Harry by getting Sansa with child and Vale heir
>not then killing Harry
>not then marrying Sansa and passing the kid as Harry's

WEW

You just fell off the ladder

> Edmure has nothing.

And that applies to the entire Tully line, including Sansa; ALL of House Tully has been attainted, they are no longer nobility.

Sansa can't make a claim to the Riverlands based on being a niece of a Tully, when the son of a Tully and the brother of a Tully are both still alive and none of them has any legal right to the claim anymore.

If one were going by that logic, Sansa marrying Baelish would make her lady of the Riverlands.

Also succession is way more messy than that.

>If he can be the last greenseer from Winterfell, why did they go to so much trouble to get him up there?

because bloodraven couldnt leave the tree and they had to give him the weirwood paste to connect him to his greensight you fucking showfag

>Your evidence is muh DnD shoehorned Stark reunion
no, thats YOUR evidence as to why the show would bother bringing him south, or did you mix up your own stupid arguments

>My evidence is Bloodraven and the Children repeatedly telling him that he's going to stay there and join the other greenseers.
please quote one time they ever said he was going to stay there, let alone "repeatedly"

I'm surprised Branfags have so little understanding of their own favorite character's arc

>lel you just dont understand his arc!!

this is what idiots like you actually believe

i guess if it makes you feel better.

how asshurt were you when bloodraven told bran he wouldnt be in the tree forever/wont be an old man in a tree?

I understand his arc pretty well and you're wrong tbqh

Since we're sort of on the subject here, is anyone else a little annoyed about how much a pushover GRRM wrote House Tully as? Fertile land = power, they should've been able to outmass the Lannisters easy.

>If one were going by that logic, Sansa marrying Baelish would make her lady of the Riverlands.

Well, she's be Lady Sansa Baelish of the Riverlands not Tully but then she's Littlefinger's recognized bastard daughter and that would never fly in Westeros.

An unnamed nation from the West with more advanced technology/magic whatever conquers Westeros at the end of the series meaning no one wins.

He wouldn't marry Alayne, he'd reveal her identity if he was going to marry her

>Are you one of those Branfags that think he's going to end up as lord of Winterfell? Because that's the only reason I can see as to why you would argue this.

I mean youre making it pretty clear why you dont want him to leave the cave with this post.

Still better writing than GOT season 7

> Sweetrobin is lord of the Vale you dipshit.

And he’s going to get killed off.

Sweetrobin will soon be of age and become Lord of the Vale and at that point, Littlefinger (who Sweetrobin already dislikes) will lose any power he has in the Vale as regent for Sweetrobin.

Littlefinger needs a way to maintain control in the Vale and that will be thru Sansa’s marriage to Harry the Heir, who inherits from Sweetrobin.

>Fertile land = power

Theoretical military strength in Westeros:

1. Reach (by a long shot)
2. North (poorer farming due to climate, compensated by huge area)
3. Riverlands (best farmlands after the Reach, limited by smaller size)
4. Vale (limited farmlands due to mountainous terrain but excellent climatic conditions)
5. Westerlands (gold mines compensating for limited available farmland)
6. Crownlands (very small in size but rich farmlands and good climate)
7. Stormlands (heavily wooded and hilly terrain + very wet climate limits amount of available farming)
8. Iron Islands (small population and tiny area greatly limits farming, compensated by mining and overseas trade/raiding)
9. Dorne (small population, arid climate greatly limits farming)

Fertile land may not mean much when you're square in the middle of other kingdoms and you'll be the battlefield for them at times

north is confusing as fuck, apparently they can grow wheat there just fine, which should make them like 5x as powerful as the reach, right?

dude I'm not a sansafag, Sansa is fucking shit and I hope she dies ( especially on the show ).

But Edmure isn't a temporary prisoner. It's permanent. If he behave he'll be more of a "guest" and if he doesn't he'll be more of a captive, but it's all the same.

>I'm not a sansafag guys I swear, I'm just really really fixed on Sansa getting the Riverlands, Edmure staying a prisoner no matter what after ASOIAF ends and Bran staying beyond the Wall so he can't challenge Sansa for anything

kys

HAHAHAHAHAHA

NEVER

EVER

>the character who was created as an afterthought just to stir up drama for the actual important characters is going to end the series as one of the most important and powerful characters on the map

the real joke here is that anyone actually believes this, sansafag or not

Assuming her grandmother didn't resolve to poison Joff, do you think Mags could have made a good king out of him?

Just curious, who rules the North while Sansa is ruling the Riverlands?

king jon starkgaryen, of course

Godking Bran Stark, of course

King Jon Snowfyre

Young Griff, Neds real bastard son

>ned
>having a bastard

get your autism in check, it's getting a bit too high at the moment.

>Hey guys wanna talk about edmure's wife?
HURR SANSAFAG 92359784*@$*@$*@$i(624J892488

>Hey guys wanna talk about edmure's wife?
yes
why is she such a qt?

Seastone chair = plastic

In all honesty, Preston takes a lot of his theories from George's previous works. And those I find most interesting.

>page 8

Friendly reminder that Syrio Forel survived and is currently disguised as Meryn Trant.

>north is confusing as fuck, apparently they can grow wheat there just fine, which should make them like 5x as powerful as the reach, right?

A lot of the North (most of it) is wilderness, they don't have as a large a population as the Reach, even though they have far more area under their control.

>But Edmure isn't a temporary prisoner.

The entire Tully family has been attainted by the Iron Throne, they're no longer nobles, so Sansa can make any kinda claim on the Riverlands by citing her Tully ancestry, even if Edmure and the Blackfish weren't alive and preceded her in order of precedence.

i know, its just weird that they can apparently grow staple crops just as well as the other kingdoms but still have a such a sparse population

>they're no longer nobles, so Sansa can make any kinda claim on the Riverlands by citing her Tully ancestry
I assume you meant "can't make"?
it doesn't really matter what the crown says once shit starts going south for the lannisters and their alliances. Most of the riverlords (and rosby freys), vale lords and probably most northern lords too would be happy to see the tullys back in riverrun
not that i think sansa will rule the riverlands or anything, im just saying that "attainted by the crown" isn't really going to matter for the tullys once everything descends back into chaosh
all this "claiming" isn't going to happen under the strong central rule of the lannister-backed puppet crown, its going to happen once tyrell alliance starts to crumble and everyone is back at war again

But how will the normies lurking understand?

Well the North is HUGE

youtube.com/watch?v=h-MaGW0WBVY

what a dick

Is she, dare I say it, /our girl/?

Absolute worst character, show and books and maisie is fucking hideous
So probably nah

Friendly reminder that S6 Jaqen H'ghar is the same Jaqen from S2.

Who is the dumbest person in got?

Quentyn is alive!

no

>"It really, really upsets me. Because, there's only a certain group of people who'd look at that anyway, compared to the audience that watches the show. It hurts. It's just like, oh we wanted to tell this story, and yeah, lots of people don't want to read it, and don't want to look at it. But then it's even more annoying when you know [the leaks] might be from someone on the inside, and it's just like... you're trying to make something really cool, that is really cool, and people really like, and it's like 'stop ruining it'. It's such a childish, annoying thing to do. And yeah, it's sad. It really annoys me. I don't know if that's unexpected, that I'd be like 'Oh, I don't really mind!' People still watch it, but it does really grind my gears."
Maisie pretty much confirming the leaks are true, though the set pictures pretty much confirmed them months ago

Anyone who takes the books or show seriously in 2017 is the dumbest person on /got/

When did those bookfags still left in /got/ first discover asoiaf? Did you ever see it being made into a TV show?

>stop liking things i dont like DOWNVOTED!

I LOVE the books and the show whatchugonnadoaboutit