Thoughts?

Attached: 2018-03-27_12-15-42.png (898x546, 523K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fC7PEQnjKl4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Can't wait to see a thousand "wtf I love Jack White now" posts

wtf i love jack white now

kek

wtf i hate jack white now

Same would've happened if he gave it a low score

fuckthony retardtano

wtf i love jack white now

who gives a shit what a critic thinks, think for yourselves

wtf I love thinking now

did he really give it a 9? I listened to the first song for about 20 seconds and then skipped the entire album.

Is this real? Haven't gotten around to listening to the album yet but I remember connected by love being the worst Jack white song I've ever heard.

Is this a fucking joke? What the fuck happened to you Fantano?

wew

It's real... It's real.

People fear what they don't understand.

Holy shit quads AND three in a row! I'm finally a part of something meaningful!

Fantano losing any credibility

lmao what the fuck

I hate to admit it, but I'm actually going to give it a chance and listen to it when I wasn't going to bother before after this review. Normally they don't matter to me, and I just checked and I've only heard 3-4 of the albums he's reviewed this year, but I can't pretend it doesn't make me curious as someone who really enjoyed most of the White Stripes output post-Icky Thump. I at least respect him as someone who seems to care about music, even though he's given reviews that seem stupid as fuck to me (still salty about Narkopop)

Also, is this the only 9 he's given this year so far?

Yes

This
Fucking hell fantano is good at shaping people's opinions, I fell for that shit too several times

>, even though he's given reviews that seem stupid as fuck to me (still salty about Narkopop)
narkopop was easily one of the worst ambient releases of last year lol
anyway fantano doesn't know shit about electronic music and he shills hip-hop because he's associated with complex and is obligated to in order to make him and complex money
I personally don't take any review outside of his metal reviews seriously anymore

I'd never even heard of pic related until fantano reviewed it about 3 months late, and it ended up being my favorite album of 2017.

Attached: cover.jpg (2306x2306, 1.14M)

He gave 9 to Against All Logic and that death metal album as well

I thought you guys said this was bad?

I don't think there's anything wrong with this. His job is to listen to a lot of albums and let people know about them.

>damn it I now like something

fuck fantano

>His job is to listen to a lot of albums and let people know about them.
the issues lie with him being disingenuous when it comes to reviewing anything outside of rock and metal music and his fans who will listen to his reviews and think that they know what they're talking about without even listening to the album and thinking about what they're hearing

how much did third man records pay fantano then?

It Still has 2.56 on RYM
RYM > Fantano

This is real? Jesus christ, he really lost it.

His metal opinions are awful as well

I do like jack white, his stuff for the white stripes and racentours is great. I think people forget how big the white stripes, the strokes, the killers, and early 2000's rock bands were.

youtube.com/watch?v=fC7PEQnjKl4

All that being said jacks solo career has been mostly garbage

I put more stock in his rock/metal reviews because that's what he grew up listening to and it's obvious he's more passionate about reviewing those styles of music, regardless of if they're "wrong" or "awful" or whatever

Yeah, I came across it browsing the weekly new albums released on Apple Music (really great way to keep up on new music) and really liked this one. Glad I decided to give the whole thing a listen.

Ohh ok, I've wondered if that AAL album since it came out. I've been making a project of listening to new LP releases and trying to see how well I can keep up with all the albums (in genres I like/don't mind) released each week but I haven't heard it still. Is it pretty good? And is it a true 2018 album, or is it a compilation/reworking of some of his music that came from 2012-2017?

it's an archival release technically
aal is vastly overrated by a bunch of surface level edm bros and rockists that don't know shit about deep house.

I mean its pretty clear p4k has had a certain agenda to push for a while now. poptamism, corporate indie, identity politics, top 40 garbage.

They also shat on julian casanblancas and the voids when the voids are one the of the most refreshing rock bands of the 2010's

Huh, I really loved that album. Not in my top 10 of 2017 or anything, but I thought it was really good. Any ambient recs from last year (or this year? I haven't found much ambient to write home about from 2018 so far, though ik it's early)?

Huh, that's too bad. But I'll give it a shot I suppose, couldn't hurt.

wtf

wtf i like jack white now and will wait a week calling it the best album of the year so it doesn't look like I did it because of melon

>2018
alva noto & ryuichi sakamoto - glass
celer & forest management - landmarks
oliviaway - 5am
rich c90 - monthly drones

>2017
celer - ecco
jacaszek - kwaity
prurient - rainbow mirror
bing & ruth - no home of the mind

Awesome, that'll keep me busy for a while, cheers!
Except KWIATY, which was a top 5 for me last year. Really fucking great, for active listening, AND background/sleep. Love that shit.

Dedekind Cut - Tahoe

The album is a piece of shit. Really dont get it

>2 days ago
album is trash hehe rock music btfo scum gang xD

>today
was it simply too experimental? was it simply me, without a spine, without a spirit, unable to make up my own mind without my critics telling how to react

Attached: yE5wJRa.png (1024x768, 470K)

I'm fan of Jack White but i did not really feel this album outside of a few songs. I found it kinda boring overall

Attached: Jack+Julian.jpg (400x332, 50K)

the melons lost it

It's not like people who hated it before like it now, it's people who never heard of him or this album liking it.

>both in the same place
the alt-normie is overwhelming in this pic

>aal is vastly overrated by a bunch of surface level edm bros and rockists that don't know shit about deep house.

oh fuck off, I guarantee you haven't heard as many deep house records as me this year and I think AAL is fantastic

his metal reviews are even worse than his hip-hop reviews

>that's what he grew up listening to

has he ever actually said that or are you talking out your ass? he seems pretty knowledgable about hip-hop to me

t. 30yo lifelong hip-hop fan

based

TMT and P4K praised that album long before Fantano, how did you not hear about it?

I don't read either of those; p4k is shit and I don't know what TMT is.

Attached: w.jpg (960x960, 47K)

im about half way through it now, its not bad. 4.7 is an unfair score from midlife-crisisfork

based melon even has a video saying how he actually shapes opinions

as powerful as he is, he can never make me like rap or hip hop