Why was he stupid?

Why was he stupid?

He was italian

people saw him as such

He was too trusting

Why was he stupid?

He was passed over.
He was smart but acted recklessly due to his feelings of betrayal.

>smart

nothing about what he did was smart

he was an idiot plain and simple

the whole point of the character was to show that even "ideal" mobster families are only as strong as their weakest link and that in order to strengthen the whole you need to remove them, sooner or later

he had a low iq

Why did he have a low IQ?

>Fredo
>not smart and deserving of respect

michael internet defense force detected

Too soft and trusting, you never see Fredo doing anything smart for the family, he defended Moe Green and cried like a baby when his father got shot instead of getting help.

If he had been with Michael in the scene where the police chief punches him (Instead of the Baker guy), he'd have shat himself.

>Why was he stupid?

He was fucking Meryl Streep.

Michael was right to have killed him

Not everybody is smart.

He's an idiot long before that you dumbo.

Not relate, but Kay was a mistake.

Fredo's problem wasn't even that he wasn't smart. It was that he refused to or failed to understand that he wasn't smart. Most idiots would have recognized "ok, I'm not as smart as Michael, but I have a pretty sweet deal, let me just live in comfort".

But that's not idiotic

Being an idiot doesn't mean that you're always idiotic though. Plenty of idiots, myself included, could recognize they were in way over their heads and say "You'll let me live a millionaire's lifestyle, and all I have to do is keep my mouth shut and not fuck up? Cool.".

michael alienated him

His sin wasn't stupidity. It was Hubris.

HE WAS BANGIN' COCKTAIL WAITRESSES TWO AT A TIME

he was a good boy
he din du nuffin

He had spinal meningitis as a baby which impaired his cognitive development