>2017
>have a class that is taught with a danish textbook
>nobody in my class speaks danish
Would this be acceptable in your country?

LITERALLY a slave race

Yeah, it's called bokmål.

yes, happens all the time here in mississippi

Scandinavians should consider their dialects a single language. It would be much more relevant, desu.

are you cajun or something

If only you were black, you could concider yourself a victim

They're too different, both pronunciation, writing and grammar.
Mutually intelligible doesn't mean same language, they only sound close to foreign ears.

no i am black. our school forces us to read the bible in danish due to racism. i hate white people

I feel genuinely sorry for anyone who's exposed to this shitty subhuman language against their will.

polse

>Mutually intelligible doesn't mean same language
I've got some bad news for you, sunshine.

pYlsa

pölsa

It's more complicated than that, though.

Not if you disowned the Danes

I loved icelandic danish. It's very easy for Swedes to understand. Much easier than normal danish. You should keep learning it and one day hopefully we'll all get uncucked and learn standardized scandinavian adaptations as a 2nd/3rd 'language' course so we can all speak fluently with each other.

How common is it for people in Iceland to only be fluent in Icelandic?

PÖLSA best food
1. saves waste
2. contains bone broth approved by alex jones

Very rare
Only guy I know that doesn't speak english is such a redneck you can feel it

well wait... how do you do the class then? when no one in the class speaks the same language in the textbook?

The teacher translates as much as he can

What's wrong with Danish? I remember watching the Pusher trilogy years ago, and not finding the language off putting or anything weird.

Can you explain this Danish/Bökmål cluster fickle to me? I don't get it.

Wut

Norwegian comes from the western branch of Scandinavian languages, along with, most prominently, Icelandic and Faroese. However, after the Danes took control (peacefully, mind you) in the early 14th century their language became the de facto language of trade, learning, religion and the aristocracy. In other words everyone that knew how to read and write spoke Danish. Danish of course then influenced the Norwegian language and when time came to formalize Norwegian, Danish was naturally used as the basis for its spelling and grammar and this is what is called bokmål (lit. book speech/tongue). A revised version was made later that attempted to capture and restore some of Norwegian's historical (and in some cases more accurately represent the language that was used), this became Nynorsk (lit. new Norwegian). Out of the two bokmål is massively more popular and there is little reason to believe it's going away.

No, but it has happened.
>Instructor uses a book in English that only he owns
>There's no copy available to consult at the library or seller to buy it from
>In case that it exists, it doesn't matter since no one speaks or reads English anyway.

>be icelandic
>get DANE'D
>be norwegian
>get DANE'D
>be faroese
>get DANE'D
>be greenlandic
>get DANE'D

>anglos in charge of understanding other languages
ummm try again when you know a second language sweetie

It is sort of arbitrary desu though. There are Norwegian accents that are more difficult for someone living in, say, Oslo to understand than it is for them to understand someone from Stockholm. It is often said that a language is a dialect with an army for this very reason.

Has a lot of faults, but the basis is close enough, so unless you care about the entire history behind it, it doesn't matter beyond "it's Norwegianized Danish".

yeah
t. had a french class where everyone spoke english

>tfw no scandinavian gf

>Finnish children need to learn Swedish
>For like 5 years
Still accepted

> what you mean is
>tfw no child gf
>those are kids

For those wondering what the class it's refrigeration systems 100
eh or a direct translation

excellent post

I'm studying the nordic languages at uni. Start with an instensive course in icelandic, then norwegian and then danish. Also finnish, but that's obligatory for all swedish-speakers here.

[s]redneck[/s] viking

edgy retard

fremmed-dansker spottet
gedekneppere skal UD

>be danish
>get SWEDE'D

Don't be sad, finns will rise up and remove swedish.

Which Nordic language should I learn?

You have a large protected minority though
the other ones are just danish imperialism

whichever you like the most, scandinavian countries have more or less the same population.

swedish
most useful and they're mutually intellegible

Even with Faroese or Icelandic?

>danish imperialism
you think people here actually want these countries using up our generous gibs? they're free to be independent if they wish, greenland is even preparing for it sometime in the future.

we almost double yours though

no
but none of us understand them

top kek maybe if people actually bother, most people dont know a lick of Swedish

no, those are insular languages and belong to their own sub-group.

>swedish power fantasies

Thanks, guys.